main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Lands of the Dead (Post-NJO AU: Anakin Solo, Jacen, Jaina, L/M,H/L,many more) New fic 4/16!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by YodaKenobi, May 30, 2008.

1. PirateofRohan

PirateofRohan Jedi Master star 3

Dec 11, 2009
    In all seriousness, can we have Shrek use "Persuasion" and "Reason" on Jacen?:D
    I know exactly what Jag is feeling. He really wants to avenge his father, but he's going all "Vulcan" on us.[face_shame_on_you] But really, please get Shrek.[face_praying] He can knock sense into Jacen while eating dinner!:D :p

2. Clone_Cmdr_Wedge

Clone_Cmdr_Wedge Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 18, 2006
    YK: I've heard good things about the second one.

Yeah, Killzone 2's better than 1. If only because it has more of that kickass music. :cool:

Interesting

I'll explain in the PM, when I get around to it. :p Some similarities, not a lot, but enough to make me wonder.

Sure, PM away I got the Dragon Age expansion and that was mostly disappointing compared to the actual game

Will do. Haven't gotten into Dragon Age. Been to busy with both ME 1 and 2.

It might be. Been about 5 years since I played the game

Looked it up on YouTube, since it'd been a while for me too. Think I was a little off, but yeah...

"There is a place in the galaxy where the dark side of the Force runs strong. It is something of the Sith, but it was fueled by war. It corrupts all that walks its surface, drowns them in the power of the dark side - it corrupts all life. And it feeds on death."

Pretty much what I wanted to evoke

That's a good thing, right? Right!? [face_plain]

No, it does not... unless Malig really can bring people back from the dead

Well, he supposedly does have the t-virus... :p

Yes, look under W for the "Who is going to die" section.

Okay, question I probably don't want answered, but do you even know who's gonna die? [face_worried]

It is kind of bleak

*insert sarcastic remark* 8-}

3. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    Magnuskn: Oooh, okay. It didn't really translate to me. I mean, yeah, Anakin *thought* that Thrawn couldn't be the real deal, because he "didn't know" that his source was not real. But who says that Thrawn didn't trick him... again?

It's possible, though I'm not sure what he would get out of sending Anakin to Vjun and Korriban otherwise.

I can't really see him going self-destructive, so I guess "gung-ho" is what you mean.

I don't see him going self-destructive either... I'd say it's going to "motivate" him.

Oh, me too. It was all over too quickly, him again fighting with Zekk over Jaina. I liked rugged bounty-hunter Jag.

Totally. I really wanted to see more of that, him slowly rebuilding himself out of nothing instead of the sudden Jedi appointment to Head Moff. Lame, IMO :p

Made for a nice change, although I'll take your pirate captain Jag, too. "Drink up me 'earties. Yo ho.", indeed.

[face_laugh]

Captain Jag [face_laugh]

Good to know. Sometimes it is difficult separating the two continuities, so her age in your fic gets jumbled up with her canon age. Although it is difficult for me to wrap my head around Jaina being in her mid-to-late thirties there, and the core three in their seventies. They certainly aren't written like that much. Jaina especially still comes off as a moody teenager sometimes.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I guess we don't really want to think about the big three being that old, so their characterizations become static. I'm surprised they've done the same with Jaina though :p

Yeah, that. No novel series to fill out that time, just one big event series after another.

I actually like the big event series, I just wish they were better quality.

I am happy that Del Reys contract runs out soon, but they left the EU a shambles, with no clear way to go forward for their successor.

I agree, but at the same time I'm not sure how much blame I place on Del Rey and whether or not it would be different at another publisher. A lot of this stuff comes from LFL.

If it weren't for the excellence which is Star Wars: Legacy, I'd say scrap the whole thing and start anew from where Bantam left off.

I'm still behind on my Legacy reading. I have a big stack I need to read :p Haven't read much since Vecter [face_blush]

Although that would leave us without the excellent canon characterization of Anakin and Tahiri. Hmm. Decisions, decisions.

Yeah, as much as there are things I haven't like, the first half of the NJO (and some of the latter parts) were so awesome I wouldn't want to erase them completely either. Maybe just change the ending and work from there... :p

PirateofRohan: In all seriousness, can we have Shrek use "Persuasion" and "Reason" on Jacen?

It's been awhile since I've seen Shrek. Are those his names for his fists?

I know exactly what Jag is feeling. He really wants to avenge his father, but he's going all "Vulcan" on us.

lol. "Vulcan" probably isn't a bad comparison, given the Chiss culture. Never thought of that before.

But really, please get Shrek. He can knock sense into Jacen while eating dinner!

lol.

I'm not expecting an appearance by Shrek in the series, but I suppose anything is possible :p

Wedge: Yeah, Killzone 2's better than 1. If only because it has more of that kickass music.

It sounds very good in that clip.

Will do. Haven't gotten into Dragon Age. Been to busy with both ME 1 and 2.

You'll like it.

Looked it up on YouTube, since it'd been a while for me too. Think I was a little off, but yeah...
    "There is a place in the galaxy where the dark side of the Force runs strong. It is something of the Sith, but it was fueled by war. It corrupts all that walks its surface, drowns them in the power of the dark side - it corrupts all life. And it feeds on death."

You can kind of see how KotoR2 was so influential to the plot of this series, can't you? [face_mischief]

Well,

4. Magnuskn

Magnuskn Jedi Master star 4

Jul 14, 2002
    A good belly laugh? Headgames is at what's Thrawn good at. :p

Oooh, I see. I think. Motivate him to "step out behind the shadow of his father" and "assume the mantle of leader"?

Can I hope to see something like that in your fic? [face_mischief]

Makes for easier characterization, I guess. It's lazy, though, if your characters can stop growing.

It's not the "big event series" idea I have a problem with ( although their execution was severely lacking, as we both know well ). It's the lack of other concurrent intermediate novels, which flesh out the universe and characters. Stuff like Stackpoles and Allstons X-Wing series or some stand-alones and duologies.

Anakin definitely was Del Reys fault. Making the Yuuzhan Vong so over-the-top was their fault. What happened to Jacen from the NJOs beginning on was definitely their fault. I think the blame lies directly on editorial at Del Reys. LFL approved those ideas, but they originated with DR.

Go for it, the series is excellent. Although expect Cade to get really annoying until the very newest issue.

I see what you did there. :p Yeah, that's my dilemma, too. I chalk it up more to the individual authors being good writers than DR editorial, but as you said, some of the earlier parts were exceedingly well done, not only Anakins and Tahiris characterizations. I am one of the people who actually liked Chewies death and the resulting changes in the personal dynamics wrought by that ( and to be honest, Chewie was sort of only standing in the background in the Bantam era, occasionally roaring something at Han ).

With Star by Star, it seems that someone flipped some switch from "good" to "suck", with notable exception the "Rebel Lines" duology by Allston, which was awesome. But so is everything by him. ^^

5. PirateofRohan

Dec 11, 2009
    Those are the names of his fists!:D

6. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    Magnuskn: A good belly laugh? Headgames is at what's Thrawn good at.

That's true [face_thinking]

Oooh, I see. I think. Motivate him to "step out behind the shadow of his father" and "assume the mantle of leader"?

[face_whistling]

Can I hope to see something like that in your fic?

I will try to work in some joke. Possibly strange Jag on an Island with Jaina and some rum :p

Makes for easier characterization, I guess. It's lazy, though, if your characters can stop growing.

Yeah, I agree. :(

It's not the "big event series" idea I have a problem with ( although their execution was severely lacking, as we both know well ). It's the lack of other concurrent intermediate novels, which flesh out the universe and characters. Stuff like Stackpoles and Allstons X-Wing series or some stand-alones and duologies.

That's a good point. It's too bad too, because I thought Survivor's Quest and Tatooine Ghost were both excellent.

Anakin definitely was Del Reys fault. Making the Yuuzhan Vong so over-the-top was their fault. What happened to Jacen from the NJOs beginning on was definitely their fault. I think the blame lies directly on editorial at Del Reys. LFL approved those ideas, but they originated with DR.

Isn't Shelly Shapiro there every step of the way with Sue? Or am I misunderstanding the relationship here? I thought I remembered her being very involved in NJO planning.

Go for it, the series is excellent. Although expect Cade to get really annoying until the very newest issue.

I like very few of the characters but like the story enough to stick with it. It's the opposite of the way I feel about the novels :p

I see what you did there.

Good :p

Yeah, that's my dilemma, too. I chalk it up more to the individual authors being good writers than DR editorial, but as you said, some of the earlier parts were exceedingly well done, not only Anakins and Tahiris characterizations. I am one of the people who actually liked Chewies death and the resulting changes in the personal dynamics wrought by that ( and to be honest, Chewie was sort of only standing in the background in the Bantam era, occasionally roaring something at Han ).

I loved Chewie's death. That was really well done and hit all the right emotional notes for me. It didn't feel cheap or silly. It was a great way for a great character to go out and I found it to be one of the most powerful moments in the EU.

PirateofRohan: Good, I was right :p

My favorite character in the Shrek movies is the Gingerbread Man :p

Okay, we haven't had an update lately, so... how about we reveal the new cover! [face_mischief]

[image=http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2054/4512859198_4666af36cf_b.jpg]

Once again, Maggy has outdone herself. And she did this in only two days [face_hypnotized] I really can't thank her enough for another great cover [face_peace]

Anyway, I hope you guys like the cover for "The End of All Light." First post is this Friday! :D

7. voxynking

voxynking Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 12, 2005
    Alright the countdown is on. Can't wait for the first post. Although I'm a little nervous on how the story will end I'm sure it'll be worth it. Is there anything after or is this the last LAST of your connecting series?

8. JedlKnIghtDarthUnity

JedlKnIghtDarthUnity Jedi Youngling

Aug 25, 2009
    Im truely sorry fo rbeing gone so long. School end of the year. Oh and Im now an Uncle of a beutiful young niece.

But anyways a quick recap so I dont steetch this page out anymore.

The duel(s) were amazing. Anakin/Jacen of course was my favorite and NORAD ran out of nukes to explode to show how epic it was. luckily they showed it to Putin and the US- I mean Russian Federation set off theirs.

The epilouge was awsome. Jacen seem torn but commited. Tahiri and Anakin have some talking to do. Malig I just cant get a read on after (Im evil and going to make the whole galaxey Applloyon.
    Darth Sidieous alive dueling Malig!

"You have annoyed me for the last time. My.. little.... Masked..... Friend! (Ignites hidden Red Lightsaber.)

Oh also if you take the time and change the music you'll fid that somehow you managed to get the music to sync up with the trailer in all but 1 place were I jsut had to skip ahead. And really adds to the trailer.

Also I read your hints and tried to figure one out. It took me a few seconds then I was like.... "Oh"
    But you said it was probably misleading. But was that misleading!

Anyways awsome fic dude. Any chance on petitioning George to make this the offical cannon?

9. Magnuskn

Jul 14, 2002
    Have him out-headgame Thrawn. [face_mischief]

Yeah, I also remember Shelly Shapiro being very involved in those decisions. She's from LFL? Oh, well. Then I guess I need to chalk it up to Rostoni and Shapiro, rather than the companies. I always got the impression that it was a circle of very few people who went ahead with what happened from Star by Star onward with Anakin, Jacen and the rest. In any case, there was a string of incredibly bad decisions on the part of editorial. And one which held on for a long time. I hear FotJ is better than LotF.

That's interesting, because I like almost every character in Legacy. None of them are perfect and almost everyone seems on some road of redemption ( Sith excluded ), only that due to their imperfections they stray from it. Very George R.R. Martin-esque.

Same here. Makes me always ask myself if there were different people at the helm for the first part of the NJO. Or maybe it's Dennings fault. :p

10. PirateofRohan

Dec 11, 2009
    Yobi love the cover! Oh, and FYI if your story doesn't work out, your welcome to come to my black-hole created AU where everyones nice to everyone.:D :p Everything in that sentence is TRUE except for it being black-hole created and everyone being nice. But other then that, its positivly TRUE.[face_liarliar]

11. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    voxynking: Alright the countdown is on. Can't wait for the first post.

I'm glad you're excited :D

Although I'm a little nervous on how the story will end I'm sure it'll be worth it.

I hope no one walks away disappointed. I can't guarantee it. All I can say is that I think the end is satisfying.

Is there anything after or is this the last LAST of your connecting series?

No, this is it and it ends in a pretty definitive way...

JedIKnIghtDarthUnity: Im truely sorry fo rbeing gone so long. School end of the year. Oh and Im now an Uncle of a beutiful young niece.

There's no need to apologize, and congratulations! :D

But anyways a quick recap so I dont steetch this page out anymore.
    The duel(s) were amazing. Anakin/Jacen of course was my favorite and NORAD ran out of nukes to explode to show how epic it was. luckily they showed it to Putin and the US- I mean Russian Federation set off theirs.

[face_laugh]

I'm glad you found the epic violence enjoyable :p

The epilouge was awsome. Jacen seem torn but commited. Tahiri and Anakin have some talking to do.

I agree on both of these points.

Malig I just cant get a read on after (Im evil and going to make the whole galaxey Applloyon.
    Darth Sidieous alive dueling Malig!
    "You have annoyed me for the last time. My.. little.... Masked..... Friend! (Ignites hidden Red Lightsaber.)

lol. Well, we know there was some sort of confrontation between them in the past. My guess would be that we're going to see it... and for some reason it involves a lot of corpses :p

Oh also if you take the time and change the music you'll fid that somehow you managed to get the music to sync up with the trailer in all but 1 place were I jsut had to skip ahead. And really adds to the trailer.

That's awesome. I didn't actually go through and time it though I suppose I had a vague idea of how long each section was. Good to know I was close to right :p

Also I read your hints and tried to figure one out. It took me a few seconds then I was like.... "Oh"
    But you said it was probably misleading. But was that misleading!

Which one did you get?

Anyways awsome fic dude. Any chance on petitioning George to make this the offical cannon?

I don't think that's ever going to happen :p But I would be happy if it did.

Magnuskn: Yeah, I also remember Shelly Shapiro being very involved in those decisions. She's from LFL? Oh, well. Then I guess I need to chalk it up to Rostoni and Shapiro, rather than the companies.

I'm sorry, Shapiro is with Del Rey and Rostoni works for LFL.

I always got the impression that it was a circle of very few people who went ahead with what happened from Star by Star onward with Anakin, Jacen and the rest.

I think you're right in that.

In any case, there was a string of incredibly bad decisions on the part of editorial. And one which held on for a long time. I hear FotJ is better than LotF.

I'm not sure about that. In some ways yes, in others no. I guess we'll have to wait and see how it plays out ultimately.

That's interesting, because I like almost every character in Legacy. None of them are perfect and almost everyone seems on some road of redemption ( Sith excluded ), only that due to their imperfections they stray from it. Very George R.R. Martin-esque.

I seem to be alone in my disinterest in them. Most of the time I feel like any one of them could die and I wouldn't care.

Same here. Makes me always ask myself if there were different people at the helm for the first part of the NJO. Or maybe it's Dennings fault.

Well, there was a slightly different team from what I understand, though Sue and Shelly were a part of both. My understanding is that they had their big planning summit with the authors of the first half (including Denning) to map out that arc, then had a second big meeting with the authors of the second half

12. GrandMasterKatarn

GrandMasterKatarn Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 8, 2008
    :D Can't wait

13. Magnuskn

Jul 14, 2002
    Or in that order.

I guess I will cite Havac on this.

That pretty sums it up. :p

Hrmmm. Now you make me want to not pick up the trade paperbacks, which I had planned to do this year. I really can't take another disasterous series. OTOH, I feel a bit left out, when everybody is talking about Abeloth and Vestara.

Totally the contrary for me. I love pretty much all the characters, and would be sad to see any one of them go. Yeah, even some of the Sith. The news that Legacy is ending hit me pretty hard yesterday. Well, we all in the thread on the main lit board hope it continues in some form or another, we'll have to see, I guess.

Another reason why he should return to publishing novels at all. He's self-publishing E-Books at the moment on his website www.stormwolf.com . But, yeah, from the second half onwards, it seemed as if a small group took over and kriffed it all up beyond measure. Not even to mention all the continuity errors from one novel to the next, which mostly popped up in the second half onwards.

14. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
  15. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    GMK: Can't wait

Glad to hear it :D

Magnuskn: I guess I will cite Havac on this.

Yeah, I couldn't agree more. This fast-track to Legacy that the novel authors seem to be on is very disappointing and completely unnecessary.

Hrmmm. Now you make me want to not pick up the trade paperbacks, which I had planned to do this year. I really can't take another disasterous series. OTOH, I feel a bit left out, when everybody is talking about Abeloth and Vestara.

Abeloth is the best thing in the series, IMO. I'm afraid the mystery of It is going to be more interesting than the answers, but I'm hopeful. As for Vestara and the Lost Tribe... I'm still on the fence. The sucked in Omen but were much better in Abyss and Backlash. I can't comment on how they are in Allies untill it's released, but it's different :p

Totally the contrary for me. I love pretty much all the characters, and would be sad to see any one of them go. Yeah, even some of the Sith. The news that Legacy is ending hit me pretty hard yesterday. Well, we all in the thread on the main lit board hope it continues in some form or another, we'll have to see, I guess.

Yeah, I'm still not sure about that one. My gut says there are more Legacy comics in the work and this is, in part at least, a marketing ploy. We'll see though.

Another reason why he should return to publishing novels at all. He's self-publishing E-Books at the moment on his website www.stormwolf.com .

Yeah, what's up with that? This guy is awesome... I don't get it.

But, yeah, from the second half onwards, it seemed as if a small group took over and kriffed it all up beyond measure. Not even to mention all the continuity errors from one novel to the next, which mostly popped up in the second half onwards.

It's amazing how wistful I am for the days of the NJO and all that aggrevated me about it compared to LotF and FotJ :p I almost feel bad about complaining about anything from that series 8-}

PointGiven: Can't wait

I appreciate the enthusiasm :D

One more day now...

Expect a very large surprise in the prologue of the new story [face_whistling]

See you guys tomorrow :)

16. Magnuskn

Jul 14, 2002
    I was rather referring to how Del Rey finds our tears delicious. [face_mischief] That nonwithstanding, are you surprised? They killed off most of the younger generation, since they couldn't touch the big three and don't know any better than killing of characters for cheap drama. Given a chance to jump timelines and not have to come up with pesky things like new characters and an original storyline, of course they'd leap at that.

Well, Abeloth so far doesn't tell me much, but I'm pretty sure Ben will redeem Vestara. With his penis. [face_laugh]

Same here, although before John calmed the waters, I was fearing another case of collective company insanity, like with Anakins deaths.

I don't know. :( The best I could glean from some comments of his on his website was that his publisher hadn't renewed his contracts and he couldn't find a new one. Which is nuts, since he is a well-known and beloved author. But I fear I couldn't find something which explained in more detail what his current situation is.

Well, if DRs plan was to write such terrible sequel series to the NJO, so that everybody would forget how awful the NJO itself was, it seems to be working. :p Also, they need their dark sustenance.

17. Darth_Mediocre

Darth_Mediocre Jedi Youngling

Nov 22, 2008
    Only have time for a quick post, but just wanted to say, great end to the last fic and really looking forward to the new one.

I'll agree with the murmurs that there's a sneaking part of me that hopes Malig will triumph and bring the whole cosmos under his thrall[face_devil] . Because he's just that awesome. Perhaps you should go the route of the games and do a darkside ending:p .

Awaiting the post this evening with anticipation and, I hope, a longer reply from yours truly.

Edit: Btw, props to Wedge. Malig/Helghast = Epic Win.

18. Darth Dreadwar

Darth Dreadwar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 26, 2010
    Great cover art, Maggy.

I like that an obscure (but awesome) picture of Revan (whose mask also looks quite different than in the KOTOR games since it's from Hasbro) was used. It makes it look more like Malig. And the energies rising from Malig's hand, looks very arcane, to do with Sith magic, so also very much suiting Malig.

I can't wait for The End of All Light's first chapter coming out today!

19. Clone_Cmdr_Wedge

Clone_Cmdr_Wedge Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 18, 2006
    YK: You'll like it.

I've got a younger brother who's been playing Dragon Age on the PC for a while now. He seems to like it, except for the spiders. :p

You can kind of see how KotoR2 was so influential to the plot of this series, can't you?

Yep. Plan on wrapping up any plotholes or loose ends from that game? :p

Of course. I have a list of characters in a word doc on this computer right now. Certain characters have a star next to their name. This means they are going to die.

Okay, how many have... you know what, don't tell me. I'll be happier that way. [face_plain]

Okay, we haven't had an update lately, so... how about we reveal the new cover!

Nice use of that Reven picture. And it looks like we have Luke, Leia, Jacen, Jaina, Anakin, and... is that Anakin Sr I see there between Luke and Leia? :eek:

Now I'll just have to see how, or if, I can edit the cover. Gotta find a good picture of Wesker... :cool:

Expect a very large surprise in the prologue of the new story

I would ask if it was a good or bad surprise, but I'd imagine that would depend, "from a certain point of view", right? ;)

Magnuskn: Well, if DRs plan was to write such terrible sequel series to the NJO, so that everybody would forget how awful the NJO itself was, it seems to be working.

Lol, sorry to butt in on this, but I just wanted to say that LotF did make me nostalgic for the days of NJO. I don't think it was *terrible* per-se. I thought there were some new ideas at least. The execution of them... well, Your Mileage May Vary. :p

Also, they need their dark sustenance.

[face_laugh] :_| [face_laugh]

Darth_Mediocre:

Lol, thanks. Think we could get Brian Cox to voice Malig? Always kinda thought of Malig as Wesker though. The Raithians as the Helghast though... [face_thinking] GENIUS! [face_idea]

Well, I think I promised a Parady trailer based on RE5, so here it is:

(Inspired by this RE5 Trailer.)

[The words "A YodaKenobi Fic" appear on the screen as Malig speaks]

Malig: Anakin, how nice of you to join us...

[As voice over continues, various shots of the Reckoner are seen]

Malig: The Reckoner is on the eve of its appearence. Six billion cries of agony will birth a new balence. Soon even you will understand Anakin.

[View of Malig talking into a microphone]

Malig: One glimpse of my new world, and it will all make perfect sense.

[Shot of Anakin looking around in a darkened room]

Anakin: Show yourself!

[Shot of Malig at the mic.]

Malig: Unfortunately, it's too late for you. You will not live to see the dawn...

[Cut to a scene in a factory of sorts, with Anakin and Tahiri looking around, trying to find the source of a noise, when suddenly, they draw their lightsabers]

[Shot of a door being blown open and Raithian soldiers come pouring in, fighting ensues...]

Anakin: This whole place has gone to hell. The people here, they're acting like the people we found in Raithian space

[Anakin and Tahiri enter a stone temple, various pieces of machinery, some of them decades old, are scattered around. Anakin runs over to one, and clears of some dust, revealing the Imperial cog.]

Anakin: The Empire?

Tahiri: What was the Empire doing here?

Anakin: Some of this equipment is from the Raithians.... Are they working together?

[Scene of Anakin and Tahiri on a shuttle piloted by Pirate Captain Jag. The unexpected arrival of a Raithian ship right in front of them causes Jag to veer the shuttle sharply away. ]

Jag: Aw SITHSPIT!

[Cut to a shot of Darth Havok/Jacen and Harrow in a passageway]

Havok: What are you going to do about them?

Harrow: *scoffs* You're just one of Lord Malig's playthings...

20. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    New Story: Legacy of the Sith IV: The End of All Light is here.

Magnuskn
    : I was rather referring to how Del Rey finds our tears delicious.

They are cruel :( Especially with Anakin and Tahiri stuff :mad:

That nonwithstanding, are you surprised? They killed off most of the younger generation, since they couldn't touch the big three and don't know any better than killing of characters for cheap drama. Given a chance to jump timelines and not have to come up with pesky things like new characters and an original storyline, of course they'd leap at that.

Yeah, you're right. They did such a good job setting up the new Jedi in the NJO only to kill almost all of them... what a shame :(

Well, Abeloth so far doesn't tell me much, but I'm pretty sure Ben will redeem Vestara. With his penis.

:p

I wouldn't go that far, but a relationship between them seems inevitable.

I don't know. The best I could glean from some comments of his on his website was that his publisher hadn't renewed his contracts and he couldn't find a new one. Which is nuts, since he is a well-known and beloved author. But I fear I couldn't find something which explained in more detail what his current situation is.

Yeah, strange. I know writing is a tough business. Most of the people writing Star Wars books have day jobs, I think.

Well, if DRs plan was to write such terrible sequel series to the NJO, so that everybody would forget how awful the NJO itself was, it seems to be working.

It's a grand strategy :p

Darth_Mediocre: Only have time for a quick post, but just wanted to say, great end to the last fic and really looking forward to the new one.

Thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed it :D

I'll agree with the murmurs that there's a sneaking part of me that hopes Malig will triumph and bring the whole cosmos under his thrall . Because he's just that awesome.

lol. Thanks, it means a lot to me that you guys like Malig so much [face_mischief]

Perhaps you should go the route of the games and do a darkside ending .

That's a possibility...

Awaiting the post this evening with anticipation and, I hope, a longer reply from yours truly.

I look forward to it ;)

Wedge has been epic winning for years :cool:

Darth_Dreadwar: Great cover art, Maggy.

She does fantastic work :) I'm glad you like it.

I like that an obscure (but awesome) picture of Revan (whose mask also looks quite different than in the KOTOR games since it's from Hasbro) was used. It makes it look more like Malig.

Yeah, I think they might have used an actual model for it. Not sure though.

And the energies rising from Malig's hand, looks very arcane, to do with Sith magic, so also very much suiting Malig.

Yeah. Could be those healing powers of his [face_whistling]

I can't wait for The End of All Light's first chapter coming out today!

I really appreciate the enthusiasm :D

Wedge: I've got a younger brother who's been playing Dragon Age on the PC for a while now. He seems to like it, except for the spiders.

****ing spiders [face_plain]

Yep. Plan on wrapping up any plotholes or loose ends from that game?

No, when I said KotoR2 was influential, I meant I plan on ending this story in a completely unsatisfying way and leaving almost every plot thread dangling.

Okay, just kidding :p Yes, actually, there will be some stuff from KotoR2 addressed [face_shhh]

Okay, how many have... you know what, don't tell me. I'll be happier that way.

It's less than a hundred if that makes you feel better.

Nice use of that Reven picture. And it looks like we have Luke, Leia, Jacen, Jaina, Anakin, and... is that Anakin Sr I see there between Luke and Leia?

It is indeed ;)

Now I'll just have to see how, or if, I can edit the cover. Gotta find a good picture of Wesker...

[face_laugh]

I look forward to the Resident Evilified version of

Last edited: Sep 27, 2019