main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars The Last Epitaph

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Sinrebirth , Jun 16, 2019.

1. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    C: The Professor
    Dwartii, the Twilight Graveyard, shortly after

The man sat in his most comfortable attire, sitting upon a large but flat boulder, peering up into the ruined sky with his arms flat behind him,

He noticed someone approaching him, a shorter individual but as much in a Black-Coat as he.

He stopped in-front of him, and the taller held up a hand to him, pitched his voice high. "So?"

The shorter of them drew back his hood, revealing his face. His hair had whitened somewhat, his eyes were not yellow; yet. Palpatine regarded the sleeve. "Yeah. It wards off darkness. It's useful."

"Told ya!" The Professor said, finger wagged. "So, how'd it go?" He held out both of his hands as if to embrace Palpatine. "The tour."

Of course, they did not embrace, but Palpatine stepped forward and sat beside him. "I learned... the reason for my existence."

"Ohhhhhh?" Black-Coat said, lifting his head to the sky as if crowing, and then leaned close, with a quirt of his head. "Tell me more."

"All around the world," Palpatine said, staring off into the distance, "people live seemingly peaceful lives. They believe themselves to be moral and virtuous, but it's all an act." He linked his hands. "Darkness lurks in the pit of everyone's heart."

His tone grew heavy. "There light is a total farce."

"Sounds like your trip around the worlds opened your eyes, but," his voice dipped slightly as he too looked ahead, "you got a little bit more than you anticipated." Wapoe's voice seemingly dragged. "You must have seen a lot of darkness."

Palpatine leaned back, placing his hands behind him, looking into the cloud cover. "Those who are weak, and who desire greater power, simply strip the strong of their power, and convince themselves that they've earned it. That's how people become tainted by darkness." He continued on. "They believe what they want to believe, using hollow reasons as justification. They repeat this cycle, and the darkness grows."

"So you're saying the weak feel the need to justify their actions to maintain their sense of self," the Jester shrugged, hands curling and unfurling. "Can't let that slide?"

His face still up, Palpatine gave him a side eye. "No, it's better they be ruled by darkness."

"People carry delusions of having power," he said, leaning forward, "but it's a lie." He held his hands, and squeezed them, tight, his soft tone belying his anger. "They are but sheep pretending to be wolves." The leather on his gloves audibly squealed. "Though I admit, I can understand why."

"Ohhh, I've never heard that one before." Samhain flinched, reacting in an exaggerated fashion and clutching his chin. "A Force Wielder willing to side with the darkness?" He removed his hand and wagged a finger at Palpatine in a disapproving manner. "Why not just let them be, until the darkness consumes them?" he fluttered his hand, palm up.

"Because left alone," Palpatine said, flexing his interlinked fingers against each one more time. "The world would fall to chaos." He left his hands slack. "There needs to be order."

"You sure about that?" The Master of Masters said, standing slowly, stretching. He tucked his hands behind the small of his back and stepped forward. "Why not just sit back and watch it play out?"

He paused a few meters away, but did not turn around.

"Understanding the heart is difficult, moreso the emotions within," Palpatine said heavily. "I simply realize its easy to dismiss what you don't comprehend."

"Alright, alright." As if beaten by his words, the Master leaned forward, weighed down. "The world needs you, I'll grant you that one."

"I don't know what I can do," Palpatine sighed, "but I will act. What comes next is too important."

His back still to Palpatine, the Master's voice grew thoughtful. "I suppose letting false light dictate the future might be a... pretty lousy move." He glanced back, leaning around. "So? You can make a Change, you have that power - what do you want for the world?"

Palpatine's lips pursed, and he quirked a smile. "Power, eh?" He sat up, arms shrugging. "Who knows? My training's coming to an end, and the exam's not far off." He was referencing his studies on Naboo, ones all teens would take to decide their path into the future. "Maybe I can gain some clarity then."

The Master turned around fully, giving the young man all his attention, lifting a hand to him. "You're letting the exam decide?" The hand fell to his hip, as he leaned forward. "Listen to me," he said, his free hand lifting, finger up. "The results don't matter. You believe the world needs you." He placed his hands on his chest and brandished them outward. "Sounds like you already know where to go."

"It's funny." Palpatine looked down at his gloved hand. "Somehow, I can sense where I'm supposed to go, and what I'm supposed to do." He flexed his fingers. "Yes, even this coat, there's something familiar about it, as if I'm meant to wear this."

"Hmmm." The Master said, his hands back behind his back. "No..." he pointed at the coat. "You'll ditch it soon."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean that one day you'll going to outgrow it."

Palpatine leaned forward, still seated, hands splayed. "How so."

The Master's tone grew slightly deeper. "If you truly possess great power, the darkness can't control you." He held up his hand, and then to Palpatine. "You won't need a silly old coat to stay safe." He made a fist. "In fact, you'll be the one controlling the darkness instead."

"Me on the other hand," his voice went back up an octave, and he placed his hands on his chest. "I'm too much of a scaredy cat to ever take mine off!" His hands were lifted to his face, as if he was hiding behind them.

Palpatine's eyes narrowed; he wasn't convinced. "Who are you, really? Some kind of fortune-teller?"

The Master leaned back, slightly. He waved a hand, pointed and rolling his finger. "Well, I could lie," his hands were back to his hips,a and he leaned forward for emphasis, "and tell you that's what I am, when I'm actually a brilliant artist, or even a scholar." He turned away, arms spread, voice raised loud as he walked off. "I could tell you that I dream of world peace," he lifted a hand and squeezed it into a fist, dropping his tone deeper than he had to this point. "When I'm actually planning for it's destruction." He tucked his hands back behind the small of his waist. "The truth is what you see with your eyes, not what you hear."

A pause.

Palpatine arched an eyebrow, leaning on one knee. "So, your name?"

The Master dropped a shoulder, sounding indignant and exasperated and turning back, "what did I just - never mind," he held his hand behind his head. "I guess there is no harm." He stood up a bit straighter and lowered his arms. "My name is -"

Palpatine's eyes widened.

Into the silence, the Master held out his hands, shrugging. "I'm a Lost Master."

"Lost... Master?"

At that, the Master turned to leave, and Palpatine stood. He muttered as he left. "May the Force be with you."

The Master had said these words to many others, some even to Palpatine...

---
    One hundred years later, the Twilight Graveyard

Darth Sidious opened his White Eyes in thought, regarding the four statues and the two who stood with him.

He'd been defeated more than once now.

But so far, all of his designs had came to fruition.

He smirked to himself.

"What's so funny, old man? Care to share it with us?" A sarcastic, caustic tone.

The Emperor's eyes opened. "I stand here today because of a fated encounter." Behind him was the self-same stone he had sat on before. "Very many years ago, when I was still a young lad. I never learned who he was, and perhaps I neve will. But I see now the truth he spoke of."

"We don't have time for bedtime stories," the dry voice continued. "Without the kid, we're still down a vessel, and as for the others, only three of us are here right now. Are you absolutely sure the others made their way to their respective times?"

Palpatine eyed the third member here, and made a noise of amusement.

So too did he back.

They had much to do.

TAG: Nobody

2. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: Palpatine
    Dwartii Class Reunion, twenty-five years later, in 41 BBY

Now a Senator, Darth Sidious brushed down his robes, heading to Nouane for the first time in as many years as the class reunion was due.

He was a Senator now, and had been for a decade.

He was looking forward to seeing who would return to Nouane.

Sitting in a quiet tapcaf, he had arranged this meeting without the knowledge of his Master, who had long stepped back from galactic politics after his near-death in an assassination attempt. The invite had been sent surreptitiously, but he didn't know whether it would reach all the necessary parties.

Sipping a tea, Palpatine looked for them - for Tarkin, for Jori, for Aurrenna, for Roan (who he had subsequently learned had survived and indeed triumphed the Dwartii Crisis) and for Ni'Korish (who was incredibly unlikely to attend). Of course, Vy'ndall remained a person of interest, though the Jedi Order officially, and separately, had a detain on sight order out for the Nagai.

He regarded his datapad.

The time is now, the Reunion is upon us. Red-flame traitor, please gather your pieces.

It had been an anonymous message, and with all the resources of the Dark Lords of the Sith he could not find the source.

They'd all had it, as well as instructions on where to meet on Nouane.

It was a very odd way to run a class reunion...

TAG: @darthbernael, @TheAdmiral, @The Vanguard, @Imperial_Hammer, @Mitth_Fisto, @greyjedi125

This is a post-game Epilogue of sorts. Please reply as a single if you wish to attend the Class Reunion, twenty-five years after the Last Class. If you respond by the 21st April 2021 I shall incorporate you into the next TAG.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2021
    greyjedi125 and TheAdmiral like this.
  3. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Aurrenna Adasca (Executor Vezrra Anor)

A road in the wilderness is path few dare to take. Especially of the side of service she was supposed to have died serving, only she had the audacity and blessing of Yun-Harla to not only survive, but to do so in a legendary fashion. Taken back to Arkania she had entered into a seclusion, a blessed thing that these aliens with labs full of heretical technology and records that predated any detailed history in the universe - focused on the biological. She was not of the Shaper caste, but she had serviced them and been a spy for their ranks long before she was one for the Warriors in this new galaxy. You learn a thing or two, that you are supposed to never know doing such things as a mere Attendant.

Also with a cover like hers she had been taught a few more, and here she had never wasted an opportunity to learn - or to make a reason to learn. Not only for the invasion but for herself. Now, she was wounded. With nothing but pieces of a dying ooglith masquer to keep herself looking normal, all held in place precariously by a cloak of Nuun that was at the same time slowly eating her dying masquer which was her face to rest of the galaxy. Now when it came to shaping her own oogliths and making microadjustments to things already shaped, she was a master. It was a role of the Intendant caste to care for the things made by the shapers, to spy on everyone, to make sure things got to where they needed to be, and most precious of all they were adaptable. Where the Yun had made the other castes with strict guidelines, hers was always deliciously vague.

She had locked herself away in her labs, where some experiments for experiments sake were actually tools and material she had brought with her. It was here that she plumbed the depths of the ancient genetic archives, it was here that she bred hundreds of variants and combinations before settling on the true ones. She entered the chamber dying and on the other side she was grafted and merged by droids and Arkanian attendants that would be melted into slag the minute the procedures were done. Lab accidents happen when dealing with Leviathan genetics after all. That was her muscle, her sinew, and her bone. She became stronger, more resilient, and gained a new hunger that saw her feasting on the very minds of those she had to kill and feeling ever more invigorated by them.

When it came to her skin flesh she had seen to the oogliths and the weapons of the warriors. At first she tried the combining of her favored two, but here she ran into issues, and so she had tried again, and again. Finally believing she had succeed in a way to make a flesh that would respond to her very desires appropriately she had draped over the leviathan tissues, and merged with her own flesh. Only her flesh was not as strong as the new. Before it was time to unleash her influenced monstrosities on society she was what most call shamed. For the new flesh replaced the burnt flesh, but it also replaced her old flesh. Beneath was true, beneath was pure, but the surface? She was something new. Black diamond scaled flesh with pulsing cream lines between each one, she sent a message to the Tarkin Avatar at this point, asking one simple question [Do I have limits?]

Still, she had slipped away in the chaos of the days to come, what would be would be. She looked forward to serving her roles by her own terms unless it involved the gods. And now, 25 years later she responded to a message by coming. Coming to a small establishment she passed once in looking before she stopped in an alley nearby with no imaging equipment nearby and focused. Her flesh moved, and the image of a Barabel cracked and shifted, the tail split in two and curled up inside the large black robe she wore, and flesh changed in a smooth ripple of appearance back into that girl she had pretended to be many years before.

[​IMG]

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4342/36397695325_c70089945b_o.jpg

Flesh and jewels dangled in their place as long white hair fell as it was supposed to. Stepping out of the alley she walked into the tapcalf. A vibrant image of a woman long presumed dead, cloaked only in a large black robe as she came toward the one she recognized. Curious if she should kill him or ask him about the summons? Might as well ask, taking a seat she gestured to the server for another drink - same as Palpatines- to be delivered.

TAG: @Sinrebirth , @darthbernael , @TheAdmiral, @The Vanguard, @Imperial_Hammer @greyjedi125

4. darthbernael

darthbernael EU Community Mod, Fuego, Pyrofuego! star 5 Staff Member Manager

Apr 15, 2019
    IC Tarkin

Tarkin’s return was lauded, almost as though he’d passed the Trials of Youth once more. But even accolades fade and events over the years caused him to fade out of the spotlight. The first was when his wife, who suspected he’d drifted away from her, it was a political union after all, lost their child. That all but drove the two of them apart except for necessary state functions. That alone had driven his star from the firmament and his nephew, whose star had been rising already, took the lead of the family.

That gave Tarkin time to think, to consider, and to live. His frequent trips offworld, rumors saying accompanied by a tall, cloaked figure who flew an ancient craft, allowed him to keep abreast of galactic events and to meet Jori whenever the opportunity arose. When Wilhulf was born he spent less time travelling and more time passing along his knowledge and experiences to his scion. Perhaps that was why his son grew to a distrust of the Jedi and most nonhumans, his father’s remembrances of the events of the last days of the Program.

The years passed and one of the few highlights, he would say, was finding out that ‘Aurenna’ survived. He’d told her that she needed to rest, to grow, to experience her pain, and become what she deserved to be. Her message to him caused a little twist to his lip, the largest smile young Wilhulf had seen from his father in most of his life. He sent back a message as simple as hers had been, [Limits are for those afraid to be themselves fully.]

So, when the invitation from Palpatine came, personalized more than had been when they been in the Program as they had spoken several times over the years and they younger man had even spent time with Wilhulf. They could almost be said to be on friendly terms so when the invite came he was not going to refuse.

He took one of the diplomatic cruisers of the Eriaduan Defense Fleet on his return to Nouane. Wilhulf had wanted to come as well, but his duties since being inducted into the Republic Navy meant he was on duty. So it was Tarkin, more grey to his hair but still tall, stark of face and bearing, who stepped out of the shuttle when it landed. He followed the directions to the tapcafe and paused outside the door.

He stepped forward, the door opening and he walked in, noticing that Aurrenna and Palpatine were already here. He stopped at the bar to order an Eriaduan ale before walking over to the table. He nodded to Palpatine, ”Not so long since the last time, my friend. Wilhulf would be here but he’s on duty. And very appreciative of the Letter of Recommendation to the Academy. He never forgets to remind me of that when he knows we are visiting.”

He turned toward Aurrenna and his eyes flashed as though something in him was evaluating her and her progress over the last quarter century. An approving light appeared in them as they turned grey. He bent over her hand in an almost courtier’s bow, whispering, ”I see you followed my advice about limits, good.”

Greetings done he sat down, the ale being deposited by his elbow. Taking a sip, he sat back, wondering who of the others would be joining them.

TAGS: @Sinrebirth, @TheAdmiral, @greyjedi125, @Mitth_Fisto, @Imperial_Hammer

Last edited: Apr 14, 2021
  5. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    GM Approved

IC: Lord Anguish
    25 years later

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

He sat still, regarding the message, his hood covering his features as he soaked in the soothing ambient heat. He hadn’t decided if to laugh or be incensed by the mysterious invitation.

“A reunion…” he scoffed aloud. “After twenty-five long years.”

Should he feel insulted? Should he even care? It was surprisingly not easy to decide. He had eventually moved past the whole unpleasantness that had been the failed Dwartii Program. Well, not so much the program, but his mission, for the Nagai to invade the main galaxy.

He was no lauded hero -he was merely cast aside. Yes, an Outcast.

Lord Anguish found solace in exterminating Tof at his leisure, despite not being able to single-handedly make a difference in the Tof-Nagai War, his new powers not withstanding.

He counted the years, the months, the days, the hours. He still had 45 years to go, according to the time schedule he was given, if he still even believed it.

“Lies, all lies…”

Now this. Someone was certainly bored. But who? It certainly wasn’t Palpatine. He’d become a Senator or something of the other. What enviable success, but surely he was far too busy for such trivialities. Tarkin was a man who looked to the future, such a thing was not his style. Anguish knew little else of the others, as he’d hardly interacted with them, much less cared.

He knew not what had become of the half-breed. However, perhaps the immortal green imp had decided to lay a trap for him after all this time. He did seem the obsessive type.

Well, he would have to do better than that.

With an annoyed flick of his hand did Lord Anguish toss the offending missive into the fiery lava which flowed all around him. It pleased him to hear it sizzle and burn before it was consumed to nothingness.

No, he would not go the the pitiful reunion. He had no reason or inclination for reminiscing. But he could slip back for other…purposes.

“Yesss….”

His features remained hooded, for they had been twisted over the years into an unsightly mask. Slaying Tof and destroying dark jedi had become altogether uninspiring. A different plan was forming, one that should extend his legacy if he played his cards right.

Yes, that’s exactly what he should do.

Slowly, the sound began, first as a chuckle, then slowly it grew as he began to laugh.

It was time to create a legacy of anguish.

~ The beginning ~​

6. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Chosen One star 4

Mar 28, 2004
    IC: Jori Atreus

Jori was surprised when she got the invitation for the Dwartii Class Reunion, given how short her stay there was she had practically been a visitor to Nouane. At least it was pretty exciting, but with the years most of it had faded away. Tarkin’s prophecies of a large scale invasion never came true, though she tried not to rub it in when they liaised...

The years afterwards were busy enough. The short stay on Nouane had inspired her to delve deeper into Kuati politics. It was to be a stepping stone for her future ambitions. It surely helped that her homeworld was so influential and important to the Galactic economy.

Jori schemed her way up to Kuat of Kuat. Scheming and murdering (of course all unproven and usually involved accidents), smashing any obstacle on her way to power. Though a single planetary system was a small prize for her ambitions, that was a start of sorts.

Her beauty had not diminished too much with the passing of the time. In that regard she was like fine wine, getting better with age. That and the minor corrections.

Jori had to marry another Kuati noble, but never really loved the man. She kept her fondness for Tarkin. Though that too was not love in the classical meaning, but a close approximation. Had a son, but who of the two was the father… that was a secret she kept to herself.

The journey to Nouane was rather uneventful, deciding this time not to come with the huge ship with which she had left the place. If you had to show off your power unnecessarily then it meant you never had it. A small paradox, but usually the weak and the powerless paraded their toys everywhere to make themselves feel important.

Gliding towards her former classmates, Jori smiled broadly “I see I am late for the party.” she chuckled softly “It is good to see you again my friends.”

TAG: @Sinrebirth @darthbernael @Imperial_Hammer @greyjedi125 @Mitth_Fisto

7. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Tapcaf

He wasn't especially surprised who turned up, and who didn't.

Ni'Korish was a monarch of a nation now, as he knew from his surreptitious visits.

Similarly, was Vy'ndall going to turn up in such a gauche manner?

And of course Roan was busy living it up as part of the Kings Court back on Thustra.

Palpatine sniffed.

Aurrenna sat down and gestured for a drink, and Palpatine simply smiled genially and sipped his drink.

There was Tarkin, as verbose and determined to be center of attention as ever.

”Not so long since the last time, my friend. Wilhulf would be here but he’s on duty. And very appreciative of the Letter of Recommendation to the Academy. He never forgets to remind me of that when he knows we are visiting.”

"It was no trouble whatsoever, I merely spoke the truth of the boy. He is most impressive, you should be quite proud." He sipped again, and watched the flash of Tarkin's eyes upon Aurenna, and even a courtly bow, complete with a whispered aside, which of course Palpatine could hear with the slightest effort. ”I see you followed my advice about limits, good.”

Palpatine's expression remained neutral, but any need to remain silent was undone by the arrival of Jori. “I see I am late for the party,” she said with a smile. “It is good to see you again my friends.”

At her arrival he adopted a broad smile. "You look even more beautiful than before, my dear. I am glad to see that political power has kept you young." He touched his receding hairline. "Not so with myself, I am afraid."

He gestured for the owner to supply a drink to her, and nodded to them all. "I must say, it is very good to see you." His lips adopted a quirk. "To the survivors of Nouane." Then his tone dropped somewhat. "And to those who did not."

Poor Tarsus, he thought.

He didn't want to ask if any of them had heard from the Professor; he was presumed dead, after all.

TAG: @TheAdmiral, @darthbernael, @Mitth_Fisto

8. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Aurrenna Adasca (Executor Vezrra Anor)

As Aurrenna sat down and gestured for a drink, Palpatine simply smiled genially and sipped his drink in return. Smiling demurely she waited, and her waiting was answered by the others arrivals.

There was Tarkin, the mysterious avatar of a Yun whose eyes still danced the way they did after he addressed Palpatine in a trifling exchange before he made to turn and speak to her.

The flash of Tarkin's eyes upon Aurenna, and even a courtly bow, complete with a whispered aside, which of course Palpatine could hear with the slightest effort she was sure. ”I see you followed my advice about limits, good.”

Merely tilting her head she let off a light giggle as though one still very young as a smile spread upon her lips as she replied in kind, "To be fair, I did so before your advice arrived."

Palpatine's expression remained neutral, but any need to remain silent was undone by the arrival of Jori. “I see I am late for the party,” she said with a smile. “It is good to see you again my friends.”

With a softer smile and a look of thanks she raised her glass to Jori, welcoming her to the table. Palpatine had a broad smile that stayed her tongue to hear his own words. "You look even more beautiful than before, my dear. I am glad to see that political power has kept you young." He touched his receding hairline. "Not so with myself, I am afraid."

He gestured for the owner to supply a drink to her, and nodded to them all. "I must say, it is very good to see you." His lips adopted a quirk. "To the survivors of Nouane." Then his tone dropped somewhat. "And to those who did not."

To those who did not, they got what they deserved and deserved neither memoriance nor anything of the living.

"
    To the survivors, and to living without limit!" she proudly intoned and brought her glance to chime against Palpatines. Waiting to see what, if anything this meeting would bring.

TAG: @TheAdmiral, @darthbernael, @Sinrebirth

9. darthbernael

Apr 15, 2019
    IC Tarkin

Tarkin let a corner of his mouth turn up at ’Aurrenna’s response. ”Good to hear.” he responded to her quietly. And then Jori arrived. He stood as she approached the table, smiling, a genuine smile upon his face. When she went to seat herself he waited until she was seated before returning to his own.

”Hello again, Jori.” the warmth in his voice evident. He didn’t need to ask how she had been in the last quarter century, they’d been together many times since then. As she took her drink Palpatine began to speak again.

Tarkin listened, holding his tongue, as the obvious politician spoke. He could hear the unspoken words, as he was sure that Palpatine desired.

"To the survivors of Nouane." Then Palpatine’s tone dropped somewhat. "And to those who did not."

He raised his glass at the toast, not even having thought about Tarsus in almost the entire time that had passed since the end of the Program. A small smile touched his face at the thought that was picked up from Aurrenna, he agreed of course, but kept it to himself.

Another smile crossed his face as he glanced at Jori before he faced their host once more. ”We’ve had discussions over the years, interacted, worked together, Palpatine. Which means you know I know you as well as you allow anyone to know you.” The smile on his face now could almost be said to be cold.

”So forgive me if I do not believe you called this gathering out of a sense of altruism or a desire to see everyone face to face again.” he sipped from his drink, letting the other feel empowered by what he thought was Tarkin’s ‘overdramatization’ of everything.

”That being said, what do you truly desire here?” he asked, bluntly.

10. TheAdmiral

Mar 28, 2004

“Sheev, you have grown into a flatterer.” Jori grinned and teased him “Age has treated us all well.” she sat in the offered seat.

Jori simply raised her own glass without saying anything. She did not know the victims that well, so it was just a courtesy from her part.

She was amused by Tarkin’s directness. It seems diplomacy was not something that rubs on someone and can’t teach it via osmosis.

Though his behavior suited her fine as in that way she did not have to beat around the bush to find anything.

“Maybe he was hoping that only us, the ladies, would have come.” she teased Tarkin “Or only a certain Princess...” her lips formed a thin smile.

TAG: @Sinrebirth @darthbernael @Mitth_Fisto @greyjedi125 @Imperial_Hammer

Sinrebirth and darthbernael like this.
  11. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Drinks

He swirled his drink absently. “I must confess to having a vested interest in seeing said Hapan princess, but she did not grace us with her beauty.”

“But as to your suggestion I called this soirée, you are sorely mistaken,” Palpatine cut his eyes across. “It was an anonymous message, sent to me, which encouraged my request. I was going to ask if any of you were behind it.”

Twenty five years was a very long time, but the shadow of suspicion and paranoia still drifted among them. It was an artful discourse.

He marshalled his pride for an ersatz dramatic departure in offence. He had, after all, done many more terrible things in the shadows of the Senate.

Sheev took a swig of his drink, finishing it, before producing a datapad to clatter across the table. His eyes hooded as he watched the reactions of the others to the words visible on the screen.

The time is now, the Reunion is upon us. Red-flamed traitor, please gather your pieces.

TAG: @darthbernael, @TheAdmiral, @Mitth_Fisto

TheAdmiral likes this.
  12. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Aurrenna Adasca
    Drinks

Well, the first setting was going splendidly. If Aurrenna wasn't dead she might of enjoyed it more. As was the first course seemed to be a serving of toasts that were all floated with innuendo that little Palpatine was now denying. Ah, so it likely meant someone not present had forced the invitations. Tarkin would of just asked outright, and as for herself. . .

"Was not I, if I had I would requested somewhere more. . .anonymous for us all to meet. Not this public venue. Most of the galaxy believes I am dead and I am all too happy to keep it that way. Tarkin would of been abrupt and loud about it, and I doubt Jori either. Someone not present who has a vested interest in us then and that point in our lives." Blushing slightly she took a sip as if to calm her nerves from such horrid memories, although to be honest it was more due to the thrill and satisfaction they gave instead.

"A disturbingly short list I think we can all agree. Now, did anyone have good security foresight beyond not attending?" She asked in a genial manner as she turned to eye the menu and take in the others around them.

TAG: @darthbernael, @TheAdmiral, @Sinrebirth

13. darthbernael

Apr 15, 2019
    IC Tarkin
    Now this is Interesting

Tarkin, for one, was not all that disappointed that Ni’Korish had not made an appearance. After all, even since the events of the Program, they had not kept in touch that much and those times that they had it was not entirely pleasant.

”I was going to ask if any of you were behind it.”

He snorted as he took a sip from his drink at that statement from Palpatine.

”Tarkin would of been abrupt and loud about it.”

A tiny smile crossed his face and he nodded at Aurrenna, ”Abrupt...yes. Loud, probably not as I can be discreet as needed.”

The time is now, the Reunion is upon us. Red-flamed traitor, please gather your pieces.

As Palpatine presented the message, Tarkin was glad that his natural facial features were neutral, almost look of distaste. He let his expression fall into that in a moment, although he did feel his eyes swirling with greys, just behind their natural color.

Setting his drink down, his free hand laid over the wrist that grasped the drink. As unobtrusively as possible his fingers pressed a couple spots on his shirt cuff, under which was his wristpad. The signal sent, he released his grasp, letting his eyes scan the others, a smile at Jori, a slight nod at Aurrenna, a narrowing of eyes at Palpatine. Neither in the café nor out in the street would any movement betray the signal sent but his people were now even more alert.

He glanced once more at Aurrenna, one eyebrow raised, ”Do you think I, of all, would come to such a gathering without precautions?”

”Red flamed traitor, hmmm, interesting term used to describe you, Sheev. And are we to be your chess pieces in a galactic game?” his voice still had the cold tone to it.

His analytical mind went to work as he glanced around once more, ”Nevermind, I see it. Political and industrial complex,” his hand waved at both Palpatine and Jori, ”Military and intelligence gathering, you have the four legs of a State in the four of us.” he finished, the wave of his hand taking in both himself and Aurrenna in the last two.

TAGS: @Sinrebirth, @TheAdmiral, @greyjedi125, @Mitth_Fisto, @Imperial_Hammer (Mentioned)

14. TheAdmiral

Mar 28, 2004

Jori smiled but remained silent at Palpatine mentioning the Hapan Princess. That was useful information that can be used sometime, after all such a connection between Naboo and Hapes could lead to interesting results.

She narrowed her eyes in suspicion when he admitted that it was not him who called this meeting. Interesting. Ever since she arrived on Nouane and after her departure from the program she felt as if there was a shadowy figure that pulled strings from behind the scenes.

Jori had no illusion that her ascension was solely her own work. Deep down, at the back of her mind she knew that this figure might show themselves and demand something in return. And she knew that she could not say No.

Then she focused on what Aurenna said. Yes, it was true, it was very public and she wondered if there were any paparazzi around. She did not want to have to explain to her husband why she was meeting with Tarkin… again.

Not that it was much of a problem, just tedious…

Jori smiled at Tarkin, that summary was very interesting. Though Jori's ambitions went beyond the Industrial Complex, that was another matter.

TAG: @Sinrebirth @darthbernael @Mitth_Fisto @greyjedi125 @Imperial_Hammer

15. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Caf, Nouane

Security concerns? I am a security concern.
    Palpatine shrugged, keeping his thoughts firmly hidden away.

Outwardly, he touched his hair. “I’ve not had red in this for many years...” Palpatine shrugged. “But I wondered if it was that Nagai, with his crimson lightsaber...”

A shrug. “I was half expecting to see him too, but here we are.”

He looked at them all. “I wouldn’t consider my school friends to be pieces on a board, but I do believe we can create a better future together. Eriadu, Kuat, Arkania, Naboo. Imagine our combined political and economic efforts, applied to reshaping the Republic into a true force for good.”

He smiled inwardly at the pun. “Whatever the intentions of the Professor, or Vy’ndall manipulations, we owe it to Tarsus Valorum. I intend to offer my support to House Valorum if it returns to the Chancellorship.”

He drained his caf. “Can we commit to improvement, not just power?” He replaced the cup on its saucer. “Ni’Korish has not dedicated to assist, but she did allow me to have her statue as a parting gift.” A quirk of a smirk. “It was a memorable visit.”

His eyes drifted up to take in Tarkin and Jori. They darted to Aurrenna. “And how are your people? I’ve heard some rumours from the Unknowns; another reason to become more organised, no?”

To usher in a Galactic Empire

TAG: @darthbernael, @Mitth_Fisto, @TheAdmiral

16. darthbernael

Apr 15, 2019
    IC Tarkin
    Nouane, Interesting indeed

Tarkin cocked his head to the side as he listened to Palpatine continue. He lifted his drink, only partially to take a sip but also to mask the small smile that touched his lips. His mind ran through those that were possible nominees that House Valorum could set forward to take the high seat once again. And each seemed the type that could either grow a spine or fold like a house of cards.

He nodded as Palpatine spoke of a renewal of the Republic. He was unsure if the system that was currently in place was one that would be able to continue to survive but those here were those that could assist whoever had the will to make the changes that would keep the galaxy welded into one polity. He raised his glass in a toast gesture, a gesture of agreement when the younger man asked whether they could commit to improving the Republic. It wasn’t fully a vote in favor but it was more than disagreeing or shooting down the proposal.

Before he answered the question put to them he noticed the exchange between Palpatine and Aurrenna. His eyes shifted to a very light grey and the corner of his mouth turned up, ”Do you know the world of Zonama Sekot?” he asked her, certain that she understood the significance of it. ”It, or events around it, may become vital to you, to your advancement, in the future.”

The presence within reached out, touching the mind under the guise she wore, ’You know who I truly am, whether this form or another I wear, you may find me there in the future, it depends upon whether you follow the tenets or not.’ the thought warned her as his eyes faded back to their normal coloration.

Glancing at Jori, replying to her rather to Palpatine, ”What think you, Kuat? How much research have you put upon the various ways to improve things? I am sure you’ve bent your mind to it, possibly including how the military, economic, and political power of Kuat and Eriadu combined could sway events and policy.” It was as close to what he would have said in private as he would ever say in public, to her.

Turning back to Palpatine, ”For myself, I will listen, will consider, but unless there is commitment I cannot commit Eriadu to this endeavor.” he told the man bluntly.

17. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Aurrenna Adasca
    Drinks

Palpatine seemed to simmer and pass the notion aside with a point against someone that was not here. Then he had moved on with a rousing few words about them reshaping the galactic government. “I wouldn’t consider my school friends to be pieces on a board, but I do believe we can create a better future together. Eriadu, Kuat, Arkania, Naboo. Imagine our combined political and economic efforts, applied to reshaping the Republic into a true force for good.” He smiled inwardly at the pun. “Whatever the intentions of the Professor, or Vy’ndall manipulations, we owe it to Tarsus Valorum. I intend to offer my support to House Valorum if it returns to the Chancellorship.”

Weak. She inwardly chided, why support the weak? Unless they are to be a pawn or a simpletons sacrifice. Palpatine continued on about another missing member of the group and she found herself wondering what had been so valuable about a statue? And what had he given up for her to relinquish it to him? For she had seemed smart enough to exact a high price for such a thing that had Palpatine's eye.

Then Palpatine looked at Aurrenna and asked the pointed question. “And how are your people? I’ve heard some rumors from the Unknowns; another reason to become more organized, no?”

Then Tarkin asked an even more pointed question. "My people are fine, if our forbearers left some other group to stumble out of the unknown I have not heard of it yet." She said with a concerned frown as she swirled her drink before sipping it. "I suppose I shall have to look into such a thing Tarkin. As for this, commitment you ask Palpatine, I am no longer a leader of my world nor my house and am a daughter thought dead. What could I possibly bring beyond veiled notes about the homelands?"

TAG: @darthbernael, @Sinrebirth , @TheAdmiral

18. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: Senator Palpatine
    41 BBY, Caf, Nouane

"Even memories from Arkania are useful, my dear. It's biotechnologies are valuable, after all. It is not all economics and militaries and politics." Palpatine mused. "You can turn a soul with genetic trickery as much with credits and influence." His eyes flared. "Imagine having immortal life on the bottle, for example. That would have many clamouring for what you are offering."

With a shrug, he sipped. "How can one expect commitment when what we have is not yet here. The crisis will come, and we shall have to choose where we stand and fall." Palpatine knew very well that there were dark days ahead. The Battle of Galidraan had been recently enough, and the Great Clan Wars now raged on Mandalore; Xanatos had fallen to the dark side and caused personal grief for Qui-Gon Jinn and Obi-Wan Kenobi; the Katana Fleet had been removed from the stage to weaken the Republic Militarists for a time... and of course he and his Master had recently pushed the Force to its darkest imbalance...

... and created...

Life.

This was pantomime, merely keeping tabs on his many plans.

He glanced from Aurrenna to Tarkin to Jori.

He finished his cup and checked his chrono. "I think we have reached the end of our discussion, I would say."

"I do have business to attend to, and you all have responsibilities, of no doubt." Palpatine stood, smiling at them all.

"Until our next reunion, my friends, twenty-five years from now?" A mischievous glint would touch his eyes.

That would be, in the calendar of the future, 16 BBY - three years after Palpatine rose up as Emperor.

They would each find their place in the Dark Times to come.

But that meeting would never happen.

Well.

It could be said that all of the members of the Last Class of the Professor would become key to the future...

... but not this future.

Vy'ndall had isolated himself from the others; his Legacy of Anguish would continue into the future, to the End of Time...

... but Aurrenna, Tarkin and the Atreus Family, they would have many roles to fulfil.

They had, after all, survived Master's Test...

... and he had found a candidate for the Seventh Darkness.

The Dark Man was on his path.

Their contributions would enable the Master of Masters to imbalance the Force so much... the Father of Mortis, the God of Balance...

Would die.

And then.

The next time there was a Change...

... it would mean that Twilight would at last prevail...

... and along would come the End of Time.

The sun set on the old City.

[​IMG]

A Black-Coat stood above them all, peering down at them through his cupped hands.

"May the Force be with you."

A blessing...

... and a curse.

He turned aside, and he focused his Gazing Eye.

In his hand, he held a Holocron of Prophecy.

A Pyramid of Black.

Would he need to write another?

The End

19. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Thank you to the original class of @darthbernael, @Mitth_Fisto, @greyjedi125 and @The Vanguard, for supplying the unique and all equally manipulative Tarkin, Aurenna, Vy'ndall and Roan Lath. Sublime fun.

And great thanks to @Imperial_Hammer and @TheAdmiral for joining the second half of the game, and engaging with one helluva a twisting ride.

Special thanks to @Jerjerrod-Lennox for allowing me to borrow the face of Vydra for the Professor.

You were all sublime and brilliant fun, and created some amazing moments.

Well done, my friends - and thank you.

20. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004