main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V The Mandalorian (Jon Favreau SW Live Action show) - Now featuring former Man in DeLorean

Discussion in 'Literature' started by AdmiralNick22 , Nov 9, 2017.

1. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Well unless Lucasfilm wants to be 100% transparent with everything this is the era of leaks and rumors and it's not changing that's for sure.

Hence why we do have a spoiler thread somewhere around here.

2. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2017
    Honestly, in the Disney era, you had the two Bad Robot productions which were leakier than the Titanic, and... everything else, about which hardly anything solid really emerged before test screenings. Mando has been really leak-free. I can only think of one and a half instances of anything noteworthy or definitive surfacing before episodes aired, and those were both just a day or two before.

Nobody's got good sources of LFL leaks. Some people seem to know people who are aware of stuff in development, but there seems to be so much stuff under consideration that that's not even meaningful. I mean, at some point there were probably discussions of Ben Quadinaros show (which is honestly not that much less likely than the Darth Bane series rumor that actually has a thread around here somewhere). When Lando was announced it was easy for people to say "um, yeah, that's what I meant when I said Solo sequel series confirmed" but really... Jedi Ben is right, they're all bogus at this point.

3. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Eh....I'll just continue what i'm doing to be honest, I'm getting joy from it and that's all that matters ;)

Also unpopular opinion but I'm honestly okay with the fact Mando and "The Filoniverse" doesn't seem to be getting any other Media outside of its TV Show to be quite honest.

I don't think it needs it

A move can because a movie is ONE STORY telling ONE STORY and most of the time they are big event moments so you can't tell little stories.

TV SERIES like Mando on the other hand are smaller scale by nature and are longer form of storytelling so I don't see why it needs spin-off book or two...I mean a visual dictionary would be nice, but honestly in terms of it not getting a spin off book or something...I don't think it's needed.

Quite frankly I think they should just keep the immediate post Endor Era to TV like they are doing with High Republic and books.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2021
    Sarge likes this.
  4. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    Adam Christopher’s got a Mandalorian tie-in novel due out for fall.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  5. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Oh I know that and I'm excited....But I'm just saying in terms of them doing more of those I'm okay that the Mandalorian seems to be very...Lacking in tie-in material compared to say me wanting more Sequel Trilogy Era Tie-In Material because i think ST Era needs it more then the Mandalorian or "Filoniverse" stuff.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2021
  6. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Saw this video about Stormtroopers on the Mandalorian. Now I posted it a week ago in the TV section but for those who don't go on there, you might not have seen it. Love your thoughts on it

7. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
    Shrug. More YouTube whining. Not like we need more of that.

8. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Besides, Imperial Stormtroopers have been ruined since 1977.

9. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    Sometimes I wonder how the Star Wars youtube community became such a cesspool echochamber of bashing the regime behind modern Star Wars. If you don't like it, talking about it incessantly isn't going to make it go away.

son_of_skywalker03 likes this.
  10. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Remember when Lucas had one bonk their head on the door....Shamful! SHAMFUL I SAY ;)

When it become profitable that's when.

son_of_skywalker03 and Sarge like this.
  11. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012

My guess is that a certain firing killed the book [face_thinking]

Last edited: Mar 9, 2021
  12. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Thats my bet

@SyndicThrass
    This post aged well ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2021
  13. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Well that’s a bother.

Dream-Thinker likes this.
  14. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    He does actually bring that point up in the video

15. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Similar statement has come out for the Visual Guide.

16. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Is that the same youtuber i think it is, if it then yeah just whining and being a toxic fandom menacer.

17. Senpezeco

Senpezeco Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2014
    A 24-minute video? Titled "How Disney RUINED Stormtroopers"? You really think SW fans on a text-based SW fan board are gonna sit through that? :p Lol c'mon, you're doing worse at knowing your audience than Disney is, in any case. Just use your own words instead of dragging someone else's long-winded bile-puke in here. I know you can make your own arguments and I'd rather hear from you than from Reactionary YouTuber #1561048.

18. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I enjoy a good podcast to listen to too and may post a lore video or two if I feel they have something interesting but even I'm not gonna post 20 minutes of this.

Although sometimes I'll find a good video essay to post on here but it has to be something that's just way above my pay grade to explain

19. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Hmm? What are you alluding to here?

Jid123Sheeve likes this.
  20. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I mean that is one high possibility

The other is that maybe this was a Mando Prequel about Din pre the show but Jon has changed things up while writing the series that it not longer matches what the book was saying?

Not sure if this is just because of firing ...I mean I would not be surprised if it was...But it's possible.

21. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Reason I'm asking is that I don't think we got any confirmed info about this book.

22. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    Well, you got your wish, they killed all the Mando tie-ins.

AusStig likes this.
  23. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

True always weird we didn't get anything about this book...So that kinda makes me wonder if it was a book about "You know who" and not Din.

Although again they cancelled the Visual Dictionary too so....It makes me wonder.

I didn't mind if they had Tie-In's i just didn't feel like the show needs them as much as Movies.

24. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
    The "at this time" suggests maybe not outright cancelled, but pushed back like the original report suggested.

But I could certainly see new developments in writing/planning this larger "Mandoverse" having an impact. Especially since it's all supposed to be canon now; bringing out these books while series are still being written on the fly is more of an issue now than it was when an inconsistency could just be bumped down a tier.

Riv_Shiel likes this.
  25. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I mean look what happened with the movies and so much of it was vague that only when we got to TROS that things got bad with the Poe thing.

I mean sure having "Goal Signs" to make sure to know where the books shouldn't overstep is one thing...But if a Episode 9 situation happens where they lose a director and it all has to start from scratch and there is no time then...Maybe having Tie-In books that lead no where isn't always the best thing.