main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph The Multi-Fiction Draft

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthIntegral, Jul 24, 2020.

1. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    I'd counter with things like "crushes food like Baby Yoda" and "effortlessly kicks ass with a goddamn broom" but Cowboy Bebop is something the judges may have already seen and enjoyed vs. skipped on the reading list of their high school sophomore lit class.

Also what's with the Boethius obsession? It's like someone Freaky Friday'ed Jello into Augustus Gloop.

Whereas Spike is disarmingly cool but dangerous, like if tom got Freaky Friday'ed into Neo from the Matrix.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2020
    a star war and tom like this.
  2. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    @tom

just adding to your argument here

tom likes this.
  3. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Lando vs. Captain America

Lando has no prep and no special skills that can defeat Cap. Cap has fought talkers, he's fought people with space guns. In the end, the two might bond over some drinks but even there, Cap can outdrink him because of the serum (in the First Avenger it was revealed he can't get drunk when he tries).

So yeah, Cap wins.

GLaDOS vs. Darkwing Duck

Okay, I'm getting tired of the lack of respect DW is getting. So here's a respect thread:

We're talking about a guy surviving getting electrocuted, frozen, zapped, molecules rearranged, crushed, etc.
    So GLaDOS can reconfigure rooms? DW has survived worse. How exactly does GLaDOS win?

And DW has dealt with tech before. His friend/rival ally Gizmoduck and he worked together multiple times. Not to mention some of his foes.

Perry the Platypus vs. Oliver Queen and Felicity Smoak

So Perry is an undercover secret government agent...

Where have I seen that before? Oliver is used to literally all of it and has Felicity as backup.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2020
  4. a star war

a star war Force Ghost star 5

May 4, 2016
    Then it is their sworn duty to go out and read it immediately, otherwise this is a kangaroo court.

5. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
  6. a star war

May 4, 2016
    But not before reading the book.

7. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I’m not getting paid to read novels!

I’ll judge when I wake up tomorrow.

LloydChristmas and heels1785 like this.
  8. a star war

May 4, 2016
    You're not getting paid for anything

Yodaminch likes this.
  9. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    [​IMG]

10. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    uh yeah... that’s right!

*pushes the suitcase full of pennies, expired CVS coupons and Sears gift cards under Jordan’s door and walks away... [face_whistling]

Last edited: Dec 8, 2020
    Jordan1Kenobi likes this.
  11. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    Alright, let's see what we have here...
    I really don't like voting one sided, but it was hard not to in these match ups.
    And yes that looks dodgy after Minch just admitted to paying me off...

Magnum PI
    vs. Zack Morris (forfeit)
    Cameron TRUMPED with River Tam vs. Jessica Fletcher
    Kermit the Frog (PREPARED) vs. James Bond w/PREP CONSULTATION FROM Alpha One

Lando Calrissian vs. Captain America
    GLaDOS vs. Darkwing Duck
    Perry the Platypus vs. Oliver Queen and Felicity Smoak

Genos vs. Drunk Superman
    Roland of Gilead vs. Scooby-Doo and Bill Nye (Prepared)
    Ignatius J Reilly vs. Spike Spiegel

@cubman987

LloydChristmas likes this.
  12. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    [​IMG]

Juliet316 and tom like this.
  13. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    It's hard being a judge when the person you're judging is currently judging you in another draft!

14. a star war

May 4, 2016
    It's hard being a participant when nothing you say matters and no one likes you and everything is bad.

dp4m likes this.
  15. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    Naw don't say that. You've made it to the top 4 because you have a great team.

16. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    You know what, I'm going to mix it up and vote for the opposites in all of these, including for Zack Morris who would never forfeit. @DarthIntegral it's all up to you now!

Jordan1Kenobi likes this.
  17. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    Inty, write all the guys on the left on a sheet of paper, all the of the guys on the right on another

Tape each to a twin and have them compete in a game of skill

Or better yet just read down the list and ask their thoughts. Remind them that Ignatius J BoringBook hates dinosaurs.

18. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Magnum over Zack, who absolutely would forfeit everything
    Tameron over Jessica

Kermit vs. Bond

Here's the thing. Kermit the Frog is a master of disguises. Bond might be getting prepared by *checks notes* someone I don't care about. But it's nigh impossible to prepare for the kind of versatility Kermit has in his disguises. For this, let's just say he shows up as a reporter:

[​IMG]

He tells the unsuspecting Bond that he's here to cover the match between Kermit the Frog and James Bond, and asks for an interview. Bond obliges, wanting to help out the Hawkins Middle School Newspaper Club. As the interview wraps up, Kermit-in-Disguise mentions that it looks like Kermit isn't going to show up, and Mr. Bond must have won by default. Bond shakes his head in agreement, and leaves, forfeiting the match. His ears perk up slightly as he hears Kermit joyfully singing "Rainbow Connection", but it's too late to do anything about it, so he just hum along.

Your winner: Kermit

Captain America
    over Lando, unless it's a game of Sabaac and/or poker, which it's not.
    Darkwing Duck over GLaDOS
    Perry the Platypus over Olismoak

Superdrunk
    Scoob-Nye the Science Guys
    Ignatius J. Reilly,
    because both of the twins said "book" when I asked them who should win this one.

Jordan1Kenobi, LloydChristmas and tom like this.
  19. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    [​IMG]

tom likes this.
  20. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Numbers Called: 5, 4, 9, 3
    Location: Joyce Byers' House; Hawkins, Indiana (Stranger Things)

[​IMG] [​IMG]

The Rainbow Connection vs. Team, No Really, this time heels is going to win

@tom 4 - 2 @heels1785

Star-burns vs. Yi
    Tina Belcher vs. Fylock
    Mayor McCheese vs. Fezzik
    Hi and Ed McDunnough vs. Selena (PREPARED)

Renegades, Rogues, and Tricksters vs. Singing Lazers to the Face

@mnjedi 4 - 2 @Yodaminch

Joker w/PREP CONSULTATION FROM Shawn Spicer and Burt the Billowy Bear vs. Batman w/PREP CONSULTATION FROM Sherlock Holmes
    Marceline vs. Maria Von Trapp TRUMPED with Greef Karga
    Bill Cypher (PREPARED) vs. Lara Croft
    Drax TRUMPED with Puss n Boots vs. Admiral Bill Adama

Thunder Gun Express vs. I'll Be Shaq

@a star war 1 - 5 @LloydChristmas

Ja-Yoon vs. X-23 TRUMPED with Maggie Simpson
    Kris Statlander TRUMPED with The Doctor vs. Sailor Neptune
    Battle Angel Alita w/PREP CONSULTATION FROM Winston vs. R2-D2
    Constantine (Prepared) vs. Walter White w/PREP CONSULTATION FROM Eleven

21. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    Marceline v Maria should be a sing off. And then Greef shoots her.
    Batman v Joker. Doesn’t get better than that.
    I’m curious what Bill can throw at Lara that she wouldn’t already encounter in a video game/death trap/puzzle solving setting.

I think Adama should have a drinking contest with Drax and Puss in Boots.

22. mnjedi

mnjedi JCC Arena Game Host star 5 VIP - Game Host

Nov 4, 2012
    Does there need to be a “Not the murder clown” disclaimer up every round or something? :p.

Anyways, it’s a fun matchup. I think this is the location, a crazy puzzle house with portals to different dimensions, that Joker finally gets to break out his persona, and listen, when he has his magic his track record is exceedingly impressive. Obviously Bats is Bats, but he’s not going to win this one easy.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2020
    DarthIntegral and Yodaminch like this.
  23. LloydChristmas

Sep 3, 2012
    Inty simming my numbers to trump Eleven in the Byers House round is like trumping Luke Skywalker with someone in the Jedi Draft

And I deserve it

dp4m likes this.
  24. a star war

May 4, 2016
    I guess you gotta decide which is better: some claws or telekinesis and super strength.

The Doctor is going to be more interested in the mystery of the blinking lights. Neptune is going to be more interested in the dark presence she senses. A team up is likely. A plan by the Dr to save Will and destroy the demogorgon. Therefore, the Doctor and Kris will be victorious.

Walter doesn't know what real danger is.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2020
  25. LloydChristmas

Sep 3, 2012
    Why is this your team theme

Jordan1Kenobi and DarthIntegral like this.