main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mini Series The Music of The Book of Boba Fett

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by ewoksimon, Dec 29, 2021.

1. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    Simply basking, bathing, luxuriating in the main theme and all its variations on the soundtrack. It may very well be my favorite theme since "Duel of the Fates."

Grey Matter and Bor Mullet like this.
  2. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I’d go further and say it was wicked ****in pissah, kid. ;)

3. ewoksimon

Oct 26, 2009
    Also just wanna say that while the speeder chase from Chapter 3 has a long list of critiques, the score isn't one of them.

4. Ghost Ryder

Ghost Ryder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2016
    I didn't think there would be a multi-volume release (which adds to the anticipation for the next three episodes). I'm loving all the vocals, and everything from the Tusken scenes is great. The first few minutes of "You Fly, I'll Shoot" remind me of "Activated" (from The Rescue).

5. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    I don't know if it has been updated recently, but here is a nice playlist:

my kind of scum likes this.
  6. Logray'sBirdHat

Logray'sBirdHat Jedi Padawan star 2

Jan 12, 2022
    That's a Thundercat.

[​IMG][​IMG]

And 'bloke's not a word. :yoda:

Ans hip-hop sucks. :p

*Buries himself in some OT-era still-functional Crait cave-base* :)

Last edited: Jan 21, 2022
  7. VexedAtVohai

VexedAtVohai Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 4, 2020
    Really liked 'Aliit Ori'shya Tal'din', despite not liking the decision to kill off the Tuskens. I think we're very likely to get more Mando'a being sung in future. It would be a bit random for it to only appear in that one scene, especially considering what's been teased for next episode.

(Mando'a starts at ~3:45)

Last edited: Jan 21, 2022
    MercenaryAce likes this.
  8. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    Going to be blunt, nothing has been all that compelling so far, especially compared to Ludwig's score for Mando. The main theme is fun and all, but when you have a recognizable motif this good

you really should use it a lot in your series.

The title theme to Book of Boba sounds like if Pentatonix did the Mandalorian theme.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2022
  9. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    The soundtrack is growing on me.
    Watching the series, the music didn't really do much for me, but listening to the soundtrack on it's own, I'm loving it.

10. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    That’s a theme for vicious unstoppable killer Boba, and has been used in BOBF during appropriately vicious unstoppable killer moments. But the new theme works much better for the story they’re telling. That’s what’s so good about Ludwig and his protege here. They don’t just recycle stuff because of nostalgia or coolness or whatever. They really consider what’s happening in the story and adapt to that.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2022
  11. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Well didn't take long but the soundtrack is now showing up on Pandora, so now I can HUM DA DA HUM DUM while I work.

12. VexedAtVohai

VexedAtVohai Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 4, 2020
    Apparently the intended translation of "burcyan kando darasuum" is "friends are of eternal importance".

Bor Mullet likes this.
  13. Logray'sBirdHat

Jan 12, 2022
    Boba theme mishmashed with some Skrillex for Ep5. Calling it now!

14. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    The Mods are in town!

15. Logray'sBirdHat

Jan 12, 2022
    *Projectile vomits*

I mean eww.

Rad bikes, though.

DannyD likes this.
  16. ewoksimon

Oct 26, 2009
    Yeah, this soundtrack is easily my favorite of any series to date. Yes, the score for The Mandalorian is more diverse and adventurous is some respects, but my preference for the main theme of Boba really tilts my bias. Hearing it develop in various instrumentations, especially for the flashback sequences really adds to the arc of Fett's journey. And while, like the series itself, the present day music isn't quite as robust, there are still a handful of memorable cues.

Can't wait to hear what's next.

whostheBossk likes this.
  17. Jediking97

Jediking97 Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 24, 2018
    The main theme reminds me of Vide An from Republic Commando

18. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    anyone else pick up on the hint that Ahsoka was going to be in this episode, before we actually see her?

episode timestamp 6:30ish

Last edited: Feb 2, 2022
  19. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    I missed it (but to be honest the thing you're talking about was so surprising I wasn't even looking for it), was the theme there?!

whostheBossk likes this.
  20. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    Very fascinating musical anecdote, both Mando S2 and now Book of Boba have now ended with Chamber Music compositions, Mando S2 with a Chamber version of the Mandalorian theme, and Book of Boba ends with a chamber version of Boba's "Capture the Flag" theme

21. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Me after the final episode for the next two days:
    Fett Boba Boba Fett, ....Fett, Fett, .... Fett Boba Boba Fett, Boba Boba Fett, ....Fett, Fett,.....Fett Boba Boba Fett, ....Fett, Fett, .... Fett Boba Boba Fett, Boba Boba Fett, ....Fett, Fett,.....Fett Boba Boba Fett, ....Fett, Fett, .... Fett Boba Boba Fett, Boba Boba Fett, ....Fett, Fett,.....Fett Boba Boba Fett, ....Fett, Fett, .... Fett Boba Boba Fett, Boba Boba Fett, ....Fett, Fett,.....Fett Boba Boba Fett, ....Fett, Fett, .... Fett Boba Boba Fett, Boba Boba Fett, ....Fett, Fett,.....Fett Boba Boba Fett, ....Fett, Fett, .... Fett Boba Boba Fett, Boba Boba Fett, ....Fett, Fett,.....Fett Boba Boba Fett, ....Fett, Fett, .... Fett Boba Boba Fett, Boba Boba Fett, ....Fett, Fett,.....Fett Boba Boba Fett, ....Fett, Fett, .... Fett Boba Boba Fett, Boba Boba Fett, ....Fett, Fett,.....Fett Boba Boba Fett, ....Fett, Fett, .... Fett Boba Boba Fett, Boba Boba Fett, ....Fett, Fett,.....Fett Boba Boba Fett, ....Fett, Fett, .... Fett Boba Boba Fett, Boba Boba Fett, ....Fett, Fett,.....Fett Boba Boba Fett, ....Fett, Fett, .... Fett Boba Boba Fett, Boba Boba Fett, ....Fett, Fett,.....Fett Boba Boba Fett, ....Fett, Fett, .... Fett Boba Boba Fett, Boba Boba Fett, ....Fett, Fett,.....Fett Boba Boba Fett, ....Fett, Fett, .... Fett Boba Boba Fett, Boba Boba Fett, ....Fett, Fett,.....Fett Boba Boba Fett, ....Fett, Fett, .... Fett Boba Boba Fett, Boba Boba Fett, ....Fett, Fett,.....

22. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I thought them singing his name was beyond silly. I didn't mind it, but it was silly.

Theo333, Bor Mullet, Sarge and 2 others like this.
  23. ewoksimon

Oct 26, 2009
    Counter argument: It ruled.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2022
  24. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Now I want to hear a medley of that song along with Baby Shark.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  25. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Wish I could make this song my alarm clock

whostheBossk likes this.