main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

THE NEW AND IMPROVED SUPER-DUPER COSTUME AND PROPS THREAD !

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by darth_hair, Jun 9, 2003.

1. thejackal327

thejackal327 Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 19, 2013
    I'm starting to seriously consider taking the costuming plunge. I think I'd like to do a Hoth Leia costume. Does anyone on this thread have any experience with this outfit? Any words of advice/warning? Thanks!

AuttyBot likes this.
  2. Nerfherders

Nerfherders RMFF Treasurer star 4

Apr 26, 2002
  3. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008

Stay on target!

AuttyBot and nnaydolem like this.
  4. AuttyBot

AuttyBot RMFF Secretarian star 1

Jul 21, 2014
    Great choice! I can't offer any advice, so hopefully someone can offer something. My only suggestion is to start gathering images and break it down. You might also find guidance on the Rebel Legion forums. ? I think you would rock this look! thejackal327

he-guy, nnaydolem and thejackal327 like this.
  5. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    I am ALMOST done with my Trooper Leia costume, IDK if i will get the poncho done, but I'll have everything else finished. :D

Taeriel, AuttyBot, Sarnia and 2 others like this.
  6. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    OK just need to sew hook & eye and paint the watch, sew velcro on a belt and it's DONE DONE DONE DONE

7. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    OK just need to sew hook & eye and paint the watch, sew velcro on a belt and it's DONE DONE DONE DONE

8. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    I'm confused, nnay. I thought you already had a Trooper Leia? Did you make a new version?

9. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    yes...the pants were too big though. i got everything but the poncho completed.

Here are a few pix...http://s2.photobucket.com/user/nnaydolem/library/Trooper Leia Costume

10. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Nice!

nnaydolem likes this.
  11. ladyblues

ladyblues Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 18, 2013
    KYLO REN

If anyone knows someone making high quality, fairly screen accurate Kylo Ren costume pieces (the TUNICS, over tunic/coat, belt, buckle, saber, MASK), I would very much like to link up with them. Please PM me if you know anyone!

I've been researching the Kylo costume since Celebration and know what it takes to make most pieces to the screen accuracy I'm looking for, but also know I do not have the skills or equipment to do this. I do have the skills and equipment to make money elsewhere and pay the pros who have these things. I'm hoping to find people either already making these pieces or wanting to do so with the skills, time, and willingness to accept money required of this task. :) I'm also down with hunting for materials and also research through RPF, etc, if someone wants to collaborate.

If you're concerned about a female costuming as Kylo Ren, I will note that I plan to pad the costume lightly and discreetly to carry a shape closer to Adam Driver's. As for height, I can't do much about that, but will look for boots with a lift. I will try to get electronics to play sound clips, as is done with Vader.

I think I've located decent sources for the saber and belt buckle, though open to other references and would rather go with someone we know. I'm feeling okay about sourcing gloves and boots at this stage, unless someone just knows the perfect solution for these as well.

Message me if you happen to know anyone or you yourself want to do any of this! :)

AuttyBot and he-guy like this.
  12. ladyblues

Apr 18, 2013
    I know it's a long shot, but I figure it doesn't hurt to ask!

AuttyBot likes this.
  13. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    Hello girls! Jeff has 3D printed the Kylo belt buckle and is getting is water jet cut and going to see how it looks and maybe offer then powder coated. Need to get with our leather girl cyodarun and see what works best with leather. So that parts being worked on by local peeps. I wouldn't mind doing a Kylo and have someone interested in it right now, so it could be a thing but the fabric. I can't figure it out, can't find it and don't have time to get samples, etc.
    I'm working on the TFA pilot material and my hair is falling out, I don't want to buy 2,000 yards just so I can get the right color :p

thejackal327 if you're serious I know a couple of people that have done that costume in the past and can get you in touch with them. I know Jeff does some of the rank badges or can. I can't say that is one I want to take on right now like AuttyBot there is so much research that goes on to make it perfect or 'passable' etc.
    There was a girl at Hauntings that I was like blah, blah, blah Rebel Leigion and RMFF, blah, blah, blah and she said she was in the RMFF and was at the meeting we had at Crushed Red in Orchard Plaza. I remember where they were sitting over by Tom but I never got over there to say hi to anyone, but any way, long story short; she was wearing a great looking Hoth Leia. You could talk to her too.

14. ladyblues

Apr 18, 2013
    I will PM you. I think I have the fabric to answer. I will catch up my research on what's come out new or available this month and inventory on the ones I found, then shoot you a message.

15. pagil m'gar

pagil m'gar Jedi Master

Oct 9, 2014
    Got shipping information for my ANOVOS TK kit

16. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    Whoa, as in its on its way?

17. Sarnia

Sarnia WOTR Liaison star 5

Jun 1, 2004
    I am trying to get my costuming motivation back!

18. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    I've been working on the Battlefront Desert Rebel Trooper. I wrote the costume standards at the Rebel Legion, and so far, it looks like they will stick. Today, I paid for the helmet, which is my first major purchase for the costume.

http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=66750

Let the games begin!

AuttyBot likes this.
  19. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    Great job Bill! I play as that trooper almost 50% of the time I'm playing Battlefront, so I'll be excited to see it in person.

Also, do you know if any group is making a costume of 000 the sadistic protocol droid from the Vader comic? I think he's cool.

20. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000

I have never heard of it... no idea. But a droid wouldn't fall under the 501st or the RL. Both groups have refused to let droids as costumes (R2 units, etc.) The R2 bouilders group might know, or the RPF might have something on it.

Sorry, I wish I had more for ya.

21. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    Good to know, I figured RL would atleast claim Threepio.

22. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008

Probably only if he was in pieces and strapped to Chewie's back...

23. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    I stand corrected. Forgot about goldenrod:

http://www.rebellegion.com/see-threepio-classic-trilogy/

24. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    Working on a non-Star Wars costume...redoing my Hogwarts robe out of real wool this time, putting pockets in and everything. My house cardigan just came in today...I am ecstatic. [face_love]

AuttyBot likes this.
  25. thejackal327

thejackal327 Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 19, 2013