main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub The Official Darth Maul Fan Club

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Evil Incarnate, Sep 10, 2003.

1. Sudooku

Sudooku Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2014
    When Palpatine stood in the end of TPM next to the funeral pyre of Qui-Gon I thought to myself after the second time watching TPM when I was aware that Palpatine was Sidious if he ever thought of Darth Maul in that moment, when Qui-Gon's body burned right before his eyes. And when TPM ended with that music played at the victory-ceremony at Theed I wondered If Darth Maul ever heard music just for amusement and not just to study species.

2. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    They shouldve left or added the extended fight scene, it always looked cut edited even back in 1999:

3. Saga Explorer

Saga Explorer Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 14, 2015
    I'm not sure if the scene does need the battle on the boarding ramp or not .
    Either way this duel is epic and underrated .(It's short but cool)

L110 and Erkan12 like this.
  4. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    The fight scenes were longer. I like how Maul blocks Kenobi's punch in this cut scene:

[​IMG]

*I think Maul kicked Kenobi to the face 3 times in the Theed duel,lol.

Darth_Dreadwar and Saga Explorer like this.
  5. Sudooku

May 31, 2014
    I think also that in the duel on Tatooine they did cut a lot. Like in whole TPM. The duel was over so soon. Suddenly Qui-Gon was on the ramp and it looked like Maul letting him escape. I also think Dooku had more moments in the scripts as he had finally in AOTC or in ROTS. Anyway, the events in the PT were so dense and intensive - nearly chasing each other that, not having seen star wars before except the Lego-films, I did hardly catch the red trail leading through the PT.
    -
    No wonder I missed Palpatine to be Sidious until the final of ROTS. There was one big chance, while the camera rested to long on Palpatine's face at the funeral-pyre while Mace Windu asked, "Who was killed? The apprentice or the master?" But at that moment I was still emotionally so busy with mourning the loss of Darth Maul. Thus that tiny detail just slipped off my attention while seeing TPM for the first time.

Maybe that was the "Dang"-effect, Sidious wanted by presenting Darth Maul to the public. Everybody in the galaxy was obsessed with that mystic exotic looking Sith while not seeing the modest and decent human behind him.

I asked my husband just until I was watching ROTS, when Darth Maul will finally come back. And he said: "No, he won't." My little son asked even during the OT, ANH, "When comes Maul again?" So that are clear indicators that Darth Maul weren't given enough screen time. Not to say that they also cut important TCW-episodes of his.

Vorax likes this.
  6. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Yea, the theatrical scene makes it like he landed for no real reason on his feet. The extended sequence I like and its important I think, showing how relentless Maul is and taking the attack to the ship, not giving any quarter to Jinn.

lord_sidious_ and Saga Explorer like this.
  7. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I think it's intresting because at the moment Maul has gotten his Revenge against Kenobi by killing Satine so all his focus should be on Sidious.

Erkan12, Sudooku and Saga Explorer like this.
  8. Sudooku

May 31, 2014
    Well, Maul will teach Vader how to throw a Sith-Lord into a shaft. I guess that is just another secret that Sidious is not teaching Vader. :p

darskpine10 likes this.
  9. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

No Obi Wan must have taught that to Anakin.

10. Sudooku

May 31, 2014
    Today I saw "Revival" again. And there is that introduction-speech underlayed with pictures where is shown how Savage is stubbing a Twi'lek-Jedi to death. But this scene is nowhere to be seen before "Revival". But actually all the pictures of that TCW-intros before the actual episode starts, are from previous episodes and not something completely new. My son was unnerving me if we really have all Maul-Savage episodes because of this ominous intro.

Can it be, that they have cut already much material between "Brothers" and "Revival", we don't know yet?

E. L.Knight likes this.
  11. Saga Explorer

Saga Explorer Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 14, 2015
    It was just used as material in the narration like for example more obscurely young Ahsoka Tano with Plo Koon in the Gathering .

E. L.Knight and Sudooku like this.
  12. E. L.Knight

E. L.Knight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2012
    It would be interesting if there were more material out there they didn't release. A lot of stuff like that ends up on the cutting room floor, as they say, so who knows. Might get us a special features thing of deleted scenes and story pieces down the road.

Erkan12 likes this.
  13. Sudooku

May 31, 2014
    Did somebody noticed that?
    [​IMG]
    This is for all of you who watched TPM and read SoD as well. And for those who ever are willing to do yet.

14. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    Nice catch. Sons of Dathomir was great reading.

Darkslayer, Vorax and Erkan12 like this.
  15. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    If only it had been animated :(

Erkan12 likes this.
  16. Erkan12

Erkan12 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    This is from Fact Files 061 (2015)

[​IMG]

I like how they noticed Darth Maul's intelligence.

Darth_Dreadwar likes this.
  17. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Dearth Maul sorta appears in
    Shattered Empire 3 when Leia feels a dark presence on Naboo! [\spoiler]

18. Sudooku

May 31, 2014
    And she is not sitting in Palpys old apartment?

19. Erkan12

Erkan12 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    [​IMG]

One of the best moments from Tales 09 and Son of Dathomir 03...

20. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    We might find out more about Maul in two weeks with the episode blood sisters when Sabine goes to mandalore!

Erkan12 likes this.
  21. Darth Nave

Darth Nave Jedi Master star 4

Dec 27, 2015
    Darth Maul's fate has been left open, since there has yet to be a follow-up to Son of Dathomir. Do you think we will see him again sometime soon, and if so when and where will he appear, and what sort of closure would you like to see to his story?

22. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    I'm going to merge this with the SWC Darth Maul Fanclub. You may get more interest/discussion going there.

23. Darth Nave

Darth Nave Jedi Master star 4

Dec 27, 2015
    OK, thanks!

24. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I cannot wait to see Maul return in Rebels. Honestly, that's one of the only reasons why I'm watching this season.

Vorax and Darth Dreadwar like this.
  25. Mace Windu is GOAT

Mace Windu is GOAT Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 13, 2016
    Can I join this?