main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A&A The Official Drew Karpyshyn Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Mastadge, Sep 6, 2004.

1. Cobranaconda

Cobranaconda Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 3, 2004
    Bought Mass Effect: Revelation the other day. It's currently sitting on my "to be read very soon" pile :p

2. Son_Of_Skywalker15

Son_Of_Skywalker15 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 7, 2006
    I loved Path Of Destruction, can't wait for Rule Of Two, and am currently playing through and loving Mass Effect. Just for a little shameful advertising, EU Cantina.netinterviewed Drew this past summer; that can be found here.

EUCast is also working on getting a live show with Drew, so look out for that!

3. DrewK

DrewK Author: -Darth Bane novels -SWTOR: Revan VIP

Oct 11, 2006
    Hey, there folks. Just popping in for - you guessed it - a little shameless self-promotion.

Only two weeks now until Rule of Two comes out, and I've posted a new blog talking about it. I also talk about it a bit on my personal website.

I also want to say thanks to all those of you who've posted about enjoying my books - both Path of Destruction and Mass Effect: Revelation. And those of you who didn't like it and posted - well, at least you took the time to read it. (And maybe even paid for it - cha-ching!)

Embrace the dark side.
    Drew

4. DVader316

DVader316 Jedi Knight star 7

Feb 18, 2000
    Definitely looking forward to Rule of Two. I really enjoyed the first Bane book.

5. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999

Yay! Loved the first book. The game was the best I ever played. Looking forward to more adventures of Shepard & crew. Really gotta throw Joker in there, too!

6. wild_karrde

Oct 8, 1999
    Hey Drew, just wanted to point you towards the ME thread here in case you wanted to stop by ...

7. wild_karrde

Oct 8, 1999
    Just finished Rule of Two this morning. Even better than PoD!

8. DVader316

Feb 18, 2000
    Oh, yea, great read. I just wish that it was a little longer.

Looking forward to the inevitable sequel, too.

9. Cobranaconda

Mar 3, 2004
    Both Revelation and Rule of Two were awesome, and now I can't wait for more Bane/Zannah awesomeness :p

10. DrewK

DrewK Author: -Darth Bane novels -SWTOR: Revan VIP

Oct 11, 2006
    Hey, everyone - just dropping by to say hi. (And do a little more shameless self-promotion.)

Rule of Two just tagged it's second week on the NY Times Bestseller list. So, THANK YOU to anyone who bought the book. And thanks for all your comments.

Also, I've posted a new blog entry talking in detail about fan reaction to the novel, and my thoughts on your... uh... thoughts.

Drew's SW Blog

Might be an interesting read for some of you.

Drew
    www.drewkarpyshyn.com - All Drew, all the time!

11. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Squee! <fangirl mode> Drew! [face_dancing] I seriously loved Darth Bane: PoD and I've told people that I rate it an 11 on a scale of 1-10 :D I just finished RoT and I also loved it. I'm looking forward to book 3. [face_batting]

Are you going to be on any convention circuits? Can we see you at DragonCon maybe? [face_praying]

Darkside be with you! [face_skull]

edit: Gotta lol at the usual suspects in here. ;) Hey guys :D

12. Son_Of_Skywalker15

Son_Of_Skywalker15 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 7, 2006

I can't answer that, but I do know he'll be making an appearance on EUCast: Live! For more information read here. If you can't make it, send all questions and such to eucast@starwarsfanworks.com. We're really excited to being having Drew on, and we hope you can make it!

13. Jarren_Lee-Saber

Jarren_Lee-Saber Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2008
    I've read both PoD & Ro2, and I'd say I like them both. At the same time they were somewhat.....difficult to read. This is due to the fact that the hero is also the villain. You're cheering on Darth Bane while at the same time realizing that he is messing up the Jedi & slaughtering innocents. In this context, I'd say I like PoD better, as it's more Bane vs Sith, than Bane vs Jedi. And he wins against all his naysayers. So that book kicks arse. Ro2 for me is too depressing, especially when Bane & Zannah kill all those Jedi & the healers. *weeps* But Drew, you are a great writer. Thumbs up.

14. swabie2424

swabie2424 Jedi Youngling

May 5, 2007
    Hey everyone - big fan of Drew's here. I tore through the Bane stuff and might even grab his Mass Effect stuff.

I just wanted to let everyone know, I just posted a feature interview with Drew over at:

http://www.galacticbinder.com

Stop by and check it out. TheForce.net is mentioned in the interview. And Drew tells everyone what in Star Wars still gives him the "shivers"!!

15. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    BioWare have posted a preview chapter of Drew's upcoming Mass Effect: Ascension.

http://masseffect.bioware.com/galacticcodex/ascension.html

I'm looking forward to this.

16. The_Phenomenon7

The_Phenomenon7 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 10, 2008
    I'm a big fan of Drew. Love KotOR, and I loved Path of Destruction. I have yet to get my hands on Rule of Two though(But I WILL).
    I loved the Inputs of Revan and other KotOR bits on PoD.
    PoD has got to rank up there with some of the best books I've read. Not quite as good as Koontz or King, but damn good.

17. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    So I finished Ascension, and I'd actually go as far to say that it's Drew's best novel. I definitely recommend it. :)

18. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
  19. Cobranaconda

Mar 3, 2004
    Finally got around to finishing Mass Effect and reading Ascension (didn't have much time in Japan :p ), and I'm glad I did. The game didn't really hook me until halfway through Noveria, so I was worried it wasn't going to live up to my expectations. Then it got moving, so yay.

Also, Ascension's really good. Looking forward to whatever's next in ME now :p

20. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    I'm looking forward to some great things in Bane 3. I reckon Bane's going to die though and we'll get to see Zannah's apprentice, whoever that may be.

What would be interesting is how the Jedi find out about the Rule of Two. Also, if that Jedi Padawan Zannah impersonated turns up at the temple and says she never left the planet where she was. All it would take is someone asking a few questions and then maybe they'd realise the Sith weren't dead after all.

21. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Qui-Gon_Reborn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 11, 2008
    Well, with Bane probably dead and the legacy of the Sith falling on Zannah's shoulders, she's gonna have to make some sort of fatal error that leads the Jedi to discover the Rule of Two and live to pass on the knowledge of the Sith's existance.

Emperor's black bones, I can't wait!!!! :_| :_| :_|

22. DVader316

Feb 18, 2000
    Yea, this has been a really enjoyable series so far. Really looking forward to the next book.

23. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Actually, when we catch up with the Jedi Council at the time of TPM, some of them believe the Sith to be extinct. So ( as Insider discussed a while back ) they need to have learned of the Rule of Two but they also need to have a reason to assume that the Sith are extinct. For example, if they discover the existence of two Sith, one of whom has killed the other, and then proceed to kill the remaining Sith. Thus, a Sith in "Bane 3" ( I'm not going to assume it must be Zannah![face_whistling] ) doesn't have to make a "fatal error" that leads the Jedi to discover the Rule... the "fatal error" may be part of the plan. We should not forget that Luceno told us the Jedi had possession of Sith holocrons from the time of Bane, and that ( unbeknownst to the Jedi ) the holocrons were fakes.

24. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    You know, that could be used to explain away the discrepencies between PoDRoT, JvS and BotS. :p

25. darthadimentsu

darthadimentsu Jedi Master star 1

Jan 24, 2007
    As head writer in KOTOR, were you also the brains behind the story of The Old Republic? Will there be continued involvement there? And also, will you be involved in the tie-in novel? Or is that going to someone else?