main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A&A The Official Jason Fry Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Havac , Oct 4, 2012.

1. lordpixie

lordpixie Jedi Master star 2

Aug 30, 2015
    Just picked this beautiful book The Clone Wars character encyclopedia i'm really happy with it !. great job Mr Fry !!.

2. jasonfry

jasonfry VIP star 4 VIP

Nov 11, 2003
    The original or the new one, Join the Battle? (Either way, very happy you're happy!)

3. lordpixie

Aug 30, 2015
    The new one ! (sorry should of said haha) lots of great characters i would love to see again and some i forgot ! and you fitted a lot in this book, as it does not seem as big as the first book at first glance but looks can be deceiving !.

4. Kadar Ordo

Kadar Ordo Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 9, 2021
    I thought the book didn't come out until the 27th of April. Did you get an advance copy?

5. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Amazon UK says April 1 for the HC and Kindle copies.

Kadar Ordo likes this.
  6. lordpixie

Aug 30, 2015
    Got mine from Amazon UK.

jasonfry likes this.
  7. jasonfry

jasonfry VIP star 4 VIP

Nov 11, 2003
    I don't even have a copy! Ah, the book business. Glad you've enjoyed it!

ZV-83, lordpixie, KerkKorpil and 2 others like this.
  8. ZV-83

ZV-83 Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 7, 2020
    Was wondering if this was an April fools day joke ;)

Last edited: Apr 1, 2021
    lordpixie likes this.
  9. lordpixie

Aug 30, 2015
    No its real and it has some new images in it that i've not seen before. like the new Echo model.

ZV-83 likes this.
  10. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006
    Any new information? CT numbers? Senators? Homeworlds? spoiler tag :)

ZV-83 likes this.
  11. Commander_Andersen

Commander_Andersen Jedi Grand Master star 2

Apr 10, 2004
    Certainly some new species identifications.

Ventrix, ZV-83 and Noash_Retrac like this.
  12. lordpixie

Aug 30, 2015
    Unsure about new info lots of bios and text ! but we get some CT numbers for some of the named clones i don't know if any are new though. the book seems to just covers characters that have speaking parts or important to the story. so does not have every background character.

ZV-83 likes this.
  13. Noash_Retrac

Nov 14, 2006
    Is
    Denal from S1
    there?

ZV-83 likes this.
  14. Noash_Retrac

Nov 14, 2006
    Who?

Daneira and ZV-83 like this.
  15. lordpixie

Aug 30, 2015
    Sorry no he's still missing.

16. Commander_Andersen

Apr 10, 2004
    We're currently in the middle of a TCW rewatch, so it's a really neat and comprehensive reference guide - and cheap on Kindle!

A few points I've noticed:

There are a number of references to sources other than films/TV, e.g. Eeth Koth leaving the Jedi Order during the war, Son of Dathomir, Dark Disciple.
    Little bit of lore about Coleman Kcaj of all people!
    Rig Nema (the Jedi doctor from Season 6) gets a species and homeworld - Halaisi from Halais.
    Ky Narec's homeworld is the Cosmatanic Steppes from the Doctor Aphra comic.
    Cin Dralig's homeworld of Lavisar is recanonised.
    The Venator on which Ahsoka escapes Order 66 is the Tribunal.
    The Zilkins (species of Meebur Gascon) hail from Great Zilk.
    There's a few bits of lore about D-Squad that I'm sure are all new.
    Wulff Yularen's homeworld is not Coruscant, but Anaxes.
    Bric's homeworld is Mileva, revealed as the Siniteen homeworld in Alien Archive.
    The Delta Squad commandos are all profiled.
    The IPV-2C designation of the Stealth Corvette, from FFG, makes it into canon.
    Asajj Ventress gets a birth year (50 BBY), which puts her older in canon than legends.
    There's a semantic distinction between "Dathomirian" (females) and "Dathomirian Zabrak" (males).
    The Scipio arc definitely takes place after Ringo Vinda, as per the official chronology.
    Bec Lawise recanonised as Speaker of the Separatist Parliament. Which is funny, because he's more of an American Congressional-style Speaker (aka Leader of the House) rather than a Parliamentary-style Speaker (the impartial chair). And the Separatist Parliament is very much a House of Commons set-up.
    Argyus's homeworld of Tepasi is recanonised.
    Latts Razzi's homeworld is a new location of Korbori - perhaps a homeworld at last for the Theelin?
    Rumi Paramita's homeworld of Gorobei re-enters canon.
    The Ssori homeworld is Ssori Fragments.
    There's a fun reference on the Hutt page.
    Dryden Vos gets an entry. He's a rising star in Crimson Dawn. No species or homeworld, obviously.
    Pintu Son-El is a Moyn.
    Ione Marcy is a Salenga.
    Orphne's species gets a name - Sollux.

I'm sure there's definitely more nuggets hidden away in here, particularly for some of the more obscure characters. I think I'd like one of these for each movie and TV series!

Last edited: Apr 2, 2021
  17. silentfault

silentfault Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 5, 2021
    Is Sev alive? Anything hinting at them coming back for more action, or referencing the events of Republic Commando videogame?

ZV-83 and darthosaka like this.
  18. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    Literally laughed out loud at this.

19. Commander_Andersen

Apr 10, 2004
    [​IMG]

Daneira, ZV-83 and Vthuil like this.
  20. Noash_Retrac

Nov 14, 2006
    What's the lore?!

21. ScreamingWoman2019

ScreamingWoman2019 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2018
    @jasonfry

The prologue (TLJ novel). Luke's dream. Was that in the script?

Thanks in advance.

22. jasonfry

jasonfry VIP star 4 VIP

Nov 11, 2003
    Nope. That was me. I talked about what I was going for (and a lot of other stuff about the novelization) in this Twitter thread.

Would love to see the TLJ script released one day. It's a fun read.

23. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    FFG's parent company, Asmodee, shuffled around its component parts and moved the Star Wars RPG to one of their other subsidiaries, so it might be a while for new Star Wars RPG products to show.
    The last RPG product that FFG released, however, was the Starships and Speeders sourcebook, and it contained a number of obscure or newish ships (plus the expected entries for the Executor, the Millennium Falcon, the Imperial-class SDs, etc) - including an entry for the Secutor-class Battlecarrier and the Starhawk-class Battleship.

ZV-83, jasonfry and darthosaka like this.
  24. jasonfry

jasonfry VIP star 4 VIP

Nov 11, 2003
    Thanks -- I hadn't kept up to date. Gotta make sure I went through Starships and Speeders to find any new geography....

ZV-83, darthosaka and blackmyron like this.
  25. Sauron_18

Sauron_18 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 1, 2005
    Thanks for linking to that Twitter thread! It was a fascinating read, especially learning the intricacies of navigating what was on the script, what was wholly new, and what you could or could not define. The Snoke portion has always been one of the most intriguing. And it's funny that although you left a lot open to interpretation with Snoke (enough so that what we got onscreen did end up fitting with it), it may nonetheless end up being the most detailed look we've gotten into the character.

I know there's probably a lot that you can't go into, but one part I've always had trouble interpreting when I re-read this section is the part where we read that Luke Skywalker had become an obstacle to Snoke's plans. It sounds like we don't know how Luke would have interfered with Snoke's plans, and that Snoke's solution was to manipulate events so that Luke would train a new generation of Jedi, leading to Kylo's fall and Luke's exile. But does that mean that it wasn't Luke's new Jedi that were the threat to Snoke, that it was something else? Maybe I'm misinterpreting that, or maybe it's left deliberately ambiguous. And again, I completely understand if you'd prefer to leave that open to interpretation.

It's a wonderful novelization, and one of the best SW books I've had the pleasure of reading!