main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion The Official LACWAC Star Wars General Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Dark Lord Tarkas, May 28, 2011.

1. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    But how you can skip Ben Quadrinaros?:eek: :p Well live-action supposedly have more podracing if it will be made... so too bad if you don't care.... definitely it's cooler than F1 about that i couldn't personally care less:p

If only TCW would have similar style... but i don't like the unimaginative designs they use in those trailers- jedi temple has not changed at all- republic troopers look like clones even without helmets and ancient droidekas:oops: .... oh my goodness does they actually have any fresh ideas for TOR anymore they just recycle old ideas recreate GL's stuff and then add john williams music to well animated and edited trailers-

While they are damnably epic and cool and all they don't actually have any new ideas in them -just well made clips but i think they need new ideas and designers for characters and environments their imagination seems to be dead- Kotor had also some stolen GL's ideas but bit more unique style.....-

TCW is exact opposite to that IMO they have a great new and fresh ideas but episodes are not wellmade usually- no Williams and scenes are many times edited poorly due to 22-minute timelimit... stylised animation of course makes it different but still they can do epic stuff that's proved by later half of season3 hopefully season4 continues awesomeness like Citadel and Trando-duology

huh?:eek:
    It's there just next to Battlefront3- in category of games everyone wants to have but (apparently stupid) designers of the Lucasarts refuse to make :_| they would be huge hits.... hopefully not frauds like TFU2 though- that game was just as expensive as full game but short as hell:mad: ....

2. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Yeah I think it's a shame that all the ancient troops etc. look way too much like the Clone/Stormtroopers.

3. Darth_Gamek

Darth_Gamek Jedi Master star 6

Aug 10, 2009
    They had to rip off the STAP's design. :oops:

4. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    If they don't make the game assets similar to the movies, they wouldn't have that much people interested.

5. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    It's Star Wars; plenty of people are already interested. Casual fans are not going to make a decision on whether to buy TOR based on how many parallels they can draw between the saga and the game. I don't think anyone would be put off if the troopers had an original design that wasn't instantly recognisable as a ripoff of Stormtrooper armour.

6. JoleeBee

JoleeBee Jedi Youngling star 1

May 25, 2011
    Hmm, if everyone here on LACWAC create identical clone trooper character (with clone troopers' nicknames eg. Cody, Bly, Colt, Gree, Wolffe etc) with identical clone trooper armor and create LACWACers clone troopers guild that would be an epic win. You know, causing Jedi/Sith to ragequit.[face_skull] Priceless! Count me in.[face_skull]
    You guys love clone troopers, right?:confused:

7. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    At least it was totally unneeded and almost revolting[face_sick] how they put a supposedly non-clone guy i guess.... there who looks more like Jango than Rex with his blonde very short haircut or for example Ganch with his beard- at least they could've given him unique haircut and face damn it but they obviously designed his facial features after Temuera Morrison:oops:

These kind of rip-offs make most EU-eras to feel so much worse- republic troops could've all lacked helmets altogether with no bodybucket armor- something between rebels and clones with more armor than rebels but less armor than clones and stormies

I don't buy "they have to look like clones or no one would be interested" argument- Kotor was very popular with no whitearmors altogether- sith had that cool silverarmor and republicans rebel-like uniforms- although colors yellow and red were kinda foolishlooking together.....

GFFA also seems to have long tradition of not accepting 'alientroops' but only humans.... it pisses me off TOR trailers have only humans as soldiers while jedi and civilians etc. are multiracial groups

also it was so unneeded to do all members of jedi council to be movie-ripoffs Shaak Ti has her ancient clone, Plo has his ancient clone etc. and in that one vid with Bothawui we see Aayla-clone but with more appropriate jedioutfit:p

they could do something original TCW shows new designs all the time...

8. JoleeBee

May 25, 2011
    Not every Twi'lek or Togruta are ripoffs of Aayla or Shaak Ti. They just part of SW setting.[face_peace]

9. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    Twi'leks especially, they're an incredibly common species in the GFFA.

Anywho...for anyone who has Kinect (lol) you have something to look forward to from this year's E3:

Click plz

10. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    SW Kinect is what everyone automatically thought of as soon as the Wii was introduced but it mostly looks awkard to me.

Never played an MMO before and I think I'm only interested in SW:TOR because they mention they expect a large number of people who want to play solo - which is me.

11. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    The other Star Wars MMO is [face_plain]

Galaxies after 2005 is just plain sad, game mechanics and population-wise compared to its early years. I would feel sorry for it, SOE, after TOR is released.

12. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    Solo as in solo campaign with no silly clan nonsense? Just one more reason I need to upgrade to a better computer before it drops.

13. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    Sorry for the double post but OMG 6 minute cinematic tralier up on SWTOR.com!

It's called Return.

14. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
  15. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    Isn't it just. A blatant ripoff of the movies.

Still epic as **** though. =P~

16. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    Gonna wait till this place clears out, another 20 minutes or so, then I will watch the goodness.

I know it would be way too much money but damn I wish TCW looked like this.[face_hypnotized]

17. JoleeBee

May 25, 2011
    I! Want! It! NOW!!=P~=P~ Make this a movie, Lucas, please... [face_praying][face_praying]

18. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Exactly! Part of me wants to critique it for just plain stealing from the movies, but... it looks so awesome... [face_hypnotized]

19. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009

20. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    [face_plain]

Yeah, I'm going to stop you there, Alexrd. :p

21. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    What I posted in Lit:

I actually liked both other trailers better.

The True Sith reveal was fantastic and the trailer looked amazing, as always, but some pretty hackneyed dialogue and way too many Saga references made it seem like a fan trailer to me.

Plus having 2 separate fighters use a single saber and saber staff in the same trailer was just too much.

22. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    The more I watch it, the abundance of saberstaffs and Duel of the Fates blaring throughout makes me think LFL is pushing everyone even more to shove as many Maul/TPM references in as they can.

Now, let's try and start some discussion so you don't all have to defect over to Lit to talk about it.:p

The smuggler, I think, is a combination of Han Solo and Indiana Jones (obviously), and I also think the size of the hat, the look of the blasters, and above all else the trench coat, are very reminiscent of Cad Bane.

Now, is that trooper the same one as in Hope, or are they all clones as someone earlier suggested?

Of course, seeing the helmet come off to reveal the Red Sith was awesome. (side note: like that Wookieepedia have changed the sith species main pic to the guy from the trailer) He definitely looked great in this one. And I really thought Malgus with his hood up looked just like Emperor Palpatine.

23. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Have you played it, or are you one of those who quited since the CU? If you've played it, you would know what I'm talking about.

24. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    My thoughts exactly.
    It seemed as if someone had decided what their favorite parts of the Saga were and just re-created them in the trailer with a few changes and tweeks. But damn, it looks so good!
    Gimme, gimme, gimme!

25. JoleeBee

May 25, 2011
    Indiana Solo was arrested yet nobody has seized his weapons.[face_laugh] Plothole spotted.
    And, in my opinion, this trailer generally more like good PT moments mixed with good OT moments than The Old Republic.:oops: They should've created something more unique.