main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Official NFL Discussion Thread (Now Featuring Time's Person of the Year, Taylor Swift!)

Discussion in 'Community' started by PRENNTACULAR, Nov 25, 2006.

1. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Chargers still seems hilarious.

vin likes this.
  2. PCCViking

PCCViking 6x Wacky Wednesday Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Jun 12, 2014
    Maybe Rodgers needs a discount double check. :p

3. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    DO NOT COME AT MY HUSBAND

But for real, Rodge isn't stupid. He has $0 guaranteed remaining on his contract, he's the MVP being paid on the scale of Jared Goff, and his team just picked a QB in the first round last year.

He's forcing the org to show their hand-- commit to him (and by extension, to continue to contend vs. rebuild...Aaron Jones is a FA) or not.

4. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
  5. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    this is a cool idea - i've added a poll

if you're interested, there will likely be a second jcc game related to prop bets, guess the score of the game, etc. - usually goes up a week or so before the game.

6. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
  7. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    heels1785 likes this.
  8. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    I'd have some interest in what Horry has to say. :p

9. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    Texans have hired a (white)coach.
    https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...re-ravens-david-culley-head-coach-sources-say

My favorite passage from the article.

Culley, 65, who has spent the past three seasons in Baltimore, just completed his 27nd season as an NFL coach. Along with serving as the team's assistant head coach, Culley was Baltimore's passing game coordinator and wide receivers coach. The Ravens finished the 2020 season ranked last in the NFL in passing.

10. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  11. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Yeah I'll probably post the thread this upcoming Sunday night.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2021
    solojones likes this.
  12. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    So... that sounds like Watson probably won’t be coming back. It also feels so out of left field when you’ve got Bienemey right there, from the same coaching tree, but younger, and with more success at the type of reasoning you’d have for hiring him.

13. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    @vin, culley is african-american. he's got over a decade of experience with reid in kc and philly, as well.

14. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  15. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    Hahaha why did I think he was white? Time to ring the bells.
    [​IMG]

Juliet316 , DarthTunick and dp4m like this.
  16. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    I am both glad we will get to keep Bienemy and sad for him that he may never get to be a head coach.

17. Django211

Django211 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 6, 1999
    I'm fine with all the praise Mahomes gets, its deserved and I've seen worse. Its amazing how quickly people forget how much praise was showered on Brett Favre. Madden loved Brett Favre and used to call a ton of his games. Favre used to kill the Bears and Madden used to call a lot of those games so it was a double whammy as a Bears fan. Even when Favre used to get picked off there was never any criticism they just called him a "gunslinger" or said he was "just out there having fun." I wonder if younger fans know that Favre is the leader in career interceptions by a lot. Heck Frank Caliendo got a gig on ESPN for his Madden impression slobbering over Favre.

So Green Bay shoves Favre out of the way for Rodgers and he's even better. A smarter QB who's not as reckless. He doesn't turn the ball over. Although he doesn't get the praise that Favre does. Rodgers still doesn't take deserved criticism. Every year it was something different, Aaron needs a better D, Aaron needs a better coach, Aaron needs new receivers. Rodgers had chances to beat the Bucs but he missed passes and made some poor decisions. Even if they scored a TD and got the 2pts could they have stopped Brady when all they needed was a FG?

Now I see a lot of Rodger fans complaining that GB should have used their 1st round pick on a receiver. Rodgers led the league in TDs and QBR, and was top 10 in all other passing categories, how many more balls was a new receiver going to catch? He's 1-4 in NFC championships and this year he had essentially everything he was so called "missing." As amazing as he is there has to be a level of disappointment to his career with only 1 Super Bowl.

I'm looking forward to the game because we'll get to see the NFLs 2 best QBs going head to head. The winner is going to get a lot more hype next year.

Luke02 likes this.
  18. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    In minor Super Bowl news...

Bucs have officially decided to wear white over pewter. Making for a much easier on the eyes Super Bowl.

[​IMG]

MotivateR5D4 and Juliet316 like this.
  19. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Thanks Bucs for letting us wear red and look cooler. Y'all should have worn pewter though.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2021
  20. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    Teams aren’t allowed to wear alternates in the playoffs without special permission from the NFL. Not sure how or why some are granted. But from recollection you have the 94 Niners in the 75th anniversary throwbacks and the Chargers in powder blue in the playoffs.

The Rams were officially granted full season exception to wear the throwbacks during their Super Bowl season.

edit: random uniform statistics
    Brady is 4-1 in white jerseys and 2-2 in color (although Tampa is 1-0 in red) so it might be a reason why they chosen white. On the other hand Chiefs are 2-0 in red and 0-1 in white.

If the Chiefs win they will be the third team to win back to back Super Bowls in the same uniform, after the '78-79 Steelers and '92-93 Cowboys

Juliet316 and solojones like this.
  21. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    And the first since to go to back to back Super Bowls since the Seahawks.

In other news, Watson has officially requested to be traded.

22. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    i think houston is going to demand four first-round picks - which only one team can do, feasibly. and i don't know that they should give up on tua after a handful of games and give away all of the draft capital they've accumulated over the years for one player, even one i consider a current top 2/3 qb in the nfl.

23. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Yes Watson, now please go to the NFC there are too many good young QBs in the AFC thanks.

24. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    The Bears have gone through how many drafts without a top tier drafted QB. I would Hershel Walker the hell out of Watson.

CT-867-5309 and Luke02 like this.
  25. robert martins

robert martins Jedi Master star 4

Oct 9, 2018
    Seahawks went back to back superbowls in 2013, 2014, Patriots went back to back superbowls in 2016, 2017 and 2018

Question for Patriot haters, if the Pats had gone to the superbowl this year, what would of been the lesser of 2 evils for you? Brady getting his 7th title or Patriots getting their 7th title?