main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V The Old Republic MMO: The New Official Thread

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Havac , Oct 7, 2012.

1. RafSwi7

RafSwi7 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2011
    I do not think so. SWTOR has already "survived" the discontinuation of legend stories. New canon stories in this time frame will not change that. These things can "kill" SWTOR:
    • the new Star Wars MMO,
    • SWTOR not being profitable,
    • the expiration of the Star Wars license.
    Right now EA has exclusive license on SW titles. They might or might not lose it after the all bad press related to B2. Still, losing that license would mean that SW games can be made by other developers (as long as one of them won't get new exclusive license). SWTOR was made earlier and it might be bound by other agreements.

Revanfan1 and Sinrebirth like this.
  2. RafSwi7

Oct 3, 2011
    Has anyone tried the newest flashpoint?

Very nice scenery, bosses have some nice mechanics but it took me forever to kill some of them (there was also a lot of adds with CC abilities).

Any guesses about the planet that we will return to in the next story update?
    [​IMG]
    Based on these maps...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ... it is located...
    ...somewhere near (or in - the map is a little cramped) the Seat of the Empire. Planets from this sector: Dromund Kaas, Yavin IV, Korriban, Taris, Oricon, Ziost and Nathema.

Definitely it won't be Zakuul or Iokath.
    [​IMG]

3. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Hmmmm. Bastion, maybe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Havoc123

Havoc123 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 26, 2013
    It's clearly Asation, I think. Bastion is just a random unsettled terrestrial planet at this point. I mean, it does say it gets settled in the Old Republic Era, but I don't think it'd be this early in it.

Sinrebirth and RafSwi7 like this.
  5. RafSwi7

Oct 3, 2011
    Havoc123 is right. It might be Asation. From the Wookiepedia:

"At some point during the Galactic War, the Dread Masters activated a Gree hypergate and released a creature known as the Terror From Beyond."

From the last message from the Scions:

"You stand guard at the gates of madness, at the center of the maelstrom."

6. Kyle K

Kyle K Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 5, 2017
    I am happy that another romancable companion Lt Raina Temple returned after Elara Dorne.

It took also slow for me to fight the first boss. The Chiss boss is a bug when it getting closer to kill. He is vanishing but I could kill him with the Legacy with grenade and air strike.

7. RafSwi7

Oct 3, 2011
    About our companions from Darth Hexid:
    Lord Scourge:
    He told me about your tussle with the Sith Emperor. But even after your victory, Scourge was convinced the Emperor still lived.Two days later? Poof! He disappeared. On some foolish crusade no doubt. I'm afraid that's all I know.

Ashara:
    That mischievous Togruta's made quite a name for herself.According to the rumors, she ambushed an Eternal Empire patrol all by her lonesome. Exquisite work, if you ask me.Unfortunately, Ashara's completely off the radar. If you find her, be a doll and pass along my respect.

Jaesa:
    Willsaam... oh, yes. The Jedi defector who ran off to pursue the dark side. I heard, she was carving through the Eternal Empire, crushing outposts and spreading terror through their ranks.
    Willsaam... oh, yes. The Jedi defector who struck out on her own. Last I heard, she was helping refugees escape the shadow of the Eternal Empire. Shame she didn't spill more Zakuulan blood in the process.Last

Kira:
    According to the rumors, she tried to break you out of your carbonite prison. It might've worked--but Vaylin caught wind of the plot and ambushed Kira's team. I don't know how, but your friend survived Vaylin's wrath and disappeared somewhere in Wild Space. That's the last I heard of her.

Nadia:
    I don't spend my spare time fraternizing with Jedi diplomats, but I've heard rumblings...After you disappeared, Nadia spread rumors you were still alive somewhere. People called her crazy. Turns out she was right. Now she's gone, lost on a bold mission in the depths of Wild Space.

8. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013

Interesting, because that's not what she said about Scourge to me.

RafSwi7 likes this.
  9. RafSwi7

Oct 3, 2011
    Really? What she said in the game?

My dialogue is from files.

Edit: Found the video

Interesting... this change implies that:
    Scourge/Kira mission might resolve around the Emperor.

BioWare must have thought that such implication - that Vitiate might still be alive - would be revealed too early.

It is not the first time it happens - after Umbara Theron was supposed to write mail to us with encrypted "ZILDROG" in the text. They cut this line and later revealed the Order on Copero.

I guess we might learn more about such possibility in the upcoming flashpoint.

Revanfan1, AusStig and kalzeth like this.
  10. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    I am really sick of these flashpoints

Also can we just do the story mode if the new one?

However I do like darth Hexid, a nice ham and a good character (less one note then I thought)

Malachi108 likes this.
  11. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    ugh sorry for the double post but I just found this

http://www.swtor.com/info/news/news-article/20171204-0

Also do people think there will be a SWTOR 2?

Personally I doubt it, since KotfE was basically swtor 2. But if they did do it I would jump the timeline forward a couple hundred years and have a more broken galaxy, with the Republic and Empire too weak to fight each in a full war, but a lot of smaller conflicts going on.

kalzeth likes this.
  12. Malachi108

Malachi108 Jedi Master star 3

Aug 8, 2009
    Asation it is. The coordinates fit the map, but also the most recent pack included a Drakag mount - a brand new creature model - said to be from Asation in description. Clearly they're expanding on existing planetary assets like they did with Darvannis.

Sure you can. You can run the story version even without any gear at all.

Why would anyone on the business side evern think of it? Has ANY MMO in history ever received a full-on sequel as a new game? I only know of Guild Wars 2.

13. Kyle K

Mar 5, 2017
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Asation

It could also be Oricon but why I think Asation suits best it is the Dread Masters with the Terror From Beyond.

For the next FP we need force sensitive companions.

Are there going to be two more FP or just one more after Copero?

In the camp on Odessen that there is a room for another FP.

AusStig likes this.
  14. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010

Asation does look the most likely

Actually no you can't you need to do the Solo mode to get the cutscenes.

Destiny got a sequel.

It also lets them relaunch and sell new versions of the game (or even put it on new systems if they like)

15. RafSwi7

Oct 3, 2011
    Funny thing about Asation - I have never been there in SWTOR.

From what I have read in codex entries, it seems that the planet was closed for visitors for centuries before the Great War. The Emperor's Vault should not really be there - it is neither imperial or sith planet. What is more Theron should not be familiar with this planet.

Still, the Hypergate can tie nicely to the Sith Inquisitor class mission on Rishi (life prolonging technology with Gree, Sith and Rakata messages from the Rishi Maze).

Revanfan1, Sinrebirth and kalzeth like this.
  16. Kyle K

Mar 5, 2017
    I have not either been in Asation and it is fun to explore new planets.

Why choose to have the Emperor's vault in Asation by Vitiate/Valkorion or the Empire?

17. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Vitiate has 1300 years to hide something on Asation, to be fair. It may have been closed for centuries but that’s only two minimum - maybe Vitiate had them close it on his orders for all we know. I’d love a connection to the Rishi mission at last.

RafSwi7 likes this.
  18. RafSwi7

Oct 3, 2011
    From the recent interview with T. Zahn.
    • Zenka, Saganu, and Valss' complete names may be revealed in the future.
    • More information about Chiss culture may be released soon, at least in terms of what is relevant to Copero.
    • The traps and challenges in the temple are one variation of a part of the adoption ritual for Chiss noble families.
    • The Chiss use of droids may be part of a treaty stipulation between the Empire and the Chiss - a trial technology.
    • Copero is a Chiss world outsiders are allowed to come to, albeit rarely.
    • Zahn would like to write further for SWTOR, they discussed bringing in some of the other species from Heir to the Empire including the Bothans, and particularly the Defel.
    • SWTOR's storyline is currently on a roughly one-year-out schedule from conceptualization to release.
    • Anything they collaborate on has to be approved by Lucasfilm.

MercenaryAce, kalzeth and AusStig like this.
  19. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    Can we finally get Bothuwi?

kalzeth likes this.
  20. RafSwi7

Oct 3, 2011
    I would not be surprised. They just need to reuse Bothawui assets from scrapped expansion (like they did with Ziost).

kalzeth and AusStig like this.
  21. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010

gah, now I really wish we hag gotten the planed expansions

I blame ea (cause why not)

RafSwi7 and kalzeth like this.
  22. RafSwi7

Oct 3, 2011
    Let's say, that the Hypergate leads to the Rishi Maze. Two scenarios here:
    1. Something is coming from the other side (Zildrog? Alien civilizations?).
    2. We will go through it and our next expansion will take place in the alien galaxy.

AusStig likes this.
  23. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    If Valkorion set up another threat out there it may strain credulity, but a Zildrog connection would be nice.

Sith secrets on Yavin 4?

RafSwi7 likes this.
  24. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010

I can see it now

Lana: How many secret Empires did he create?
    Theron: Everyone needs a hobby

Darkslayer likes this.
  25. Kyle K

Mar 5, 2017
    It is like Stargate or the Iconian gateway from Star Trek if we go through the Hypergate to another galaxy.

That is awesome if it will be that way.

RafSwi7 likes this.