main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V The Old Republic MMO: The New Official Thread

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Havac , Oct 7, 2012.

1. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    Perhaps. But his time has passed.

He was also the least interesting thing about the setting (kill everyone is a boring goal). He was half interesting in the knight of stuff. But I am now so sick of him and his family I hope never to hear Zakul again.

Farferello likes this.
  2. Kyle K

Kyle K Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 5, 2017
    What is the next target to attack for the Empire after Corellia?

Will we face a new powerful Vitiate?

3. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    I think it is more a raid than invasion, so maybe somewhere in the mid-rim cough*kashyyyk*cough.

I really hope not, I can stomach a superweapon, but no more of him.

4. Darth Corydon

Darth Corydon Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2018
  5. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    Are you saying Abeloth was in fact a superweapon created by Vitiate that he then lost contorl of and had to seal away?

6. Hamburger_Time

Hamburger_Time Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 13, 2010
    Is this the final expansion, or do we not know that for sure?

7. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    This is not the final expansion.

There has been no talk about it. The game is not dying. It still has another 2 years at least.

kalzeth and RafSwi7 like this.
  8. Darth Corydon

Darth Corydon Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2018
    naw I'm saying expore stuff with abeloth after this if u don't wanna deal with Vitiate anymore

9. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    Or rather than dealing with that garbage monster.

We could focus on the war, with out it getting side tracked by random third parties, again.

10. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    Or TOR could finally find peace and rebuild the galaxy with leftover Sith in hiding and pulling strings in secret. New type of storylines and battles, investigations. Not everything needs to be a galactic trashing war. At least for a season this may work for TOR before something new erupts?

We need Sith leftovers to become the Paecian Empire, a reason why they rename themselves and attempt to keep their territory rather than expanding again. Personal headcanon, Paecian Empire is named for "Peace" that Darth Paxis brought actually. To the surprise of the Republic a Sith created peace and order, not the Jedi that wanted to eradicate the Sith, therefore... a wary Republic, Jedi split with rogues continuing their fight without war-tired Republic or Council support and the Paecian (Sith) Empire around Dathomir to be something new and lasting for at least a couple centuries?

What happens to world the Republic concedes to said Empire against the populations wishes? What to likewise Sith worlds that become Republican due to new boarders being drawn and reinforced? Lots of story potential!

Looming questions of why the Sith wanted peace all of a sudden and what they may be planning. If it is a false hope to rest and a torn Republic between rebuilding and further restocking for whenever the war erupts again?

Did Revanites or any Revan legacy play into Darth Paxis gamble and new philosophy?

In this new era they might throw in more mysterious stuff like Abeloth, or lesser explorations of new threats and enemies. A Killik uprising on several worlds (akin to Rakghouls)? Another strong Mandalorian conquest and leader? Hutts trying something again? Heck, this war break can even be used for a limited invasion storyline employing maybe Nagai or Tof from satellite galaxies, early Vong scouts or Ssi Ruuvi and other Unknown Regions threats or whatever escaped the prisons of Belsavis if you like.

In the end it all can tie back to a lot of stuff, and then be in return combined into either a return to war, or prevention of that and lasting peace (until Ruin that is), with the Paecian Empire crumbling and Dathomir loosing importance again? Maybe previously there even had been a grab for power by the Witches and Nightsisters long before Allya when they had been more Sith Alchemy wielding Witches and Shamans?

Gerak and kalzeth like this.
  11. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    I mean I would love a return to a cold war setting, but I don't see it happening.

I think it was a mistake to have the war restart in vanilla.

The Return to War, should have been the first expansion.

kalzeth likes this.
  12. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    A Cold War ending would be perfect. Ruin reunifies Sith tribes; the northern Republic boundary withdraws to the Inner and Mid Rim after the Sith Wars; the Paecian Empire is the only known political entity in the following era.

The New Sith Wars starts when the Sith capture Ziost and Yavin 4 - crossing the Hydian with an opening thrust...? The next known battles take place in the Trans-Hydian.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gerak, Nobody145, kalzeth and 2 others like this.
  13. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013

Ziost and Yavin IV are of interest to the Sith but no major Republic worlds, if Republican at all then. More likely they are part of the Sith's expansion before hitting Republic space, unless the Republic locks them down and has them under Jedi guard like at the outset of the TOR war when the Sith hit Korriban first.

Re new Cold War:

One could spice it up that the Republic withdraws the boarder back as you said, but Jedi stay behind to protect worlds left behind by the Republic now fighting on without Republic support. We'd have a situation like in the Kerra Holt Knight Errant stories, only instead of the entire Rim, only a part of it is left without Republic services. BOSS, hyperroute maintenance, navbuoys switched off, holonet services cut etc.

Jedi staying to protect/fight may be rogue with the Council staying republican. Sith/Paecians may demand that the Republic police its rogue Jedi, with Republic claiming they are no longer affiliated with them. Council would need to send Jedi in order to take control of their brothers and sisters.

Former Sith, calling themselves Paecians now force the Jedi Council to take action against their own rogues. Jedi claiming they are still Sith despite new name loose public support and are seen as warmongers unable to accept peace. We could even have former and new Paecian Sith infiltrating the Republic or Jedi Order. The split Jedi Order reminds me of KOTOR comics with Haazen, the Draay Family, Revanchists, Jedi Sentinnels going rogue, etc.

All in all the Paecian gamble sounds like it could be the plan of a Sith skilled in Propaganda as well as Intelligence work... Darth Paxis might be a former Sith Intelligence or Propaganda member. Afterall the best trick of the devil was to convince everyone that he doesn't exist...

As for internal troubles within the Paecian Empire... aforementioned Nightsister Rise may attempt to take over from within, forcing rogue Jedi and former Sith/Paecians to unite to thwart their threat?

PS: During KOTOR - TOR Era, the Unknown Regions seem more permeable and less locked off than in later post ROTJ era. This may coincide with a weakening of Abeloths prison. So I wonder, when and how were the Unknown Regions re-sealed and how by who? Zakuul, Odessen, all lost to history and time again? With only a trail to Ilum remaining as Jedi secret? Mggnal-Mggnal and else as potential threads? Did Rakata-inspired sunpowered Sith superweapons see use to re-seal the UR? Did Jedi and Sith unite for it?

There is a story there too I suspect.

AusStig and kalzeth like this.
  14. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    ColeFardreamer and kalzeth like this.
  15. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    RafSwi7 and kalzeth like this.
  16. RafSwi7

RafSwi7 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2011
    Sourge/Kira dialogues from the Imperial ending:
    Mostly the same as Republic version.

Anri: Back on Corellia... I didn't actually make it out with the rest of the shuttles.Got caught under some falling debris in all the chaos. Wouldn't have made it out at all if they hadn't lent me a hand.
    Player: Who?
    Scourge: Your predecessor.
    Player: You're the one who tried to kill me on Mek-Sha!
    Scourge: Don't take it personally.It was a test--nothing more.A test you actually passed.
    Player: What are you talking about?
    Scourge: I am Lord Scourge, once a loyal servant of the Empire.
    Kira: Kira Carsen. Jedi Knight. Not thrilled to be here.
    Kira or Scourge: All three of us have fought the same enemy: the former Sith Emperor. Tenebrae, Vitiate, Valkorion, whatever you wish to call him.We know he was once a part of you. And we both felt his destruction, but... he has always been a master of deceit.We had to be sure that he wasn't lingering in your mind, hidden, waiting to come out only in the most dire circumstances. Now, we are sure.
    Player: If you were testing me, it must have been for a reason. A serious one, to bring a Jedi here.
    Kira or Scourge: Strange as it might sound... we think you might be the only one who can help us.
    Player: You try to kill me, and now you expect me to trust you? Just like that?
    Kira or Scourge: I know it's hard to believe, but we're all on the same side. We can't risk saying more here. Let's travel to your base on Odessen--it should be safe for us to talk there.
    Player: About what?
    Kira or Scourge: The final, gruesome weapon of Tenebrae.
    Important choice in the Imperial ending:
    You can formally rejoin the Empire.
    • Emperor/Empress will create a new Emperor's Hand, which would be filled with player and members of his/her alliance.
    • Alliance members will become Imperial citizens.
    • Sith Warrior: regains the title of the Emperor's Wrath
    • Sith Inquisitor: regains his Sith title and holdings.
    • Bounty Hunter: gets named as "Hunter without peer", responsible for the pursuit and destruction of our Empire's deadliest enemies.
    • Imperial Agent: new Keeper.
    You can also keep the Alliance.
    The same choice in the Republic ending:
    You can rejoin the Republic or keep the Alliance.

If you join:
    • Odessen will become a member of the Republic with senate membership.
    • Alliance members will become citizens and their criminal or intelligence records will be cleared.
    • Task Force Nova is created - joint military and civilian effort to help the Jedi rebuild their order.
    • Jedi Consular: becomes a member of the Jedi High Council, Master of Hidden Knowledge.
    • Jedi Knight: becomes a member of the Jedi High Council, still a Battlemaster.
    • Trooper: reinstated in the Republic Army Special Forces Division at the rank of Colonel.
    • Smuggler: "citizen privateer" - separate from the military, but with the effective rank of commodore, and control over all of the task force's civilian and logistical aspects.
    There are IIRC.
    Shame it was postponed but better to wait a little longer than play buggy mess.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2019
    AusStig, Sinrebirth and kalzeth like this.
  17. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Well people can stop complaining now.

*would stay independent*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    Disappointed about the delay, but at least I will have more time to play it in October.

Still the stuff is looking good. I like that they are giving us options and not ignoring the past. I like this new direction.

kalzeth and Sinrebirth like this.
  19. Farferello

Farferello Jedi Knight

Mar 21, 2018
    Any information on Saboteurs? Are my Imp's going to be forced to stick with the Empire still or just choose the Alliance instead? It would be a shame if you get the same end choice regardless of your loyalty through the story.

Also, any idea if flirts are available for anyone else but Anri?

Last edited: Aug 27, 2019
  20. RafSwi7

Oct 3, 2011
    New Subscriber Reward: Nautolan Species

Currently the Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ team is hard at work building the upcoming ‘Onslaught’ Expansion coming out October 22nd, 2019. To coincide with this release, a new playable species will be added to the game - Nautolans! As a special thank you to our Subscribers, any player who is a Subscriber leading up the Onslaught’s launch, will receive Nautolans at no additional cost on launch day!

[​IMG]

To ensure you get Nautolans unlocked at no additional cost, read on for details:
    • To unlock the playable Nautolan species, be a Subscriber at any time between September 1st at 12:01AM GMT and October 22nd at 11:59PM GMT.
    • The Nautolan species will be available to all qualified accounts once the servers are live with the ‘Onslaught’ Expansion.
    • If your subscription lapses before the expansion launches, but was active at any point within the above time frame, you will still gain access to the new playable species, Nautolans, free of charge.
    • Are you worried about not meeting the criteria for this promotion? Fear not! If you miss this promotional window, the Nautolan species will still be available for unlock as a purchase via the Cartel Market. This will go into effect after the expansion launches.
    Are you curious what subscribing will grant you before the ‘Onslaught’ Expansion launches? For starters, you’ll have access to a wide spectrum of character species in the game. Along with that are all of the past expansions, including Rise of the Hutt Cartel, Shadow of Revan, Knights of the Fallen Empire and Knights of the Eternal Throne are included with your subscription! What can you do once you’re done with all that story content? You’ll also have full access to PvP Warzones, Flashpoints, Uprisings, and Operations. On top of that, you’ll also receive a monthly Cartel Coin grant that you can trade in for that fancy armor set that you’ve been eyeing.

The ‘Onslaught’ Expansion will be free to all Subscribers once it launches. Included in this expansion are:
    • A New Storyline - The armies of the Galactic Republic rally to fend off the overwhelming forces of the Sith Empire as conflict reignites. Both sides are desperate to achieve victory. How far will you go to change the fate of the galaxy?
    • New Planet: Onderon - On the ancient world of Onderon, untamed jungles and savage beasts hide a conspiracy that could shatter this planet's ancient allegiance to the Republic forever.
    • New Planet: Mek-Sha - Built in a mined-out asteroid once controlled by the Hutts, Mek-Sha has become a crossroads for the entire galaxy: a lawless den of smugglers, pirates, mercenaries, traders, and refugees where opportunity and danger can be found in equal measure.
    • Corellia Flashpoint - The dramatic finale of the expansion storyline takes place in an all-new area on the classic SWTOR planet Corellia, where the Sith Empire and Galactic Republic are engaged in a brutal struggle around a key shipyard facility. Join the battle and explore this deadly battleground alone or as part of a group!
    • Dxun Operation - Dxun, Onderon’s largest moon, is teeming with wild and vicious predators, drawing the attention of the unscrupulous Czerka Corporation as well as a band of fanatical Trandoshan hunters. Gather your friends and prepare for one of the galaxy’s greatest challenges!
    • … and more!

kalzeth and AusStig like this.
  21. RafSwi7

Oct 3, 2011
    There are moments when you can sabotage other factions plans. I have also seen a dialogue where you have a choice to end saboteur role permanently.
    On Imperial side I have seen (there might be more) flirt options with Anri, Malgus, Vowrawn, Krovos (probably}, Theron and Lana.
    Tharan Cedrax return (Empire):
    Player: Hands up!
    Tharan: Don't shoot! I'm a pacifist!
    Player: Who are you?
    Tharan: I'm... Tharan Cedrax. Obviously. Preeminent expert in exotechnology and senior design engineer for this facility.
    Anri?: Theron, huh? Don't you have a buddy named Theron?
    Anri?: Another Tharan? He probably spells it the stupid way.
    Tharan: I would love to make a grand speech about never giving up and choosing death over dishonor, but the truth is, the situation is out of my hands.
    Tharan: Presumably, you're here to seize control of the facility? Or perhaps to sabotage the defensive systems?
    Player [option 1]: As long as you cooperate, we won't hurt you.
    Player [option 2]: Good guess. You're smarter than you seem.
    Player [option 3]: Make yourself useful or you're dead.
    Tharan: I can assure you, it would be impossible to seem as smart as I am.
    Tharan or Anri?: All defensive systems--shields, anti-aircraft guns, and so on--have been transferred to the secondary control station near the top of the spire.
    Malgus?: A very reasonable position.
    Anri or Player?: All of this equipment is useless, now. So, there's really nothing to be accomplished here.
    Tharan?: And nothing I can help you with.
    Malgus or Anri: Commander. Apparently the shield controls have been transferred to another control center, higher up in the spire.
    Player: Is that so?
    Anri: None of the computers will respond, my lord. And I'm seeing some lightsaber burns over here.That was the Jedi--Tau Idair. She's commanding the last of the facility's guards. She severed the connection as soon as control was transferred, then headed upstairs.
    Malgus?: Commander--on Ossus, we united our strength to crush the Jedi who tried to oppose the Empire.It's time we repeated that triumph. Join me, and together we will win a victory for the Empire that will change the course of the galaxy forever.
    Plauer [option 1]: Together, we'll be unstoppable.
    Player [option 2 - flirt] Ah, Malgus... you almost make it sound romantic.
    Player [option 3?]: I've met this Jedi before, on Mek-Sha. Fighting Tau will be fun.
    Malgus: Good. Major--hold this position, no matter the cost.
    Anri: Yes, my lord. And what about him?
    Player [option 1]: The scientist who built this facility could be very useful. We should keep him alive.
    Anri: Whatever you say.
    Player [option 2]He's a useful hostage--the Republic will have to hold back if their top scientist might get caught in the crossfire.
    Player [option 3] He's useless to us. Kill him.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2019
    AusStig, Farferello and kalzeth like this.
  22. jediofwar12

jediofwar12 Jedi Youngling

Oct 18, 2018
    Really cool
    I am excited to return to my original position in the empire and republic. I am also really hoping that I can officially start a romance with Anri in this expansion, instead of just flirts.

Also question
    Is there still no dialogue for existing already returned companions?

Last edited: Aug 28, 2019
    kalzeth likes this.
  23. Farferello

Farferello Jedi Knight

Mar 21, 2018
    Hmm, more chances to sabotage is good but it doesn't sound like we get to take it too far, that seems disappointing, especially if saboteurs get the chance to end that role. I was hoping for a proper defection, I suppose it depends on if you actually get to sabotage anything big or if the Empire still wins regardless. I guess my Imp Saboteurs will just end up sticking with the Alliance if that's how it goes.

Interesting to see a Malgus flirt even if it seems like you're trolling him, though I'm amused to think how Vowrawn would react to a flirt.

24. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    I'm intrigued by the Sabotage story and would like to know more.

But yes, my Alliance Imperial Sith Warrior is like, "No, I'm not going back to being a peon....which is all the Wrath ever was."

25. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013
    I love the updates and intel posted here regulary. But is there like a google doc file containing all the dialogue or options? Any fancompiled stuff to be easily saved? New dialogue files rip or lore rip of codex etc.? I know some TOR fansites but most are not up to date sadly. Where do I need to look?