main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

RJ Trilogy The Rian Johnson Trilogy: Why It Will Finally Make Star Wars Worth Watching

Discussion in 'Archive: New Films Gusher's Paradise' started by PymParticles , Mar 24, 2018.

?

Will the RJ trilogy finally make Star Wars worth watching?

1. Absolutely

20 vote(s)
    83.3%
  2. Probably

4 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    I thought this should be kept private, but oh well. I had another look at the contract, and since @Artoo-Dion and I retired before the violation, we’re clear to keep our money. The rest of you, though? Well, you screwed up big time. I just hope the site can survive this.

2. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
  3. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    Best way to deal with a hate forum is to make it so the haters and the fans that like what is going on don't interact. Soon enough the comedic threads will stop and we'll actually start talking about the Wars again. Just without the people that hate TLJ and TFA and obsessively voice that opinion.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2018
  4. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Yes, but I was mostly referring to the contract violations the current mods managed to pull off. Bravo, guys. [face_plain]

Birkendoc and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  5. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Hey, you chose to step down, so you don't get to have opinions on how we do our jobs.

6. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Yes. I mean, thanks for your concern, EHT (and definitely a big shout out for handling all this about 1000% better than @Artoo-Dion ), but if it's all the same to you, we'll take care of this ourselves. [:D]

7. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    I can laugh at you for throwing away all that money, though. And like I said, I hope the site will be OK.

Birkendoc and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  8. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Ha, some of us have actual foresight. I socked it all away and even *if* I have to reimburse Disney, I'd still keep the interest earned.

With that said, I'm so disappointed in some of you (not naming you). I fought for you, (well, kept my mouth shut) when all this stuff was coming up; I even was nice enough to wish you ex-mods well, thinking you'd respect the sanctity of our mod discussions and reimbursement negotiations...

TCF-1138 and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  9. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    In other words, @PymParticles outed you guys, not any retired mods.

10. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    How long was this kept private for? It makes me wonder how many other private forums there are? Hmm.

Mostly Handless likes this.
  11. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I did the dividend reinvestment program. I’m reinvesting my money from Disney back into Disney stock. So if they cut me off...they lose. [face_devil]

12. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    Hey, we still have the receipts for the shady contract violations you and @Artoo-Dion pulled while part of the team. We all go down with this ship, I don’t care if you got off at port.

EHT likes this.
  13. Darth Nerdling

Darth Nerdling Force Ghost star 4

Mar 20, 2013
    This is a clever ploy on the part of you mods to conceal your plight in the form of a joke in a thread, but I know a real plea for help when I hear it!

Joining the Mod Squad is a one-way ticket to mental bondage. Enthusiastic Star Wars fans naively choose to serve their larger community and ultimately become slaves to Disney's financial manipulations. It all seems so innocent when you become a level one mod, but once they reach the status of Fifth Level Operating Thetan (OT) - New Era Disneyfanatic for OTs - their cars, their homes, their savings have all become the property of the Disney Corporation. (And you thought OT meant Original Trilogy! The truth has been hidden in plain sight all the time!)

I know I will be threatened with a permaban for revealing these secrets, but let the sad fate of these mods be a warning to the rest of us. Just by joining these boards, your friends and family are slowly being replaced by strangers, and you are unwittingly becoming the servant of anonymous minders who slowly gain control over you through a simplistic Pavlovian conditioning regimen of randomized "likes" and "snark" in response to everything that you post, and that's only the first step. Every message that you type here -- both public and private -- will be subjected to algorithms that can determine your psychological type and ultimately used to blackmail you if you ever choose to leave the fold of Star Wars fandom. In the end, you will never be able to escape Star Wars no matter how much you hate every ensuing film. This is why so many of the oldbies here are so grumpy. They gave up hope of returning to the once productive lives long ago.

So heed the warnings of these mods. Modding is the final step in the gradual progression of greater servitude to the Disney corporation, and really there's not much that you can do about it because, hell, Disney owns Marvel and Pixar and soon Fox also, so where you gonna go?

14. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    At last, I can express my true feelings about the Disney deal.

[​IMG]

I can finally sleep soundly.

[​IMG]

15. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    This IS the forum!
    [​IMG]

16. Nipuhanipera

Nipuhanipera Force Ghost star 5

May 25, 2014
    Man, I never knew you were such a scoundrel.

17. Mostly Handless

Mostly Handless Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2017
    Still not sure whether the Disney deal stuff here is real or not. But starting to wonder if I doged a bullet by posting those Solo Lego figures when I did?:eek:[face_relieved]

Darth Nerdling likes this.
  18. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    Interesting choice of words. Let's just say that our lord and master Di$ney has ways of dealing with these things.

[​IMG]

19. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    Well, I'm glad to see you guys tear each other apart. You aren't supporting my charge of "toxicity" at all.

Birkendoc likes this.
  20. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    :rolleyes:

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  21. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    @Darth Nerdling : Disney owns Myers-Briggs. Wasn’t sure if you were aware. We’ve already been psychoanalyzed.

And for almost 41 years now, I haven’t been able to escape Star Wars. Even with the Dark Times of ROTS and Chewbacca getting killed by a moon. With the return of hope in the form of Disney, JJ Abrams, Chewie being very much alive and “home” with Han on the Falcon, and Kylo Ren’s illustrious shampoo and conditioner, which is even demonstrated in his dolls at Target...I no longer seek escape.

22. Nipuhanipera

Nipuhanipera Force Ghost star 5

May 25, 2014
    I'm stunned that no one has made a "We're spending most our lives living in the gusher's paradise" joke yet. [face_hypnotized]

23. Starkiller17

Starkiller17 Jedi Master star 2

Jul 6, 2010
    Oh someone has. It's in the MOD Announcement thread.

EHT, Mostly Handless and Nipuhanipera like this.
  24. Birkendoc

Birkendoc Chosen One star 4

Sep 20, 2001
    Oh you poor naive forum managers who think you’re making the big bucks from Di$ney.

*insert evil laugh*

Little did you know it is the Reylos that have been bankrolling that little moving picture outfit for years.

Who do you think has been pulling thecMouse’s strings? It has been the Reylominati the whole time!!!!

TCF-1138 and Pro Scoundrel like this.
  25. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    IT ALL FITS!!!

[​IMG]

Birkendoc likes this.