main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Ultimate Editions: Discussing Changes to Possible Upcoming Releases of the Saga

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Darth-Vengence, Feb 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    And what makes you think, if that happens, that he won't come out of background and say "Obi!"

Anyway, can they please change the laser bolts and lightsabers?

2. Merlin_Ambrosius69

Merlin_Ambrosius69 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 4, 2008
    A swamp creature on a desert planet makes no kind of sense. Jar Jar Binks returning to Tatooine after 30 years makes no kind of sense. Sticking a middle finger up to the original fans of the Saga, many of whom despise the character for any number of reasons, makes no kind of sense.

Anyway, it's not going to happen so this bickering is pointless. [face_peace]

3. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    You could get it to make sense pretty easily. Something along the lines of the Empire occupying Naboo and Jar Jar in turn seeking refuge on Tatooine after remembering how that planet was on the outskirts of the galaxy. The swamp creature in a desert is easily rationalized given that Star Wars has never really been confined to strict parameters of scientific logic.

Not that I want Jar Jar in ANH, but seeing him or a nameless Gungan simply as a background bit in the cantina wouldn't bother me.

4. Merlin_Ambrosius69

Merlin_Ambrosius69 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 4, 2008
    It's incredibly contrived and artless. Boo.

5. YodaDooDahDay

YodaDooDahDay Jedi Padawan star 3

Jul 20, 2010
    My suggestions, with the caveat that I think Lucas should only release the films HE wants to make with the changes HE thinks are best.

TPM -- If I were Lucas I'd call up my buddies at Pixar and borrow one of their best character animators to come over and re-animate and edit Jar Jar to simply make the timing and movements actually comedic. The right expression, the perfect reaction, the right double-take properly executed would do wonders without just (as some fans want) removing him from the movie. Redo some of the Coruscant mattes and speeder traffic loops to be more like in ROTS. Digital Yoda.

AOTC -- Trim the love story to the IMAX cut. Actually cutting scenes like the waterfall picnic added a sense of urgency to the romance. If the picnic scene stays, reanimate Anakin on the big-butt cow. Change the "We're out of rockets" line to "Our weapons are disabled!" as animated sparks come from the pilots panel to indicate they can't shoot at Dooku's speeder.

ROTS -- Add the deleted rebellion plotting scene with Padme and Bail. Not that I care so much about foreshadowing the rebellion, but it establishes Padme's conflict of having to suggest to Anakin in the following scene that they may be on the wrong side of the war.

ANH -- Slow the timing on the opening logo pull back. It's been weirdly too fast since the '97 SE release. Saber colors. Little things: fix the Falcon's missing cockpit windscreen, add the radar disc in the Docking Bay 94 shot.

TESB -- Add ROTS-like "force vision" when Luke sees his friends in trouble on Bespin -- maybe Han on the torture rack. It makes a nice tie-in to Anakin's visions.

ROTJ -- Remove the scene of Leia meeting Wickett. Keep it a mystery whether Leia is alive or dead before the Ewok hunting party shows up. Then in the final battle, ADD MORE EWOKS. When they signal the attack, I want to see THOUSANDS of Ewoks pop up out of the forest and attack with overwhelming numbers. If the Imperial Troops are simply over-run, I can better accept the idea of the Ewoks winning.

6. StampidHD280pro

StampidHD280pro Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2005
    Aw I'm with you on every point but this. The way it is now, the less explained the better. "The future you see" that line itself should be able to give us shivers.

7. Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon

Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 17, 2000
    As long as they're not CGI, this is my favorite SE suggestion.

8. TheNewEmpire

TheNewEmpire Jedi Master star 3

Aug 12, 2007
    Its 30 years later!

Jar jar could have been exiled again. He could be down on his luck. Who knows! The catinia its a place a lot of washed up aliens end up for various reasons. It makes sense to me.

9. TheNewEmpire

Aug 12, 2007
    I'd really like them to animate a pair of trousers for Jar Jar in E2 and 3.
    He looks like a girl!

10. klooney

klooney Jedi Master star 1

Jul 2, 2009
    I enthusiastically support this growing movement to convince Mr. Lucas to digitally insert Jar Jar Binks into Episode IV. What a brilliant way to bridge the beloved trilogies! I am surprised this has not been proposed before. If Jar Jar had returned to Tatooine, it would explain why Obiwan was living alone in the hills where he could not easily be found. Say, come to think of it, maybe he was using the fake "Uncle Ben" name for the same reason.

11. TheNewEmpire

Aug 12, 2007
    Maybe we could even have the rotted bones of Jar Jar in the Pit in Jabba's palace...

12. klooney

klooney Jedi Master star 1

Jul 2, 2009
    And while he's adding those to the palace, maybe cut out the annoying puppets/cgi cartoons! The Max Rebo Band! My GOD, why?! Was that supposed to be a cruel joke? I'd rather watch a newly created sequence of a frightened Jar Jar wallowing in a storage compartment filled with bantha poodoo, than see anything that brings to mind the terrifying memory of Lapti Nek or the equally hideous Jedi Rocks.

13. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    Or we could ADD Jar Jar to the band, and remove Lando. Make it so that Jar Jar is the one who infiltrated Jabba's palace.

14. StampidHD280pro

Jul 28, 2005
    Episode I.
    Jar-Jar's hand is caught in the pod engine. Everyone's smiling. Do they even notice?
    I mean, Jar-Jar thinks he's gonna lose his hand! The music could at least be more... urgent?
    Something about that scene has always seemed off to me. Maybe it could use some adjustments.

15. CGI-BOBAFENT

CGI-BOBAFENT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    With all this talk of Jar Jar in the Cantini it got me thinking about other characters from the PT that I genuinely would love to see cameo in the OT, some more obvious cameos - other blink and you'll miss 'em

Maybe replace the crazy eyed ugly bugly who buys Lukes speeder with Watto or as a nice bit of irony an elderly Sebulba. The way the scene is shot though Watto would be the ideal choice. Alternatively have them in the cantina playing chance games.

Add a few rusting battledroids to the Jawa sandcrawler

Maybe add some podrace reckage to the desert in ANH or ROTJ

Jar Jar in the Mon Mothma briefing :D

if Cad Bane and Aurra don't kick the bucket by the end of Clone Wars would be quite cool to see them inserted into Jabbas Palace or Cantina,maybe even Hondo [i'd hate for the TESB bounty hunter lineup to be tinkered with though!]

maybe add some arc stormtroopers,captains and commanders to the trooper parade with Palpatines arrival on the Deathh Star2 , although on second thoughts i think i'd prefer to keep it white and black, although some grey pauldrons and kama skirts wouldn't stand out too much.

and heres a few that I'd like to happen purely because i'd like to see peoples heads explode [and with 3D glasses on all the better to protect eyes from flying brain matter]

Jar Jar joining Hans Endor strike force [although in a final twist by Lucas to appease the haters he could be roasted by the ewoks before 3po negotiates their release]

And when Yoda says "there is another" .....out steps Ashoka

16. rpeugh

rpeugh Force Ghost star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    While I sympathise with what you are trying to achieve here, I ultimately might have to disagree with you.

I absolutely disagree. The deletion of the Rebel Alliance subplot is the best editing decision of the entire PT. It does to the plot of ROTS what you say the deletion of the picnic scenes does to the love story of AOTC, only it does it ten fold.

17. AnakinBrego

AnakinBrego Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 15, 2004
    Episode 1
    Make The Neimodian's voices less Japanese stereotyped sounding.
    Remove the eopie farting in Jar Jar's face.
    Remove the moment where Jar Jar steps on Bantha poodoo.
    Remove or update the extended podrace footage from the deleted scenes on the 2001 DVD release.
    Replace puppet Yoda with CG Yoda!

Episode 2
    Remove the line, ?You?ll always be that little boy on Tatooine.?
    Remove the line, ?It?s not fair!?
    Remove the moments in the Naboo throne room of where Anakin defends himself.
    Update the wide ocean shots on Kamino, with the latest CG water software.
    Remove the Lars homestead garage scene.
    Remove the lines of dialogue from the fireplace scene. ?I'm haunted by the kiss you should never have given me. My heart is beating, hoping that kiss will not become a scar.?

Episode 3
    The CG R2D2 needs to look more real.
    Speed up Palpatines take down of the Jedi in his ready room.
    Remove the line, "Help me save Padme?s life I can?t live without her?
    Remove Yoda?s line, ?The boy you trained gone he is, consumed by Darth Vader!?
    At the end of the Yoda Palpatine fight, have Yoda looking scared because he hears Stormtroopers coming, and then flees.
    Padme?s mother is smiling during her daughters funeral procession, I kid you not!

Episode 4
    Color correct the film, removing the blue tint.
    Han should be the only one shooting.
    Update the lightsaber effects!

Episode 5
    Color correct the film, removing the blue tint, especially the Hoth sequence.
    Remove the lightsaber turning off sound when Luke leaves the Wampa cave.
    Update old matte paintings to fit in with the new Falcon fly in and landing footage.
    Restore Vader?s line, ?Bring my shuttle!?
    Remove the footage of Vader?s flight return to the Executor from Cloud city.

Episode 6
    Color correct the film, and restore the lighting, the film is to dark.
    Restore the lightsaber effects.
    Remove the slug from the Emperors robe.
    Bring Back Sebastian Shaw?s force ghost, remove Hayden?s!

18. drg4

drg4 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    All of a sudden, I have this overwhelming desire to see Jar Jar in the OT. [face_mischief]

19. kenkraly2007

kenkraly2007 Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 24, 2007
    Episode 4
    Color correct the film, removing the blue tint.
    Episode 5
    Color correct the film, removing the blue tint, especially the Hoth sequence.
    Episode 6
    Color correct the film, and restore the lighting, the film is to dark.
    Restore the lightsaber effects.

Remove the slug from the Emperors robe. Those are the things I hope are fixed for the blu-ray release.

20. Mond

Mond Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 21, 2009
    :D :D :D

I think if that happened there would an outbreak of suicides involving goateed 40 year old gentlemen. Comic book shops across the country would suddenly find themselves critically understaffed. ;)

21. StampidHD280pro

Jul 28, 2005
    That or they would finally come to their senses and auction off all their collections causing ebay to crash.

22. Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon

Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 17, 2000
    More concerned with alienating fans than telling a good story? Lucas would LOVE you guys!:p

23. TOSCHESTATION

TOSCHESTATION Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2003
    Yes...because God knows it was only goateed 40 year-old comic book shop staffers who disliked Jar Jar (or the PT). [face_plain]

[face_laugh]

24. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    I just thought of Jar Jar being in the Cantina freaking out when Han shoots Greedo and I laughed and almost threw up in my mouth at the same time. [face_laugh] [face_sick]

25. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    Episode IV:

Add Toshi Station scene with Biggs.
    Update colors.
    Make Han shoot first again.
    Maybe add some aliens from the prequels into the background of Mos Eisley/Cantina

Episode V:

Add Wampa infestation subplot deleted scenes (C3P0 leading Snowtroopers into a Wampa pen!)
    Remove flight back to Executor
    General Veers walker getting destroyed by Hobbie (if that was ever actually filmed)

Episode VI:

Nothing major.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.