main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC The Watering Hole: AKA Black Sheep Ready Room (OOC Thread for the Black Sheep RPG. All Welcome!)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Vehn, Jan 1, 2022.

1. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Mando is way WAY better than Bad Batch. They snuck him into a couple of episodes of Book of Boba Fett too, and those were easily the best ones of that series, as well as hitting some plot points that will come up in Mando season 3.

2. Sgt.Matt

Sgt.Matt Jedi Master star 2

May 12, 2018
    Had a lunch and drive-in date today, and just found out that my date believes Willow is another planet in the SW universe...

So how has everyone's day been?

3. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Well... It's a big galaxy, and the Force can manifest in different ways... sure, why not? But the new TV series doesn't exist anywhere on any planet in my headcanon.

4. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Remember that youtube interview Wombat did with a retired admiral, I just finished reading his book, which I got free at amazon, and it's a great read, not just recommended, it ought to be required. There's a lot of great advice on life in general.

AmazonSmile: Learn How to Lead to Win: 33 Powerful Stories and Leadership Lessons eBook : Manazir, Mike: Kindle Store

It's a quick read, with 33 lessons on leadership learned the hard way by a man who flew F-14s for Top Gun, captained the USS Nimitz, and was admiral in charge of a carrier task group. He has lots of stories that are exciting, moving, and thoughtful, and all of them apply directly to his lessons on effective leadership. His advice is simple and straightforward. Anybody who interacts with other human beings will find useful lessons in relating to others. Unlike any other self-help book I've ever looked at, this one is also a real page-turner. Every time I finished a chapter, I wanted to read one more.

He really captures what it's like to serve in the military. His chapter about SERE school was amazing; I just realized it's been 20 years next month since I did that, and he brought it all back to life for me.

I knew a few good officers like him when I was in. If you want to understand what a good leader is like and how they do it, read the book. If you don't learn anything from it, I will personally give you your money back. Not kidding.

5. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    I'll look for it. Leadership skills have a wide range of applications, and I have few.

On a cheerier note, another lost sheep has returned to the fold! Welcome back, Artie! @AgentViper007

6. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Artie is back from Son Tay! Cool, I liked him! Welcome back, @AgentViper007

7. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
  8. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    One of the few books I own (being a big library user), is Patton on Leadership. It was a gift from my dad (since we both enjoyed the Patton film). The author did a good job of translating his quotes into modern business. In particular, I've always remembered his order that, "Officers should take care not to dress too warmly." ;)

9. darthbernael

darthbernael EU Community Mod, Fuego, Pyrofuego! star 5 Staff Member Manager

Apr 15, 2019
    Does anyone have a spare couch Feral can sleep on...he might well need it soon...

Sarge likes this.
  10. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    @Vehn, we've got a combo underway and need to know what our limits are... ?

darthbernael likes this.
  11. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    @Sarge: No limits. Engage Gozantis and TIES at will. Guns hot. Feel free to post damage.

Sarge and darthbernael like this.
  12. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    @Adalia-Durron @Mira Grau , I love the smell of plasma in the morning. :cool:

13. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    You can smell in space? Might need to stick your nose out first....... :p We got this.

Vehn, darthbernael and Sarge like this.
  14. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    Expect a mini-Gm update later this week. Nothing profound but enough to keep certain wheels turning. I'm currently involved in several different threads on this game with various characters/situations. Keep working on your projects with your group. Eager to see what is developed ;)

15. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    I'm stuck between the bar and hyperspace! :eek:

Trieste, Sarge, Vehn and 1 other person like this.
  16. darthbernael

Apr 15, 2019
    Hangs a flashback notice on a combo in progress...

Sarge and Vehn like this.
  17. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    Game is leveling off for a bit. I didn’t, though I should have, realized a combo was ongoing in the bar. My apologies. For those of you already doing your bit on the next mission keep carrying on. Do not expect more updates until the now flashback post is up.

I am still adjusting how to pace a game this size with my own creativity and others needs. Please be patient.

:cool::cool::D

Last edited: Feb 13, 2023
  18. darthbernael

Apr 15, 2019
    No worries, my fault for not having added you with the others when the combo began.

Rebecca_Daniels and Vehn like this.
  19. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Linear time has always been a foreign concept to this game. Big tangled ball of wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff.

Is it too late to write a flashback post about Kayn teaching Zara how to use a knife? I've been meaning to do that for months in game. :oops:

20. darthbernael

Apr 15, 2019
    I hope she knows. Traer in the mood he's in...

Vehn and Rebecca_Daniels like this.
  21. Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost star 5

Sep 3, 2006
    Yes, yes it is :p

Vehn, Sarge and darthbernael like this.
  22. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    I guess Husk just brought a knife to a fist fight. :p

Vehn, darthbernael and Sarge like this.
  23. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Well, it could be worse. At least Husk didn't say only one of them would be allowed out.

24. Sgt.Matt

Sgt.Matt Jedi Master star 2

May 12, 2018
    I'm preparing a post with Zero drilling into the virus's heart for the weakness, while everyone's doing their missions; my boy is slicing away to save the ships. Although I'm still worried that the X-Wing he's using to get close to the virus sample is Joy's.....

Sarge, Vehn and darthbernael like this.
  25. Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost star 5

Sep 3, 2006
    Hey, Zara hasn't hit or stabbed anyone in her life, she's a blaster girl through and through :p

You're assuming she'd fight back ;)

Vehn and darthbernael like this.