main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The White Eyed One (FURY SPOILERS!)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Barriss_Coffee, Jan 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Well if Shadowspawn is Atha Prime perhaps he was experimenting with alchemically recreating the Hat but at some stage the copy was stolen by Blackhole. :p
    Well, it wouldn't be the first time a character was written inconsistently. :p

2. SephyCloneNo15

SephyCloneNo15 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 9, 2005
    quote=Zorrixor]Do you mean the "raspy voiced woman"? I was kind of hoping she was Ventress.[/quote]

Ooh, whoever she is, she should be Darth Traya MMCDLXIX or something. I loved the idea from KOTOR II that "There must always be a Darth Traya", and I think it should be taken literally, rather than figuratively. At least in non-Banite Sith, there should be some recycling of titles for Sith with similar purposes. We already see it with Wyrlokk, may as well do it with Traya.

*always wanted Palpatine not to have been the first Sidious*

Well, there has to be some reason that every "Muun" we see in FOC looks suspiciously human. A wacky retcon would be far more satisfying than "The programmers messed up/got lazy."

Perhaps Muunilist is all a Sith experiment. Some Sith needed some number crunchers, so he abducted a bunch of humans and Alchemized them into the Muuns we all know and love. After his death, his dark pall eventually wore off and the Muuns, over roughly twenty years, mutated back into humans (de-mutated?)

3. BaneOfTheSith

BaneOfTheSith Jedi Youngling star 1

May 25, 2007
    unfortunately they really screwed up the idea i would have loved them to use with that God forsaken Swarm War trilogy, in that i was all about the concept of Anakin having survived the Star by Star events, and turning dark after years of captivity with the Vong, then being 'rescued' by the Sith (which the retreating Vong strayed too close to) who nursed him back to health, and Krayt takes a decided interest in the boy, deciding to make him his special project.

4. sonnymyson

sonnymyson Jedi Master star 3

Dec 7, 2004
    I too think White Eyes should've been Arkanian, but he's not, for some reason. That lends reverse credence to the theory that it's Blackhole.

Either that or Sting making a cameo.

5. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    Isn't White Eyes said to be blind? His eyes, then, are white because they're damaged, not because he's got evil-white-eyeglow.

6. Tricky

Tricky Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    I almost had no doubt about this too......then I read wikia's Cronal page & it said that he looks like a frail old man who moves around in a hover chair cause teh darkside ate his body up.

That doesn't seem to match White Eyes description in LotF, but he could still be Blackhole/Cronal if he cloned himself a new body just like Palps did. It's possible.

7. AaronKenobi

AaronKenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 29, 2004
    I'm gonna throw Ken Palpatine's name in the mix. He disapears from view pre thrawn and dark empire loses his sight somehow. Blames it on luke not training him and goes darkside.

8. Rouge77

Rouge77 Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2005
    Denning has been in habit of creating enigmatic leads that people have though would have significant role in the future, but which have been left largely as duds; like the planets with the 1000-year old nanotechnology in DN - people thought that there would be an important connection to the Sith Wars there. Perhaps the different visions in TG and Tempest will be similar.

So, I am going with the theory that White Eyes and the other NSO Sith in LotF are simply totally new characters and that nothing is planned for them at the moment. So that White Eyes is basically just a possible seed for a new story in the future, something that can possibly be picked up in the future, but which might not lead to anything at all.

For a moment I thought that perhaps him possibly being Arkanian and the possible Arkanian connection in Vector we would have here some connection to that, but that can't be the case...

9. BaneOfTheSith

May 25, 2007
    good GOD don't give them the idea to return this crappy character from the dead!!:oops:

i can't say it's what i think is going to happen, but i believe the door is left open here for Anakin to 'return'. it seems to me that the Sith are manipulating Jacen, and are not necessarily as disdainful of his motives as they say. i think these 'lower' Sith might be, but the head honcho - White Eyes or whomever is in charge - actually favors Jacen's push to drop the galaxy into civil war.

in that case, who better to manipulate Jacen than Anakin?

it'd be too cool, and thus, will probably not happen. i miss Anakin, and if darkside is the only way we can get him back, so be it. [face_coffee]

10. JarJarStink

JarJarStink Jedi Master star 1

Dec 15, 2003
    I never thought of Calista as a crappy character, more of a decent character that appeared exclusively in crappy books.

11. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    Frankly, it never occurred to me that these were people we'd seen before. I pretty much always assumed they were just mysterious Sith. Why should they be mysterious if they're not anyone we already know? Frankly, because they don't figure into the main plot for 90 more years, so they can't really afford to be compelling characters right now.

12. Jedi-Sith

Jedi-Sith Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 4, 2001
    Well to be fair, it makes sense that the new Sith Order would be made initially from primarily Dark Jedi that were already running around the galaxy at the time. We already know they did this with Lomi Plo and Welk, and we know they attempted to recruit Lumiya.

It seems they would definately attempt to recruit any Dark Jedi left out there into the order. So Cronal if he's still alive (and there is nothing to say he isn't) is likely to be involved in the Sith, and given his past I wouldn't be surprised that he'd be a fairly high ranking one as well.

Does anyone have a list of all the Dark Jedi unaccounted for in this time period? Who would be likely candidates for the New Sith Order?

13. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    Who says they don't? [face_mischief]

- The Imperial Ewok

14. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    Because the Jedi don't know they exist, so whatever they do, it's behind the scenes and likely not to be a major element of the main plot.

15. Jedi-Sith

Jedi-Sith Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 4, 2001
    One would argue that Sidious and Maul definately are before TPM, and yet the Jedi didn't know they existed.....

16. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    Not really. Maul isn't very active, and where he is it's in one-shots with redshirts. Sidious is involved heavily in the main plot because of his alter ego. As Sidious, he pretty much remains in shadow, manipulating from a distance.

17. Rouge77

May 11, 2005
    During the next 87 years the NSO Sith can easily make occasional appearances, get seen and killed as long as Jacen doesn't live. If he dies, as it must be, the heroes with the low IQs would just think that these are Jacen's apprentices, Rule of Two -followers. The growing heap of Sith on Korriban would be perfectly safe.

18. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    Doubtful. They'll wonder where they're coming from, and why they have such splendid body art. Krayt says Cadeus drew the Jedi Order's attention away from the Sith, so it's unlikely that they were drawing any attention to themselves whatsoever.

Of course, we've all seen what happens when multiple creative minds come together...

Hm...I wonder if they could set up villainous organizations, from time to time, that cause the Jedi grief.

19. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Like Sidious and the CIS? Possibily so, but hopefully nothing so immense. We've had enough wars for a while, Legacy fills this role happily.

Considering Lomi Plo and Welk were One Sith, and had DNT to themselves without too many problems, without Luke nor the NJO suspecting they were Sith, I don't see we'll have many issues with the One Sith intervening and being undiscovered.

Then again...if a One Sith runs into the open and claims to be Caedus' apprentice, and we all know this to be a lie, what does that mean for us and Vergere? Won't we, at the end of the day, have only a few Sith telling us she was Sidious' one-time apprentice?

And, is it me or is Lumiya awfully liberal with the One Sith secret? Telling an insane Dark Jedi seem's a little dangerous, to me.

20. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    Lumiya wasn't with them, so she didn't share in their need for secrecy.

21. Rouge77

May 11, 2005
    Lumiya might not really care what happens to the One Sith. If she really believes that Jacen is the correct way forward for the Sith, she should have revealed the existence of the One Sith to Luke when they met the last time, putting the blame for Mara's death on them. The Jedi going against the One Sith would have really let Jacen build his power in relative peace, even helping the Jedi against the One Sith. But if Lumiya cares about the One Sith - either as the main plan or just back-up plan - then telling Alema could have been just a mistake or she simply thought that Alema - believing in her idea of Balance, wanting to hurt the Solos and Skywalkers - would never give to the Jedi the little information she had got from her.

22. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    I imagine Lumiya sees them as a backup plan/potentially useful in the future.

23. BaneOfTheSith

May 25, 2007
    hey, browsing through some stuff today i had a thought occur to me;

what if ol' White Eyes is really one of the Lost Twenty? i mean, Dooku, the most famous of which, left the order, and he turned out to be a powerful enemy. they've never named them all, and it's conceivable that one of them left not too long before the clone wars erupted, similar to Dooku.

that would mean if it was a long lived race, he might still be alive. that or his apprentice. [face_thinking]

just a thought.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.