main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Writers' Lounge - Latest Version! Everyone is welcome!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Liz Skywalker, Jul 31, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saibh

Saibh Jedi Youngling

Jul 26, 2003
    Sure it was only once Saibh climbed out of the window and escaped Jole will never let her live it down. But that is another story that hopefull one day gets finished.

2. MariahJade2

MariahJade2 Former Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 5 VIP

Mar 18, 2001
    Jole never lets anyone live things down. ;)

3. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    Do we have any RL fighter pilots or fluent Chinese speakers in here? PM me, I need some advice... :)

4. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    Thank you to Wedge_Antilles_Cmdr and MariahJade! It's mindboggling, the wealth of human resources we have on these boards!!! [face_love]

Do we need a new topic? How about... is there a plot bunny you've always wanted to write but just don't have the time/energy/confidence for?

As I told the Commander, I'd love to do an X-wing story, but the thought is very intimidating. I'm hoping to tackle a viggie for Kits' Challenge, this month.

5. MariahJade2

Mar 18, 2001
    Hey, no problem Renata, glad to help. As far as plot bunnies go. I have lots of them but one I wish I could write is this OC I thought of, a Noghri Jedi, but I suck at writing action scenes. At least over a long period.

6. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    Hey all. :) I'm a Beyond the Saga writer who usually writes humor fic focusing on OCs but with some canon in there too.

As for a plot bunny I've never tackled but thought a lot about, I've always wanted to write a short story where Wes Janson takes on an itty bitty baby to get Lieutenant Kettch back (in my series, somehow the parents of the baby interpret Kettch being left on their doorstep as an invitation to take him for the baby). I figure a few classic bloopers where the year-old child manages to evade Wes would be fun, but I don't have much time for this story. :p

Jae Angel

7. jacemathem

jacemathem Jedi Master star 5

Oct 3, 2003
    You should make a thread for plot bunnies too hard or too complicated to entertain.

Call it "The Moby Dick of Plot Bunnies" or "Plot Bunnies: The Ones that Are Hard to Catch" or something. :p

8. UrbanJedi

UrbanJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 14, 1999
    Just thought I would poke my head in here. I wrote some lesser known stories about a year and a half ago. (If you'd like to read them, the links are in my bio...I know...shameless plug.)

I always the friendship of this board and thought I would poke around a bit.

Hello again all.

9. red rose knight

red rose knight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2001
    Welcome back to the party, UrbanJedi! :)

Plot bunnies are evil! [face_devil] Especially the mini ones that once you start don't stay small and side track you from whatever else you are writing.

I have a nice little one that I just can't get rid of. It takes place 500 years post-NJO. I have two stories about a "haunted" lightsaber on the Before the Saga and the Saga boards and I want to pick up the story in the far future of its journey. I keep trying to shake it off, but it keeps coming back telling me that it could be a nice short story and wouldn't take too much time at all.

Plot bunnies really are evil.

10. MariahJade2

Mar 18, 2001
    Upping so my lost compadre can find it. ;)

11. Saibh

Saibh Jedi Youngling

Jul 26, 2003
    Well I found you.

12. MariahJade2

Mar 18, 2001
    You only think you've found me. Many a person have thought so only to have me slip through their fingers. ;)

13. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    I'd love to do a fic where Qui and han get together somehow--always wanted to .. with their very unique personalities and dry wit ...just don't have the time.. too busy with other stuff :p

14. Saibh

Saibh Jedi Youngling

Jul 26, 2003
    Hi. I visited sometime at the beginning of May and at that time had writers block. Now I'm writing again. Except tonight while I look for my friend.

Writer bunnies are my down fall. I start out with one idea and end up with five and than try to connect them all.

15. MariahJade2

Mar 18, 2001
    If only they would just sit still so I could corral the bunnies into one place I might finish one of my stories. ;)

16. Herman Snerd

Herman Snerd Jedi Master star 6

Oct 31, 1999
    There needs to be a fanfic version of Elmer Fudd to shoot those cwazy wabbits.

17. Predator150

Predator150 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 2, 2004
    Hi eveyone, I'd just like to say that I'm almost done on writing my first ever Star Wars fan fic titled 'The Fight For Freedom'.

It's one of those fan fic's that will have very little humour in it...actually it has none so far. I'm trying to make it has dark as possible, I want to make the reader feel something for the people who are fighting for their freedom.

Anyway, I'm a bit poor on spelling and grammer, so I'll be sending it to beta reader before I post it, and I feel I'll after post it bit by bit as it's going to be just a little bit long.

18. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    *looks around* Hi?

**** You can't spell hallelujah without Elu. *shifty eyes* ****

19. red rose knight

Sep 3, 2001
    There needs to be a fanfic version of Elmer Fudd to shoot those cwazy wabbits

[face_laugh]

20. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    You know, that Elmer Fudd thing would make a nice story... :p

**** You can't spell hallelujah without Elu. *shifty eyes* ****

21. Alion_Sangre

Alion_Sangre Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    The bloody things are multiplying in my head faster than I can even get a grip on starting one. Given Elmer Fudd's track record, we probably shouldn't get him to control the population 8-}

My big problem is that I have a whole series of fics which, while not necessarily sequels, are connected by a lot of threads stretching from pre-TPM to the NJO, involving a large assemblage of OCs and minor canon characters. The result is that just one plot somehow managed to spin off at least fifteen other fics or multipart series in my head in the past few years. Now these characters need a background story, I need to explain the political history of that planetary system, and I need to do the past exploits of this fighter squadron. Nyarrgh! :_| :p

22. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    LOL Watch out Alion, those things love to happen! :p I remember while creating my own OC's and so on, i realized i had to explain them and why they are the way they are, etc. and it could just possibly spin off into something else than the fic i wanted them to be in. lol

**** You can't spell hallelujah without Elu *shifty eyes* ****

23. jedi_keladry

jedi_keladry Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 25, 2004
    Like dianethx and red_rose_knight, I loved the describing-ObiWan-while-using-a-sock challenge we did in March. I submitted three of them, and boy did I learn a lot. Not only about the other writers, but also about my writing, too.

Do we need a new topic? How about... is there a plot bunny you've always wanted to write but just don't have the time/energy/confidence for?

I am slowly working on several fics at the same time, while trying to finish a fic that has me all tangled up in writer's block, too. But I just shared one on the bunny thread at theforce.net, because I knew I'd never get to it, so take all of it, or parts, I'm curious to see if anyone can do anything with this. I have a very basic outline, but I can't get it to move, so I'm sharing it:

"This galaxy is going to the girls," Vader grumbled.

It's about five years before ANH. Vader has been the "Apprentice" half of the Sith pair for over a dozen years, and he's getting sick of it. The Emperor senses Vader's impatience and hands a teenage Mara over as a kind of placebo. Vader is instructed to train her in the ways of the Force, then hand her over to the Emperor when she is ready for her work as his Hand. She already has the court manners and other necessary education, and Palpatine will fine-tune Mara to himself when Vader has finished his part of the job. Over the time they're together, Vader and Mara develop a distrusting, grudging affection for each other.

In the meantime, a new Senator from Alderaan is nipping at Vader's heels. She reminds him very much of his mother and wife, which makes her very lovable, but he hates Leia because of that.

Vader senses that Mara needs to know herself before she leaves him and begins her work for his Master; she will someday need the personality to survive. He teaches her about mental shields. Then they search her memories together to help her find who she was a little. (This is also a little rebellion on Vader's part against the Emperor.) She doesn't even know her own name until then.

Perhaps Mara is part of her true name, but not the whole thing. Marali or Lianamara, something like that. Jade she will eventually get from her eye color, and her jaded personality.

Go for it, if you want it.

Layren, I read a fic (not on these boards, it was rated NC-17) where Han's full birth name was Qui-Han Jinn, born some eight months after TPM ended, and Chewie was the healer that delivered the baby. Obi-Wan was there, too, as his knight-master's son was born. Thought it was interesting, I liked the concept.

The bloody things are multiplying in my head faster than I can even get a grip on starting one. Me, too, Alion_Sangre. I started on two different crossovers in response to Challenge Seven, and I haven't finished a one of them. I completely obsessed over my one completed non-vignette fic for nine months, that's the only reason it's actually finished.

24. Alion_Sangre

Alion_Sangre Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    The other big breeder of plot bunnies is reference stuff like the Essential Chronology and sourcebooks. Two of my fanfic bunnies deal with massive campaigns in the EU timeline mentioned in EC but not yet expanded in any canon work, and the Dark Side Sourcebook gave me all sorts of ideas for my planned Sith arc. Non-SW stuff also tends to give me ideas - for a while I was toying with the notion of a The Mummy-style fic about a group of explorers lost on Korriban or some other Sith world loaded with tommbs, mutants and other nasties; someday I want to do a Qui/Obi pre-TPM fic that explains the history of a nation I created where a bunch of good-hearted scoundrel pirates operate with a wink and a nod from the local government - care to take odds that the pirate leader will bear odd similarities to Jack Sparrow from Pirates of the Caribbean? ;)

25. red rose knight

Sep 3, 2001
    Well, I am slowly learning to cope with my plot bunny attacks. I am only allowing myself to entertain small ones. Bunnies that may be a vignette or a short story of only a few posts.

I am not much for beliving in will power, since I don't have any, but if I don't do something to control the bunny rush, I'll have dozens of stories started and none ever finished.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.