main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Yoda Arc (6.10-6.13) Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by AkashKedavra_93, Mar 5, 2014.

1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I got really excited when I saw this thread. :p

2. Zejo the Jedi

Zejo the Jedi Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 16, 2016
    Legendary stuff right here. Qui Gon is low key the greatest Jedi ever who saved the galaxy.
    I know TCW got cancelled but this way the perfect spot to end it.

Embomania and The Shadow Emperor like this.
  3. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    I think this arc would have made a fantastic standalone movie.

CoolyFett likes this.
  4. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Was enjoyable but weird like the Mortis stuff. Probably typical TCW fatalistic fare. Best part I think was Moraband but it got weird with the specters of the Sith warriors and Darth Bane. The Force priestesses or whatever never really made any sense as depicted. Seemed like some deity or emissary that was neither good or bad but both but clearly on the Light Side. I guess they were going for for the sisters of fate and the Graeae & the weird sisters from Macbeth.

5. DAH

DAH Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 7, 2017
    I would really like to see those Force Priestess again.....as she was visually stunning to look at, mysterious and subtly creepy also.....

Darkslayer and Vialco like this.
  6. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    It's a subtle thing in Rebels, but in the episode Shroud of Darkness, Yoda communicates with Kanan and Ezra from across the Galaxy. And with Kanan, he does in an illusionary disguise as the Jedi Temple Guard that became the Grand Inquisitor. The only place he could have learned such skills and techniques from is the Force Priestesses. They used their illusions to test Yoda in this arc and Yoda did the same in the Lothal Temple with Kanan.

Darkslayer and DAH like this.
  7. DAH

DAH Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 7, 2017
    Cool never thought of that before.....High-Five!

Vialco likes this.
  8. grungebunny

grungebunny Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jul 20, 2005
    Hmm...reading through the comments. I too was confused with 'There is another Skywalker' Anakin does not have a brother or sister. I think that is ruled out. I think it refers to one of two things
    1. He wants to learn about life after death. So he is told his last words. The moment he will cross the veil.What good that does I have no idea.
    2. They are telling him Padme is pregnant but I don't see what that has to do with anything.

Yoda will train the one who brings balance in this gift. This is clearly Anakin. Look at the episode. Look at the vision. Yoda is tested to either survive and let Anakin fall, therefore ending Sidious's scheme or save him and sacrifice himself. He chose sacrifice because he had hope for change. Similarly look at Return of the Jedi. Anakin is tested either to survive and let Luke be killed, therefore removing the threat to the Empire or save him and sacrifice himself. He chose sacrifice. Similarly, Obi Wan didn't fight Vader. He sacrificed himself for Luke. Sacrifice is the key. How Yoda could pass this on to Anakin we sadly do not see as not every sacrificial act creates a force ghost and Qui Gon did not sacrifice himself. Also, why does the force need Anakin to retain his form after death anyway? That is never answered.

cwustudent likes this.
  9. The Mirificus

The Mirificus Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 25, 2015

Oh, I thought that "there is another Skywalker" referred to how Luke, not Anakin, would carry the Jedi legacy onward to the future. Yoda is very concerned in this arc about the fate of the Jedi Order. Yoda chooses sacrifice, and has hope for change, but the second Skywalker (Luke) is needed for that change to happen. Anakin, by himself, isn't enough to overcome the Sith. I love it when lines have so many valid interpretations; it really adds to the poetry of the Star Wars story.

Your thoughts on how sacrifice relates to becoming a Force Ghost are interesting, and an alternative to the "deep connection to the Living Force" interpretation. I wouldn't rule Qui-Gon out, completely, however; he didn't make an obvious sacrifice of himself in battle, but he knew he could be sacrificing himself by entering a battle while enabling Padme Amidala's escape. He told Panaka's guards to leave and keep the Queen safe, even though they could have given him an advantage over a single combatant. He knew exactly what Maul was and the seriousness of the situation. We don't know what Maul's intentions were with regards to Padme, and we are left to assume the worst. It was Qui-Gon's proper Jedi duty, protecting a planet's head of state, but also essential to the Star Wars story that she survive.

10. grungebunny

grungebunny Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jul 20, 2005
    'There is another skywalker' refers to either Luke or Leia. That is from 'Sacrifice'
    He's allowed to go through the trials in 'Destiny' because of Anakin. 'He is to teach one that will save the universe from a great imbalance.' and
    'At death, in order for you
    to preserve your identity,
    you must know yourself, your true self,
    and then let go'
    The trials themselves showing the abilities needed to grasp the gift. We are being told why Anakin retains his identity after death. I can only think that with the show cancelled we didn't see Yoda expressly teach Anakin these things. Although we did see him push Anakin to 'let go' in ROTS that is in another context.

11. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    OK, so this was probably my third favorite arc of TCW.

I have a question though - what is the deal with the Force priestess? Is she supposed to be one being, or five? And how does she connect (if at all) to Mortis and Bendu?

I love that Filoni is willing to go so deep into the mysticism of the Force.

CoolyFett and starocean90 like this.
  12. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    In an interview with Dave Filoni he indicated the Force Priestesses may be one being who become five over a long period of time, saying "The way that I reconciled that being is actually one being. It's one ancient being separated over a time that for our perception to be able to see her, she is these many different iconic things presented to us. But she died a long, long, long time ago, she is conscious in the Force, and she has a limited ability to manifest.

it's from this video

Darkslayer likes this.
  13. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    How the heck can one being become five? :p

starocean90 likes this.
  14. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    check the highlighted part, it seems like one being we cannot see her but as 5 she is visible.

Darkslayer likes this.
  15. Ghost Ryder

Ghost Ryder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2016
    I finally watched this arc in full, and I think it's great. It makes me like Yoda (already my favorite SW character) even more. Specifically, the theme of sacrifice reminds me of Rogue One, which adds another emotional layer to the final episode.

I also really like the Janus-like masks of the Force Priestess(es), a very fitting design choice, and a mark of an abstract story in my viewing experience.

16. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    Watched this again. Ahsoka's Theme during the end credits is inappropriate.

17. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I agree, but at the same time, I see what they were going for. It was the last Arc and Ahsoka is arguably the main character of the show.

18. Macromind101

Macromind101 Jedi Knight

Jan 9, 2016
    In S6E10 The Lost Ones, the Jedi discover that Dooku and Tyranus are the same person, and thus Dooku was involved in the creation of the clones. Dooku actually takes another bold af move by claiming that Sifo-Dyas helped Dooku (which may have been reverse psychology). Something that bothers me is, how could Dooku have been so sure that the Jedi Council wouldn't decommission the clones? From his point-of-view, it was entirely possible (if not likely) that the Jedi would lose their trust in the clones since the Sith were somehow involved in their creation. And if that actually happened, Dooku should be fearing for his life as Sidious made it clear earlier in the episode that Dooku's life was on the line here. Did he really have any reason to believe that the Jedi would come to the conclusion that they did? Because unless he had really good reason to believe that, it seems that being too optimistic was not a good option in this case considering the entirety of Sidious's grand plan rested on the Jedi continuing to trust the clones.

19. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    The Jedi Council has no say in the matter. The clones belong to the Republic. It's the Republic that decided to use them. And the Republic, being in the middle of the war, is in need of the clones.

As far as trust goes, like Yoda ended up saying, the clones have proven themselves in battle with the Jedi for years. Dooku is taking advantage of the desperate position he placed the Republic in. That doesn't stop the Jedi from being wary, but there's nothing that could be done. The trap is already set and Dooku knows it.

Subtext Mining and Macromind101 like this.
  20. DarthWolvo23

DarthWolvo23 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 30, 2005
    So was Dooku already a Sith before the battle of Naboo?

21. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Nope couldn’t be he was probably just working in some other capacity for Sidious

22. DarthWolvo23

DarthWolvo23 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 30, 2005
    But he was already known as Tyranus to the Pykes

Last edited: Nov 18, 2019
  23. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Then it’s also possible that Maul and Dooku were Sith at the same time

24. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    The novel Master & Apprentice implies that Dooku was up to something long before TPM. When he joins forces with Palpatine is up in the air, but it could have been before he became his apprentice.

25. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    definitely giving this arc a rewatch before Rise of Skywalker. I think last time before Last Jedi I rewatched Mortis and this one but basically those two are the most Force-y centric. There's definitely a larger arc that pairs well with the last few episodes of Rebels from those ones too.