main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Embrace The FU - Formerly the STAR WARS IS BAD thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by -polymath-, Oct 30, 2012.

1. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    Grabbed some screen caps from the trailer.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    what dormant fleet?

3. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    [​IMG]

This one.

Basically the First Order are a bunch of patsies, meant to lay the groundwork for the true Empire's return. They've been laying in wait within the Unknown Regions, with a fleet of destroyers equipped with death star tech.

4. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    For the record, the "like" I gave this post was totally ironic.

PCCViking and Ezio Skywalker like this.
  5. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Wait...so the fleet and the thousands of people operating them have been laying in wait for 30 years?

Darth Smurf and Ezio Skywalker like this.
  6. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Sounds like something out of KOTOR

Ezio Skywalker likes this.
  7. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    It reminds me most of the concept of the Katana fleet from the Thrawn trilogy.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2019
    darthcaedus1138 and SuperWatto like this.
  8. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2003
    It might be a continuation of Operation Cinder using Star Destroyers instead of satellites? Palpatine's last official order that they're finally executing (again) after all this time.

As for where they came from, I'm assuming they're the ones left over from the Battle of Endor that probably ran away after the Death Star II blew up.

[​IMG]

edit:

P.S. I love the internet.
    [​IMG]

EHT, Ghost, DarthIntegral and 6 others like this.
  9. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    So. In the OT Ben and Yoda going into exile was a big thing, a sacrifice.

Now, thousands of randoms went into exile for longer, Ben didn't go into exile really as he has a television show.

Disney aren't really treading on the trilogy I hoped they would.

Rylo Ken likes this.
  10. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    I thought most of them came back for the Battle of Jakku.

11. nilzo antonio

nilzo antonio Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 31, 2015
  12. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Chosen One star 6

Sep 2, 2012
  13. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    Maybe, like in the case of Luke Skywalker, Disney thinks Jedi Masters are just cowards.

14. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013

*Possible foul language (if anyone can understand insanely ranting man in the background).

15. Chewgumma

Apr 14, 2009
    So just like Steven Crowder, people who staunchly believe that Star Wars will respect merchandise canon are deluded ****ing morons?

Also GTFO of here with posting Crowder's crap.

16. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    I’m not going to watch a 44 minute video. But as you posted it, I’m glad you’ve let me know about this racist guy and that you’re also racist. I had wondered about you, but thanks for locking it in.

17. Chewgumma

Apr 14, 2009
    If you've never heard of Crowder, then you don't even begin to understand just how much someone is exposing their racist ass to the world by ever using him as an authority on what is or isn't racist.

Diggy likes this.
  18. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Never heard of Crowder. Seems like I'll be happier staying that way.

Chewgumma likes this.
  19. Darth Nerdling

Darth Nerdling Force Ghost star 4

Mar 20, 2013
    Oh, I think you misunderstood me. I know Disney has no problems with flushing canon down the toilet.

What impresses me is Disney's ability milk money in so many different ways from a trinket that appears on Snoke's hand -- most likely because of the whims of the prop department -- and make money from it in their publishing, toys, and theme park divisions all at once.

It goes from: "Let's stick this random black ring on Snoke" to "Let's give this black crystal a special meaning in a SW encyclopedia" to "Let's put it on Rey's hand to get people talking about Ep. 9" to "Let's put an extra black crystal in 1 in 100 packages of already overpriced $13 plastic crystals so that compulsive collectors have another reason to buy the full set of 10 of them just so that they can stick it in a $50 holocron toy and hear dialogue about the Force that can already be heard in the movies."

Diggy and Chewgumma like this.
  20. Chewgumma

Apr 14, 2009
    He's a failed comedian and "journalist" for The Blaze who roams college campuses to argue conservative talking points with kids who are still learning how to debate. But when he's challenged to a debate by, say, a left-leaning journalist, or an actual climate scientist in response to his misrepresentation of climate science, he wets his diaper and refuses to play ball.

He's also massively racist. Oh, and homophobic too, so much so that Youtube had to review its hate speech policy and demonetised his channel.

21. grd4

grd4 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 11, 2013
    I know most of you guys hate the Prequels, but can you at least admit that when Lucas finally unleashed his Big Bad in Revenge of the Sith, it actually felt organic?

What was going through Abrams's mind? "You know, on second thought, Kylo and the ginger Harry Potter kid just aren't selling the threat. Does anyone have Ian McDiarmid's phone number?"

Darth Nerdling likes this.
  22. Alpha-Red

Apr 25, 2004
    Actually, no. That was the worst part of the prequels. Anakin's fall was completely unconvincing to me. Jar Jar Binks...the nonsensical plot of AOTC...I was ready to forgive all that if ROTS got things right. And it didn't [face_plain]

Sarge, FatBurt and Chewgumma like this.
  23. grd4

grd4 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 11, 2013
    I didn't ask if you liked it, but that you'd admit that there was actual foreshadowing and precedent within the previous two films.

24. Chewgumma

Apr 14, 2009
    The villains in the prequel trilogy are as organic as an industrial sized vat of Roundup.

There's a different toy advert with their own gimmick within each movie. You can't call them characters, especially when one of them only has a single line of dialogue. And Vader and Palpatine only turn up because, chronologically, they have to.

The foreshadowing has the nuance of a brick.

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  25. Alpha-Red

Apr 25, 2004
    I guess there's Anakin killing the Tuskens, and also when he's about to jump out of the gunship to help Padme...I dunno, I think it feels too disjointed and scattershot to be much foreshadowing.