main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Theory on Princess Leia = Supreme Leader Snoke

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by georglucass, Jan 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DavidSword79

DavidSword79 Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 27, 2015
    Regardless of what individual fans want or don't want, this theory simply doesn't make any sense.

2. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    That's how the dark side works, destroy everything you once loved. See Anakin. o_O

3. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    Leia ain't Anakin (thank goodness).

4. AdamDemamp

AdamDemamp Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 8, 2015
    I thought Leia would make a good villain and would make sense. Anakin being the balance between dark and light would naturally have one child of both, but it's clear they're not going this route.

5. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014
    I always thought she had quite a lot from daddy, much more than Luke. Not AOTC Anakin, but more Vader/Anakin. ;)

6. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015
    You keep insisting that Leia had a lot of "darkness" in her in the OT, but there's zero evidence of that.

Where does this notion come from?

MattOrgana likes this.
  7. Obironsolo

Obironsolo Force Ghost star 4

Feb 7, 2005
    I think it's definitely fair to say Leia had a darkness to her in the OT. Arrogant. Angry. Sarcastic. Impatient. Sharp-tongued. Offensive. All fair descriptions of her character om ANH. Not trying to rewrite history. She is one of the big three heroes, no doubt. But she was a little mean in ANH. Called Chewie a walking carpet.

I like this theory because at least its an "in story" explanation for who Snoke is and where "he" came from. While I'm quite certain they may eventually execute a cool idea that explains how he's been watching in the shadows this whole time is, that's not what I'd prefer. It feels much more organic that whoever the villain in the ST, it should be a direct result of characters, situations, and events in previous episodes. The possible scenarios of Luke vs Leia, or maybe even Rey vs her mother Leia are both really interesting and far more dramatic to me than a villain who is new to the game. Her father was Darth Vader. It's certainly no stretch.

I was actually quite surprised by the way JJ and Kasdan wrote Leia this time around. I was fully expecting her classic sass and wit. We all know how funny Carrie Fisher is in real life, and to see her lay into Han today could've been hilarious. I was sure we'd get to see her and Han go back and forth one more time. I know its a reach, but I'm slightly suspicious of how she was portrayed. I understand the sadness makes sense given what's happened, but the spark inside her seems to have gone out. Not sure why they would have gone this way unless it was the first step towards a dark turn. Point being, while JJ and Kasdan masterly brought back Han Solo, they didn't do the same for Leia. Seems like they would have and should have...unless. Probably not gonna happen, but it makes a lot of sense to me.

KitsterAKABobaFett likes this.
  8. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Leia is a man!!!!

9. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014
    Leia just never really dealt with her emotions/dark side potential and she can do harder decisions than Luke. I'm sure if Obi-Wan/Yoda had trained her instead of Luke, she would have killed Vader/Anakin instead of trying to redeem him. Luke is simply more like his mother Padme with more compassion for his family. ;)

10. Edgar Allen Poe Dameron

Edgar Allen Poe Dameron Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 7, 2015
    Patton Oswalds filibuster makes more sense than some of these fan theories.

11. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
  12. Blazer-Smith

Blazer-Smith Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 28, 2004
    This may be the worst theory ever. If you can close the Porkins thread, then please Mr. Moderator Man, CLOSE THIS THREAD.
    [​IMG]

13. Dameron

Dameron Jedi Master star 4

Apr 8, 2014

kevmp; asking the hard questions since 2011.

Blazer-Smith likes this.
  14. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    Can people REALLY think of nothing more interesting than turning heroes "dark." I've had this dispute about "Dark Side Rey" with some more times than I care to count, and now Leia? Is that the height of creativity these days?

And no, it'd just feel forced and contrived.

15. LUH-3417

LUH-3417 Jedi Master star 4

May 11, 2001
    what if snoke is anakin all old and decrepid? hes got the scar on his head

16. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    What if like...the right side of Leia's body was Snoke but the left side was Boba Fett reincarnated?

Also isn't weird that we never see Leia and Snoke in the same room together?

17. Halle Dray

Halle Dray Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 6, 2016
    I wouldn't actually be surprised if something like this happened... I think that a plot twist like that actually might be cool.
    Honestly though, it does seem like it could be legit but I really don't know if they would change such a iconic character as Leia but
    perhaps they would... like an interesting backstory.. Han must not have known though, right?

18. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    It would be interesting if Leia is wrongly accused of being Snoke and creating the First Order for the same reason that Palpatine created the Separatists.

Wildcatbarry and Dameron like this.
  19. Yodahasgreenfeet

Yodahasgreenfeet Jedi Master star 4

Nov 4, 2012
    What????

Did I see the same movie? We see both Leia and Snoke, they are both very different people, if not even different species.

20. CakeThiefPro

CakeThiefPro Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 16, 2015

The Snoke we saw was just a hologram. He could also be an actor I guess.

Edit: For clarity I don't think this will happen but it's a fun idea.

21. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015

Agreed. First, people were saying that Snoke was Rey's mother, then it was Snoke is Vader, and now this. What a deal...

DavidSword79 likes this.
  22. Quail

Quail Jedi Youngling

Jan 4, 2016
    Can't get on board with this at all (and sorry if someone has already said it) but

Luke as Snoke make loads more sense to me now. He could have been looking for a dark apprentice when Ren killed the other students (under Lukes instructions) oooohhh

23. Yodahasgreenfeet

Yodahasgreenfeet Jedi Master star 4

Nov 4, 2012
    It's as good an idea as this song, possibly came from the same source.

24. DavidSword79

DavidSword79 Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 27, 2015
    It's more like that hamburgers and hot dogs barbecue song. No, I'm not going to post the video. Don't say I didn't warn you.

Yodahasgreenfeet likes this.
  25. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    So if Snoke's really Leia then why did he/she order Hux to blew up D'Qar with him/her still on it?????

DavidSword79 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.