main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian Tython in The Mandalorian

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Glitterstimm, Nov 29, 2020.

1. Sauron_18

Sauron_18 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 1, 2005
    I think Tython may end up being an echo of Lucas’s original ideas for Luke’s place of exile in the sequels. The concept art for it certainly matches the basic description given by Ahsoka:

[​IMG]

We’ll have to wait to find out whether that means it is anything beyond the site of a Jedi temple. But knowing what Filoni has done with temples in the past, it could be a catalyst for some important story developments and potentially even a way of giving us more backstory/lore.

2. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    Didn't even think of that as a possibility but yeah, I absolutely love the idea of utilizing those old Lucas concepts.

Shamear likes this.
  3. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    Looking back at the early Mando season 2 posters, that rocky, watery planet hasn't featured yet, and it looks a lot like...Tython. I think we'll at least reach Tython by the season finale.

RetropME likes this.
  4. bstnsx704

Mar 11, 2013
    Agreed. I don't really see Tython as being an element that continues into the third season. In fact, I see the Jedi angle that has been so prominent in season two being much less a focus next year, once Tython is behind them.

5. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    I agree. I think it's likely that Grogu's path is with his father and learning what it means to be a Mandalorian.

Of course, it's also possible Din will try to train Grogu by visiting different Jedi temples. Or perhaps we get a non-traditional Force user to team Grogu and join the cast.

But I don't see Grogu becoming a traditional Jedi on the Mandalorian. Perhaps 50-100 years from the show's end.

6. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    Well, I completely understand why, but I am a little disappointed we did not get to see the Jedi Temple.

I don't see why the seeing stone needed to be at a vantage point, but it did help the action scenes I guess.

I guess we won't be seeing much of Tython after all :(

I also did not like how Fennec said they are on the outer rim. It would have been ok if Tython was in the Deep Core.

7. Master Cado Afu

Master Cado Afu Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 1, 2020
    Yeah, I guess all that we get to see at this time is just a ruin.

More reason for a Jedi series.

Please do this, Disney+

Last edited: Dec 4, 2020
    nilzo antonio likes this.
  8. Disciple-of-Tython

Disciple-of-Tython Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2006
    I mean, it was very brief, but after over 25,000 years, things probably look a bit... worn [face_laugh]

9. BalanceOfTheForce

BalanceOfTheForce Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2016
    It's actually still in the deep core. That's a bit of a muckup by the writers here.

You can see Typhon's location in the deep core on Mando's monitor (the orange) and other material says it's there.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Well it was kinda dud. Maybe they go back there, who knows.

11. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    So they could see better, duh

12. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    I was hoping tython would be snowy, but ah well.

13. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Tython was pretty lame not gonna lie

14. bstnsx704

Mar 11, 2013
    I did like the Stonehenge looking pieces around the Seeing Stone itself. I bet the planet must have been full of stuff like that, but we only got to see a small slice of it. Kind of reminded me of Ahch-To in a way.

15. Saturn830

Saturn830 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 8, 2019
    It is a planet, so there's probably a variety of architecture and landscapes across its surface.

Mia Mesharad and Bor Mullet like this.
  16. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    What are you talking about a Star Wars planet can only look one way

17. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Honestly it was ruins in SWTOR too. I'm not surprised everything has crumbled to the ground.

Mia Mesharad and RetropME like this.
  18. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I thought it would look like Ancient Rome does to us. Old and falling apart but still clearly there.

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  19. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Yes. That would have been nice.

20. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    It’s possible there are some temples and the seeing stone was just that a stone with some pillars

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  21. Vader Bob

Vader Bob Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 8, 2020
    IIRC Tython had several different types of extreme terrain for which surviving was part of the trek to become a Jedi. I hope that the nonchalance toward it's history in this episode isn't an indicator that Tython won't feature in some future SW movie or show.

22. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    We only saw a small part of the planet, so if we return we might see some of the magic we wanted. I suspect Rodriguez wanted a realistic landscape to ground the action, but I think the realism was so bland that it actually made it seem artificial. Some added strangeness to the setting would have done a lot to sell the reality of the combatants. Definitely the only real weak point of the episode for me -- but a major weak point.

What Filoni did last week is what I want to see more of in this show.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  23. Vader Bob

Vader Bob Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 8, 2020
    I brought it up in the episode thread but a change to the lighting would have made a world of difference.

Having bright, natural sunshine backdrop scyfy elements like that gave it a Blair Witch Project camcorder vibe.

The Chalk Jedi likes this.
  24. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    Was not impressed with Tython, it looked like Simi Valley lol. If they weren't going to put any effort into making it fantastic and memorable, I'd prefer they just named it some other planet.

25. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I agree very lackluster. Even adding some old ruined temples would have been better

The Chalk Jedi and Glitterstimm like this.