main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Here is my unorthodox Star Wars opinion: change my mind!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Feelicks, Feb 23, 2013.

1. {Quantum/MIDI}

{Quantum/MIDI} Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2015

3. That one is so true. It was more in your face and thats what I disliked about TCW. Or at least, trying to use it as canon.

El Jedi Colombiano likes this.
  2. Howard Hand

Howard Hand Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2015
    Despite being the second best game of all time, KOTOR 2 one of the worst paced video games I've played.

3. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015

Never thought of it that way. You may be right.

AshiusX likes this.
  4. L110

L110 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 26, 2014
    The Star Wars "Prequels" and the Special Editions of the "Original Trilogy" have a strange power to turn even othervise inteligent, open minded and insightfull film critics into biased, close minded and intellectualy lazy ignorants with a pi..-poor understanding of cinema and storytelling.

ConservativeJedi321 likes this.
  5. TheMoldyCrow

TheMoldyCrow Jedi Master star 3

Jun 16, 2015
    • Duel Of The Fates is overrated
    • I liked the Inquisitors in Rebels (and their dumb lightsabers too)
    • The Battle Of Endor is the best battle in the series
    • The TCW movie is worse than the Holiday Special
    • The Ewok TV movies are fun
    • The Shadows of the Empire game has aged terribly
    • Podracers are cool and should be in more SW material
    • Disney buying Lucasfilm is the best thing that could have ever happened to the franchise

DarthCricketer and Howard Hand like this.
  6. TheSlave1

TheSlave1 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 4, 2015
    • The prequels have aged badly enough, now Force Awakens makes them look like early sega CD cutscenes
    • I actually really like Boba Fett as a character
    • Han Solo is way too overrated
    • As hard as Dave Filoni is trying, Rebels will never be as good as The Clone Wars
    • Revan may be my favorite EU character in star wars, but KOTOR is also really overrated
    • Waxer and Boil were always cooler than Echo and Fives
    • Battlefront EA is the worst thing to happen to star wars since jar jar
    • Bad Batch are the worst characters in star wars for being simple, unlikable, annoying, obnoxious, and obvious Republic Commando wannabes
    • I'm really not excited for Rogue one in any way whatsoever (seriously, even shoving Vader, Boba, or anyone else in there will ever give me enough reason to care)
    • I love Force Awakens but I don't like how they're just shoe horning new star wars movies every year, its not marvel!
    • Kylo Ren and any other jedi turned bad character is better than Anakin

DarthCricketer likes this.
  7. obi-arin-kenobi

obi-arin-kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    From reading this forum, where fans discuss, I believe most people did not understand the Anakin turn.

8. TheSlave1

Nov 4, 2015
    I also think the only good Battlefront game was Battlefront 2

Howard Hand likes this.
  9. L110

L110 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 26, 2014
    And got blind while watching the prequels.

10. L110

L110 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 26, 2014
    I´ve come to conclusion that from my point of wiev the only REAL Star Wars canon are Episodes I-VI, The Clone Wars and WHATEVER was in Lucas´s story treatment for the final three Episodes.

Everything else is just an apocrypha as far as I´m concerned, which doesn´t mean that I can´t like some of it.

11. ObiWanKnowsMe

ObiWanKnowsMe Jedi Master star 4

Sep 7, 2015
    George should release a book of his ideas for his version of Ep.7/8/9. I'd buy it immediately.. Or at least discuss it in an interview

ConservativeJedi321, L110 and Valiowk like this.
  12. obi-arin-kenobi

Jun 10, 2005
    How so? They are masterfully crafted.

13. obi-arin-kenobi

Jun 10, 2005
    In time it will come out, somehow. However, right now things are likely on lockdown due to contractual agreements between Lucas and Disney.

Call me crazy but I think that George will become so disgusted at how Star Wars is handled that his version will actually come to fruition at some point in time.

L110 and ObiWanKnowsMe like this.
  14. L110

L110 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 26, 2014
    I was refering to a certain individual who claimed that the prequels supposedly look "like early sega CD cutscenes" compared to TFA.

15. obi-arin-kenobi

Jun 10, 2005
    The prequel visuals are FAR more complex. I'm not into all the post production being done these days. Either the producers are taking the easy way out or they lack knowledge of color theory and don't understand how to use the full palette.

16. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    I don't really like any of the designs of the Rebel Alliance ships, or outfits, including the Millennium Falcon.

17. Darth Dnej

Darth Dnej Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2013
    Kylo Ren vs. Finn was better than Kylo Ren vs. Rey. It's probably because Finn was standing his ground the entire time, whereas Rey was running away for almost half of the fight. Yes, Finn was quite dumb to fight Kylo head-on but it makes him all the more brave. Additionally, Finn and Kylo's fight ended with Kylo coming out on top which is the best way to handle it. Rey and Kylo should have fought to a standstill and then got separated.

Bee Bee likes this.
  18. TheSlave1

Nov 4, 2015
    The visuals just didn't age well, I mean in a movie that's 95% CGI, everything starts to stick out like a sore thumb. The space battles are still cool but the Aliens are what really bug me nowadays.

19. obi-arin-kenobi

Jun 10, 2005
    90% CGI? Are you kidding? They were made in the same fashion as the OT. Prequel Trilogy has tons of practical effects. Everything is lit so perfectly that it all blends together. Digital matte painting, photography, models, etc.

Ezon Pin and ConservativeJedi321 like this.
  20. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016

Yes, there is a whole thread dedicated to it in the PT forums, there are tons of photos for evidence too. I suggest you check it out before repeating propaganda like that. ;)

Ezon Pin likes this.
  21. obi-arin-kenobi

Jun 10, 2005
    Who is that directed towards?

Ezon Pin and ConservativeJedi321 like this.
  22. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    TheSlave1 sorry man I should have been more specific, I was agreeing with you. :p

23. AshiusX

AshiusX Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 7, 2016
    Jake Lloyd's performance in TPM is actually pretty good for most part. Come to think of it. Even better than Hayden at many points during ATOC.

TheMoldyCrow likes this.
  24. Davak24

Davak24 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 15, 2015
    Hux's speech in TFA was awesome. No problems with it.

25. TheSlave1

Nov 4, 2015
    There were nowhere near as many practical effects in the prequels as there were in the OT or Force Awakens. look at how many CG aliens there were in the prequels and than count how many there were in TFA. I can count ten at least in the prequels and 2 in TFA, how many in OT? None. Zero. Not a single CG abomination (unless you count the horrible special editions). There were practical effects in the prequels, but not enough to show that they cared. Using that much CG is just plain lazy and shows that they weren't putting in as much as love into them like they did the OT. You prequel fanboys just need to get over the fact that Disney owns Star Wars, and that's final. The only good thing George ever did for Star Wars was create it. The prequels were awful, and I grew up with them and i'm saying that. Looking back I see now how inferior they are compared to the OT. When I went to see TFA I figured I wouldn't like it because unlike the PT and OT, I didn't grow up knowing it. After viewing it four times, I can safely say that the only prequel I would consider better is ROTS, and that's mostly because of nostalgia. You prequel fans need to wake up, know the prequels were not good, know that the OT was amazing, and know that TFA was better than anything George could have done. Get. Over. It.

KaleeshEyes likes this.