main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

Andor Vel Sartha

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Oct 26, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    I think it's funny how people assume naming conventions in another galaxy would follow western surname patterns. Sure some seem to do, but even on Earth there are plenty of naming conventions and chandrilans may have totally different one.

Is it confirmed what is name of Leida? Leida Mothma it seems... hmm so they are named after their mothers possibly. It makes just as much sense as name after father if chandrilan society would be more matriarchal. So maybe Mon too is named after her mother and not her father.

If men tend keep their surnames Perrin Fertha is also named after his mother possibly, or then naming convention is that daughter is named after mother and son after father. That would be interesting, but confusing. Yet totally possible.

Mon Mothma used to have son in legends, now it seems she hasn't. Or maybe she later adopts someone, that is still possible.

It seems chandrilans are pretty heteronormative and arranged marriage is normal. Vel may have problems explaining her relationship to Cinta for her family. She has her own rebellion on that level too. Very interesting. I would imagine that makes her rather relatable to many with same sort of issues.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2022
    Bor Mullet likes this.
  2. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018

Probably my favorite character along with Luthen.

3. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    She’s been great. Every single actor in this show has been great, actually. It’s astounding.

SateleNovelist11 likes this.
  4. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    Indeed. This is a like a great stage play, albeit with special effects.

While I like Val and Cinta, one thing that makes me sad about them is that they don't really have much time for their relationship. They have to spend most of their days working. And it's a grueling job, to say the least.

Somehow, I have a feeling that they and Cassian will turn against Luthen Rael in the upcoming season.