main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Villains for the Spin-offs

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by sons_of_anakin_tatooine, Sep 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. D'an

D'an Jedi Master star 4

Apr 21, 2014
    Boba Fett vs. young Han Solo & Chewie (obviously)
    Tarkin vs. Wedge ~nothing but epic space battles. YES PLEASE

FWIW, I'd love to see Thrawn & Mara Jade. Plenty of room for those characters to fill a gap between VI & VII.

darklordoftech likes this.
  2. SatineNaberrie

SatineNaberrie Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2014
    I'd like to have Xizor appear in a movie. I think it would be nice if they had a Shadow's of the Empire like movie but not exactly the same. I didn't like the whole story, but I like the idea of Prince Xizor trying to kill Luke, with Vader intervening. If they made that as a movie it could show why Luke thought his father could change.

The person who played Voldemort could voice Xizor.
    Jason Isaccs as an Imperial officer.
    Alan Rickman could play an Imperial Agent

And because the actors (Carrie fisher and Mark Hamill) are aged I think this movie would best be animated.(Not a kiddy cartoon ,but more along the lines of a mature anime)

Ian Mckellen could voice a Dark Jedi villain in a spin off.
    John Noble (Denethor and walter bishop actor) could be some Imperial governor or mad scientist(maybe the designer of the Death Star)
    Helena Bonham carter could play an evil lady that's a member of the Imperial court.

whostheBossk likes this.
  3. FRAGWAGON

FRAGWAGON Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Sise and Tig Fromm please.

4. dlbates

dlbates Jedi Master star 4

Nov 30, 2014
    Exar Kuhn and eventually Ulic Quel Droma after he gradually falls to the darkside.

5. NightWatcher91

NightWatcher91 Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 7, 2014
    I'd like some hard core Mandalorians please

whostheBossk and Django Fett like this.
  6. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I would like Maul or Boba Fett

Mandolorians could be good to.

7. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I would like to see a trandoshan villain. I think they look cool. I just hope they don’t go the “easy” route and make all the villains humans. That would be a copout. I want to see non-humans, too. You know, it does take place in another galaxy.

whostheBossk likes this.
  8. One-Eyed Gran

One-Eyed Gran Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 13, 2014
    I'd love to see an Imperial Baron or Governor acting as a villain; not a Third-Reich Tarkin-like figure, but perhaps an strategically implemented loyalist who acts as the governor of a slaver/fighting pit system.

Beyond that, an alternate (and very different) Hutt crime lord could be interesting, or a nasty pirate.

I hope they minimize the role of Jedi, Sith, and Dark Jedi as much as possible and focus on the underbellies of the Star Wars galaxy.

Krueger, a Trandoshan slaver could make an excellent villain.

darklordoftech likes this.
  9. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    Here is my lists of villians or Organzations.

1. A movie about How black sun became into being.
    2. Surviving Inqusiters vs Knights of ren taking place after Return of the jedi and before The Force Awakens
    3. How Xizor became prince of Black sun.
    4. Movies about other Dark side Orders after Return of the Jedi.
    5. Darth Maul movie fighting Sith Wannabes.
    6. Movies about Mandalorians fighting Rival Mandalorians
    7. Sith Empires Clashing with Other Sith Rival Empires and we could have other groups pledge Allegince too each empire. You could do alot of movies
    8. A trilogy about Boba fett taking place after Return of the Jedi without him being a Good guy.
    9. Snokes rise to power.

Half of our Ideas as fans are almost becoming Realty for movies. I really hope to see not only a movie but a trilogy about the knights of ren.

I am also down For a new Villian charcater ideas as well if they don't screw it up.

10. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    The Bounty Hunters are anti-heroes for the most part that are put in conflict with both sides due to their mercenary lifestyle, can they really be out-and-out villains by just doing their normal thing? If a film is set during the period of the Galactic Civil War then the Empire has to be the villains, but you could always sway away from that and delve into the criminal underworld but i'd rather keep that separate from the Rebels vs Empire fight.

11. Jonipoon

Jonipoon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2014
    Villains for specific Anthology films, in my opinion:

Han Solo film (pre-ANH)
    Main villain: Lando
    Minor villains: Jabba the Hutt, Greedo

Boba Fett film (post-ROTS)
    Main villain: Cad Bane
    Minor villains: Hondo Ohnaka, Aurra Sing

Obi-Wan film (post-ROTS)
    Main villain: The krayt dragon of Jundland
    Minor villains: Tusken raiders, Darth Vader

Yoda film (700 BBY)
    Main villain: The Lost Sith
    Minor villains: None

Mace Windu film (during the Stark Hyperspace Wars)
    Main villain: Iaco Stark
    Minor villains: Darth Sidious

Quinlan Vos film (post-ROTS)
    Main villain: Darth Vader
    Minor villains: Various Imperials

12. black_saber

Apr 4, 2002
    I would also like to see Ki Adi Mundi Film taking place during the Clone wars and how he bonded with the clones.

13. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015
    I'd like to see some original villains as well. Once that haven't appeared in canon yet.

DaddlerTheDalek and Jonipoon like this.
  14. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    I really want to see a female main villain.

vncredleader and La Calavera like this.
  15. La Calavera

La Calavera Force Ghost star 4

Sep 2, 2015
    Me too. [face_praying]

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  16. black_saber

Apr 4, 2002
    I would love to see a movie about the first order and how they became an offshoot of the empire.

17. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Not happening, as that part is covered extensively in the NEU.

18. WookieeRage

WookieeRage Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2016
    Alan Rickman isn't going to be acting anymore to the person who wants him to be in a new movie.

thejeditraitor likes this.
  19. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    You mean the person who said that in 2014 :p

20. WookieeRage

WookieeRage Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2016
    Correct, and corrected..

21. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    The Villains I would like would entirely depend on the Era.

The Old Republic Era (Unknown-1,000BBY):
    Countless Sith warriors and maniacs that could be created on the whims of the writers. This is perhaps the only era in which a liberal use of Sith and dark side users would seem appropriate to me, as this was the only era they ought to be in grand numbers worthy of being used so freely.
    Just Some old EU Sith that could be used.
    -Darth Ruin
    -Darth Revan
    -Lord Kaan
    -Odion
    -Damion
    -Darth Bane

The Golden Age of the Republic (1,000-22BBY)
    This is an era of political intrigue, perhaps some warriors, or planetary conflicts here and there that might provide some action, and the Rule of Two Sith could exist as "The unknown greater threat" maneuvering things from behind the scenes but the idea of lightsaber duels and other such grand battles that would better fit in a time of full scale war would not work for me. I could definitely see a political drama set in this era ala House of Cards
    Just some antagonistic people or organizations that might work
    -The Hutts
    -The Black Sun
    -The Pykes
    -Separatist organizations
    - Planetary Despots
    - Political Leaders

The Clone Wars (22-19BBY)
    This is a time of conflict again, but in the rule of two era. Only those enemies already established should be used, or just Separatist leaders and non-force users. I never liked the idea of numerous "Dark Acolytes" or as I call them sithinallbutname. Possibly Darth Sidious working from the shadows but practically never going into the field.
    Potential enemies of this era
    -Dooku
    -Grievous
    -Ventress(During her service to dooku)
    -"Admiral Enigma" (During his VERY BRIEF service to Dooku)
    -Seperatist loyalists

Imperial Era (19BBY-4ABY)
    Darth Vader is the primary enemy of this era, but to my disappointment they have already re-canonized his personal sithinallbutname ala the Inquisitors. Beyond that they have random Moffs Admirals and Imperial Bureaucrats. But this is still the Rule of two era and that must be kept in mind.
    Potential Enemies
    -Vader
    -Tarkin
    -Thrawn
    -Moffs
    -Admirals
    -Imperial Loyalists.

Post-Imperial Era (4ABY-Unknown)
    The Empire defeated, the Sith vanquished, ideally this would just be a copy and paste of the golden age of the Republic era, but sadly that is not so due to the material already being released. I'm just gonna wait and see.

Final Notes
    However as the term Antagonist only refers to a character that opposes our protagonist, regardless of whether they are good or evil it is still possible for normal good guys to be the "bad guy" for the movie. Jedi, Rebels, Republic, Resistance, etc. depending on exactly who's eyes we are seeing through.

22. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    Agreed. Maybe Rae will be used in a film or Isard. If they do an Old Republic era film it would be great to finally see a female Sith on screen. In the movies there has never been a female Sith heck even in the new EU we only have female dark jedi.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  23. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Hugo Damask with young Dooku & Qui Gon the hero
    Ventress with Count Dooku taking her from Jedi Order
    Young Snoke
    Boba Fett taking on young Han Solo
    Early Jedi days Exar Kun and Que Lec Droma

24. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    I would like to see original characters as villains rather than movie persons since otherwise we know what happens to them. Like having Boba Fett as main villain in Han's story would make spin-off less interesting if it takes place before OT. For Han Solo- story I could see that either EU-creation Garris Shrike or some new character like him should be main villain in Han's story. Kind of bad father figure for Han.

Or then some new Hutt other than Jabba. Cad Bane could also be interesting but that could make galaxy too small, Aurra Sing is another option for familiar bounty hunter other than Boba Fett as well as Embo.

Hondo should also appear at least in Boba Fett spin-off if not in Han-movie but not as main villain of course.

But as fun as seeing more of those characters I would also like to see new and original characters in spin-offs as well.

25. fishtailsam

fishtailsam Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2003
    I think a good rule of thumb for growing the GFFA is to do a movie with a character we know vs. a character we don't know.
    Follow a new character fighting a charqcter we know from a movie or cartoon. OR
    Follow a character we know fighting a new villain.

And I say treat characters that are only from any print medium as 'unknowns'

whostheBossk likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.