main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Virgin Queen] Regal Moves. For DDC 2024.

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Jan 3, 2024.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks much! I feel like her focus is unswervingly on ruling with strength even at the cost of personal desires. [face_thinking]

earlybird-obi-wan likes this.
  2. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    And this is where I have to apologize for not keeping up on this story from the beginning, as was my original intention! But my falling behind did give me the wonderful opportunity of getting to read these glimpses into Elizabeth's innermost thoughts at key points in her life all at once, from start to finish, which I did very much enjoy.

In particular . . .

This really says it all, doesn't it? The jockeying for power around this time period was no joke, and the consequences of losing this very deadly game were decidedly lethal. Elizabeth, by birth as well as ambition, is party to that game whether she likes it or not. So, she has to ensure that she plays to win.

Difficult conversation really says it all! [face_worried]

~ U N D E R S T A T E M E N T ~

[face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

This is a time period of Elizabeth's life that just fascinates me, and, hands down, if I ever wrote a Tudor novel, it would be entirely set here at the Tower. As such, I enjoyed this entry in particular!

Paget! (Fun fact - but Lord Alfred in my Kingdom!verse is an eventual descendant. [face_love])

I can only imagine how heartening this must have felt for Elizabeth! (Yet dangerous, too. [face_worried])

THIS

Way back in the day - and I would PM you the story if the author hadn't taken it down - I read an epic piece of fanfiction where Elizabeth and Mary were close as sisters, instead of divided, and it was easily one of my favorite AUs ever for how that changed the course of history. It's heartbreaking, ultimately, how far a part they ultimately were, but they're still sisters, and there's still that bond there, deep, deep down inside.

I can very well imagine this being true for Elizabeth. [face_love]

A+ Elizabeth voice is A+.

DO TELL, BESS, DO TELL. [face_batting] [face_love]

THIS

And I feel like, ultimately, it's just like you said: Elizabeth lived first and foremost for England, to the extent that personal happiness came second and was ultimately sacrificed. But what a force she was while she reigned, and just look at the legacy she left behind!

Thank you so much for sharing this story with us! I enjoyed every word. [face_love] =D=

[:D]

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    @Mira_Jade thanks for the super duper review. I love highlighting the interpersonal and emotive undercurrents which makes all the events of this time frame and these characters particularly riveting. @};-

Mira_Jade likes this.