main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Visitors and tourists this way, please! --->

Discussion in 'Archive: Sweden' started by gaiatha, Mar 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Urkanoid

Urkanoid Jedi Knight star 4

May 6, 2005
    So this whole apple/cherry thingie was teasing?:eek: :p Noooo...

2. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    Teasing is cruel.
    Humans desensitise to every cruelty after a while.
    Therefore your teasing doesn't produce the desired effect anymore.
    At all.

Kinda like how I proved there is no hell ;)

3. Enji

Enji Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 14, 2002
    Teasing is not cruel. Teasing is FUN! ;)

4. Queengodess

Queengodess Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 18, 2000
    Teasing is supposed to make (the teasers) happy - and it did. So, it did rather produce the desired effect, and your logic is flawed...

5. Enji

May 14, 2002
    My dear wife is, as always, correct.

6. gaiatha

gaiatha Jedi Knight star 5

May 25, 2002
    Did someonme say teasing? [face_mischief]
    Ask Michi I'm pretty good at teasing. Still a learner compared to Kee but I'm trying [face_batting] ;)

BTW are the temperatures in sweden also still uncomminly high for this time of the year?! I don't even feel like making cookies when the trees start to blossom again ;)

7. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    The temperatures are just weird, it should start to get real cold and snowy by now, instead it's just warm, dark and grey.

8. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    thats how it has been here as well, much warmer and much less snow
    than usual. all we get is rain now. I don't mind rain, but snow
    is much better.

9. Enji

May 14, 2002
    I mind rain when I'm biking. Gah! I want snow!!

10. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    Doesn't the effect it's supposed to be having on the teased make the teasers happy?
    If that doesn't happen, how can you be happy?

Unless just the fact that you're teasing (or attempting to) is enough to make you happy. In which case I congratulate you
    while backing away slowly o_O

11. Enji

May 14, 2002
    We're always happy here in FFS. It's because of those lovely little mushroom muffins we eat.

12. Urkanoid

May 6, 2005
    The weather is so decidedly weird this year, it's very close to that "one season" theory pesimistic environmentalists speak of... Personally I think that the Invasion is imminent!:eek:

Now teasing, can be a compex procedure. I think that there are two cases:

A. The teaser draws satisfaction from the reactions of his/her subject hence we can speak of certain sadistic and some less vile motives, such as one's desire to entertain oneself, that impose the need to tease.

B. The teaser draws satisfaction from the act of teasing itself. He/she cares nothing about the reactions of his/her subject. The motive in this case is the need to act outside the formal norms and standards involved in everyday social relations.

Or something like that.

13. DARTHLARS

DARTHLARS Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    Yeah, it is much better to ride a bike on top of ice ... :p

14. Enji

May 14, 2002
    Ice, no. Nice snow, yes.

15. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    I suppose bikes and rain don't make a pleasent combination,
    especially if there is mud aswell.

16. Queengodess

Jul 18, 2000
    Even I long for snow and low temperatures rigth now... It's first of Advent on Sunday!

And Senny, did you really think I'd rely on others to make me happy? Being... *gasps*... dependant on the unpredictable reactions of lower beings? Nope, I'm quite capable of making myself very happy... 8-}

17. DARTHLARS

Mar 12, 2002
    Another thing is that the days are very short this far north, and the sun at noon is very low.
    (Note that Starfish's home state is at the same latitude as the mediteranean)
    Add to that most days are cloudy... That means that we don't get much light.
    The fact that snow is white makes the days brighter! Also, colder days are usually clearer days. :)

18. Enji

May 14, 2002
    Yeah, sun is setting already... it shouldn't! I want more light! Well, soon everyone will put up Christmas lights and everything will look nicer. :)

19. emilsson

emilsson Force Ghost star 6

Oct 5, 1998
    I love cold autumns precisely because you get more sun then. Then again, autumn nights are quite cosy.

20. Enji

May 14, 2002
    Well, at least you have an excuse for just sitting indoors reading a book, and not going outside. ;)

21. Urkanoid

May 6, 2005
    Well, the days are short here too (although not as short as in Sweden, obviously)... The sun sets sround 16:30-17:00... Cold weather is great, it's so much more refreshing and invigorating than almost all other types of weather...

22. Queengodess

Jul 18, 2000
    *gives Nick a suspicious glance* That was sarcasm, right? Invigorating... *shudders*

23. DARTHLARS

Mar 12, 2002
    I'm guessing what you are calling "cold" in Greece would be what we are calling "mild autumn" weather up here.. ;)

24. Jade_trs

Jade_trs Jedi Master star 2

Jul 7, 2002
    All the nice white snow is gone, we hade like 60cm two weeks ago and now its all gone.
    Anda no one else can complain about the darkness. The sun sets att 13:37 here, I sleep longer than that!

25. Urkanoid

May 6, 2005
    Um... well... yeah, I guess...:p It's so funny when I see tourists from Northern Europe roaming Athens in their t-shirts and short pants in the middle of December... They actually feel like it's summer over here (frankly, sometimes it's pretty close to that, even I can't tell the difference...)

To be honest Kee, it wasn't sarcasm...:p What can I say, I love cold weather... Never really felt like I'm meant for warm climates...

Irrelevant info of the day: I'm listening to "What's Up" by 4 Non Blondes right now... Man, I haven't listened to this song for... whoohoo... long...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.