main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[weather] Dear people of england

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by malkieD2, Jan 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    We just had a whole lot of rain and it was still spitting as I drove to work. I think it's pretty much stopped now.

2. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    Well I think the country escaped this one raather well. Worst hit for snow was a line from Bristol to Oxford where blizzards and drifting was reported, but other than that most places just saw a few hours of moderate, slushy snow or heavy rain. The worst of the storm is now out in the north sea, and that should be it for snow for the rest of the week for snow. Scattered wintry showers are still likely and there will be some frosty nights, but daytimes should see plenty of sunshine and a continuing thaw of lying snow.

3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    There was (and still is) quite a bit of flooding in my area. One work colleague had to come through Chobham (Surrey) and it took her over 2 hours to get in due to road closures. While she was in traffic she saw another colleague trying to get in as well. Both eventually made it in.

4. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    So who's got snow tonight? I saw a couple of flakes as I put my car in the garage around 430 pm but haven't seen anything since. Right now it's cloudy but dry.

5. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    Been snowing for about 7 hours here [face_plain]

6. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I keep looking out the window at the streetlight in front of the flat but I'm not seeing anything. Is the snow sticking there?

7. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    oh yes

8. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    It's snowing now! Not sticking though, at least not on the road.

9. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Snowing and settling here, but not much and it's stopped now.
    Not likely to cause massive disruption.

10. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    It didn't snow long in my area. About the only thing it stuck to was parked cars. And even that didn't last long. I think it was mostly rain. This morning the roads were just wet for my commute to work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.