main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What Film Made You Join TFN?

Discussion in 'Archive: Anniversary Forum' started by LAJ_FETT , Jul 3, 2018.

?

What Film Made You Join TFN?

1. ANH

5.0%
  2. ESB

2.2%
  3. RoTJ

1.4%
  4. TPM

25.2%
  5. AOTC

18.7%
  6. RoTS

18.0%
  7. TFA

24.5%
  8. TLJ

2.2%
  9. RO

0.7%
  10. SOLO

2.2%
  1. Kalio_Dynkos

Kalio_Dynkos Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 17, 2004
    Joined in the time in between AoTC and RotS. Was a follower of the TFN website more than the forums until then.

2. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    DarthIntegral signed up because of the Jedi Draft. And now DarthIntegral talks in third person.

3. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    I joined as the buildup to TFA was just ramping up, with rampant speculation and rumors flying everywhere.

4. Voss Fulris

Voss Fulris Jedi Master star 3

Jun 30, 2018
    Although I (only just) joined after Solo, the buildup to TFA probably prompted me to join (if only a few years later)

Last edited: Jul 3, 2018
  5. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Joined for TFA.. Stayed for the PT. lol

20 years. damn..

6. B3

B3 Chosen One star 6

Jan 21, 2014
    Lurked because of TCW, joined the temp boards because TCW kept getting weirder, joined here because of the Disney sale. So TFA?

Jedi Knight Fett and Pensivia like this.
  7. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    The Phantom Menace made me start participating. It was between that film and Return of the Jedi.

8. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    I saw a spoof cartoon of the OT on a TV show that referenced TFN as a website, from there I found the boards and registered. As ESB is my favourite of the films and it was a cartoon of the OT I feel it best fits

9. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    I joined after TFA and wanted to discuss SW and read what different people thought. Despite what you read/hear in the media there are all kinds of differing opinions and we are not a racist, toxic hive mentality. Imagine that.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  10. RavagerFish

RavagerFish Jedi Master star 1

Nov 26, 2011
    20 years! I can’t believe it. I mostly lurk, but these boards have been so influential to my love and appreciation for the saga.

I discovered TheForceNet in 2010. A poster on another site had shared YodaKenobi’s infamous Revelation review, and after lurking a little more I was shocked to discover a forum of respectful and intelligent EU discussion in the Literature forums. I signed up in 2011 because of The Clone Wars series.

11. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    AOTC.

I'd been lurking since 2000 (how I originally found TF.N was through someone called Roderick who did spoiler drawings/images of TF.N's PT spoilers)

When the title for Episode II was revealed in August 2001 I bit the bullet and decided to jump in to the conversation.

17 years (almost) later and I'm still here...

12. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
  13. Wrenegade

Wrenegade Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2015
    I joined during the buildup to TFA, I was getting back into the franchise and wanted a place to discuss it.

Deliveranze and Jedi Knight Fett like this.
  14. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I found the main page because I was looking for RotS info, but I really joined and became a part of the boards because of the books. I fell in love with Mara Jade and wanted to read and write fanfic about her and Luke.

DarthIntegral likes this.
  15. Snafu55

Snafu55 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 19, 2015
    100% my childhood The Clone Wars brung me here and the star wars tv thread, lurked for quite a while too....

16. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    NONE OF THE ABOVE!

I joined after The Clone Wars movie.

17. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    The special editions, then I realized that there was going to be a new Star Wars film, and this was the place to stay on and discuss it.

DarthIntegral likes this.
  18. Senator Kelberry

Senator Kelberry Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 22, 2010
    It actually wasn't a film. I'd been reading TFN since Ep II at least...but I didn't get a forum acct until I was motivated to start sharing my opinions on TCW a little ways into the second season.

19. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    TPM. Stayed for the AOTC and ROTS anticipation but then left for awhile after ROTS. Came back for TCW.

Coruscant likes this.
  20. Kyber Acyk

Kyber Acyk Jedi Master star 3

Nov 30, 2017
    I came here and lurked after watching Rogue One, but did not sign up until last year.

21. Dannik Jerriko

Dannik Jerriko Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2017
    I joined not long before TLJ was released, but I didn't join because of any particular movie. I found myself with lots of opinions on the new movies and books and wanted a place to discuss these with others who shared my fandom. I was also starting to really miss the old EU and I wanted to chat with people who valued it as much as I did. I wish I'd joined years ago.

22. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    TFA. I’ve been a member of forums for bands and tv shows for nearly 20 years and can’t believe it never crossed my mind to seek out a SW one. Better late than never I suppose.

23. Ewoklord

Ewoklord Jedi Master star 2

Feb 15, 2014
    Hype for The Force Awakens, but mainly somewhere to talk and read about the larger EU. I don't post too often, but I'm glad I stick around.

Master_Rebado likes this.
  24. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    No, we're glad you stick around.

Ewoklord likes this.
  25. Master_Rebado

Master_Rebado Chosen One star 6

May 31, 2004
    The Phantom Menace was coming soonish and I'd find TFN (the site not the forum) for news on that.

MUCH later realised there was a forum and joined.