main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT What if Anakin never met Padmé?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Darth Darkness, Jun 4, 2024.

1. Sith Lord 2015

Sith Lord 2015 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 30, 2015
    There simply is no way to predict anything. And "what if" questions make no sense in a closed-system universe anyway, where everything is fixed to begin with. The only thing open to speculation is what has not yet been written, such as things that may or may not come after the chronologically final entry in the saga, which in this case appears to be TLJ. If we choose to accept that as canon, fine. If not, then we are free to reject anything in the movies and regard everything as head-canon, which is fine as well.

2. Iron_lord

Iron_lord 38x time Wacky Wednesday winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 2, 2012
    The Star Wars Infinities comic books revolve around the "make a small change to events and see what unfolds next" conceit. We can never know what would "really" happen in "Star Wars Infinities: The Phantom Menace", but it can be fun to conjecture how it might be.

Shaak Ti and Happy Sando like this.
  3. The Emotional Jedi

The Emotional Jedi Jedi Knight star 3

May 18, 2021
    If Anakin didn't meet Padmé, he would have fallen for Sabé. Why? Because I say so.

4. Happy Sando

Happy Sando Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2023
    Nah, he would have stayed on Tatooine and eventually settled for Wald, and you know it. :p [face_laugh]

Iron_lord likes this.
  5. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    I think some of you are ignoring the biological impulses of these characters.

We love to talk about choice, because we all have such agency (LOL!). But no-one wants to admit to the impulses or emotions. Anakin was a passionate character....

Last edited: Jun 25, 2024
  6. Jedi Bluth

Jedi Bluth Force Ghost star 7

Sep 4, 2021
    Facts.
    [​IMG]

7. Darth Darkness

Darth Darkness Not to be confused with Dark Darthness star 2

Mar 19, 2024
    the lightsabers. the weapon for a more civilised age. the weapon that isn’t as clumsy as a blaster. the lightsabers that was used in the OT and the PT. I liked how they looked back then compared to now.

8. DarthHass

DarthHass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2004
    thanks. I know what they are just didn’t understand the comment til you described how you liked their previous look.

9. ThereseAn'ya1994

ThereseAn'ya1994 Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 9, 2023
    Anakin needed therapy. His relationship with and dependence on others (including Padme) proved that. There's no shame in needing that. Everyone seeks safety, love & belonging. He was no different. If he had not met Padme..I'm 99.9% sure he would have thrown an infatuation on to someone else. Palpatine would have rolled with it. Skywalker had so much potential. His tragedy is that he destroyed it. At least in the prequels he destroyed it. In the originals tho he did the right thing in the end..but it took an entire trilogy to get there.

10. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    I am pretty sure the moment anakin meets padme he doesn’t fall in love right away.After the pod racing he won and when finally free to go on a starship he does go and says farewell to padme and was about to move on.

It’s his love for his mother being separated that also seduces him to the dark side and yoda warns him that not to giv into fear “Fear leads to anger, Anger leads to hate, Hate leads to suffering.

I think when Anakin truly fell in love with padme was when Palpatine starting becoming a fake mentor and fake friend to Anakin toying with his emotions to fall in love so Anakin to give into fear of the dark side even faster like when Anakin as Darth Vader toyed with Luke’s feelings learning that he had a daughter and Luke had twin sister missing with Luke’s minds
    Anakin had unnatural love and attachments to which was probably build up by palpatine himself.

Anakin in between ten years was falling in love with a long time ago memory of someone he might never see ever again but when he reunited with padme, that pushed himself a little closer to the dark side.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2024
  11. Canadian Jedi Master 75

Canadian Jedi Master 75 Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 19, 2023
    Remember at the end when Palpatine says to Anakin "We will watch your career with great interest." Did he know right at that moment he would eventually get him to leave the Jedi Order become a Sith Lord?

Shaak Ti likes this.
  12. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    That's how Legends sources handled it (with him already being aware that Anakin was thought to be the Chosen One by Qui-Gon, thanks to Dooku having reported this to him).

13. Canadian Jedi Master 75

Aug 19, 2023
    I honestly never knew that and with hindsight I should have guessed it was Qui-Gon who told him.

14. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    This was the conversation between Dooku and Palpatine where Anakin's Chosen One-ness is brought up.

Dooku chose his next words carefully. "Qui-Gon returned from Tatooine with a former slave boy. According to Qui-Gon, the boy had no father."
    "A clone?" Palpatine said uncertainly.
    "Not a clone," Dooku said. "Perhaps conceived by the Force. As Qui-Gon believes."
    Palpatine's head snapped back "You don't sit on the Council. How do you know this?"
    "I have my ways."
    "Does this have anything to do with the prophesy you spoke of?"
    "Everything. Qui-Gon believes that the boy—Anakin is his name—stands at the center of a vergence in the Force, and believes further that his finding him was the will of the Force. Blood tests were apparently performed, and the boy's concentration of midi-chlorians is unprecedented."
    "Do you believe that he is the prophesied one?"
    "The Chosen One," Dooku amended. "No. But Qui-Gon accepts it as fact, and the Council is willing to have him tested."
    "What is known about this Anakin?"
    "Very little, except that he was born into slavery nine years ago and was, until recently, along with his mother, the property of Gardulla the Hutt, then a Toydarian junk dealer." Dooku smirked. "Also that he won the Boonta Eve Classic Podrace."
    Palpatine had stopped listening.
    Nine years old ... Conceived by the Force ... Is it possible?
    His thoughts rewound at frantic speed: to the landing platform on which he and Valorum had welcomed Amidala and her group. Actually not Amidala, but one of her look-alikes. But the sandy-haired boy, this Anakin, swathed in filthy clothing, had been there, along with a Gungan and the two Jedi. Anakin had spent the night in a tiny room in his apartment suite.
    And I sensed nothing about him.
    "Qui-Gon is rash," Dooku was saying. "Despite his fixation with the living Force, he demonstrates his own contradictions by being a true believer in the prophesy—a foretelling more in line with the unifying Force."
    "Nine years old," Palpatine said when he could. "Surely too old to be trained."
    "If the Council shows any sense."
    "And what will become of the boy then?"
    Dooku's shoulders heaved. "Though no longer a slave, he will probably be sent to rejoin his mother on Tatooine."
    "I understand your disillusionment," Palpatine said.
    Dooku shook his head. "I haven't told you all of it. As if the announcement of having found the Chosen One wasn't enough, Qui-Gon discovered that the Trade Federation may have had the help of powerful allies in planning and executing the blockade of Naboo."
    Palpatine sat straighter in the chair. "What allies?"
    "On Tatooine, Qui-Gon dueled with an assassin who is well trained in the Jedi arts. But he dismissed the idea that the assassin is some rogue Jedi. He is convinced that the warrior is a Sith."

15. Shaak Ti

Shaak Ti Jedi Master star 3

Dec 22, 2015
    What book is that from?

16. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Darth Plagueis novel.

Shaak Ti likes this.
  17. Canadian Jedi Master 75

Aug 19, 2023
    Last week on YouTube, Star Wars Theory posted a video reacting to what Leslye Headland said was the reason why Anakin turned to the Darkside, and his relationship with Padme. Anyway he basically said she didn't know the correct reasons, so here it is if anyone wants to see it.