main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What is the most Significant Event of Anakins Life?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Darth_Dagsy, Feb 6, 2003.

?

What is the most Significant Event of Anakins Life?

Poll closed Mar 25, 2012.
  1. Winning the Boonta Eve pod race

3.4%
  2. Being rejected by the Jedi Council

1.4%
  3. Destroying the TF control ship

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Being accepted for training by the Jedi Council

2.7%
  5. The death of Shmi

37.4%
  6. Being defeated by Dooku

2.7%
  7. Marrying Padme

4.1%
  8. Turning to the Dark Side

27.2%
  9. Discovering he had a son

4.8%
  10. Other

16.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master Salty

Master Salty Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 18, 1999
    I think Luke getting fried by Palpatine was the most significant event in Anakin's life. This event led to Anakin tossing Palpatine down the shaft and Anakin's return to the Light Side.

2. NiktosRule

NiktosRule Jedi Padawan star 4

May 8, 2001
    The death of Shmi because that is what started his descent to the darkside in my mind. It shaped the person he would become.

3. GRANDADMIRALAXLROSE

GRANDADMIRALAXLROSE Jedi Knight star 7

May 8, 2002
    The turn to the darkside, there is no return without the fall.

Axl.

4. ST-TPM-ASF-TNE

ST-TPM-ASF-TNE Moderator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2001
    I'd have to say Shmi's death. That's the point in which his turn to the darkside begins.

5. Jedi_Learner

Jedi_Learner Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 10, 2002
    The death of his mother. :(

6. Emperor_Billy_Bob

Emperor_Billy_Bob Jedi Grand Master star 7

Aug 9, 2000
  7. Padawan915

Padawan915 Jedi Master star 6

Oct 1, 2002
    His fall to the darkside obviously is the most significant. His fall to the darkside takes up almost half of his life, and only in his final minutes does he come back to the light.

8. Jedi_Suzuran

Jedi_Suzuran Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2002
    Padme's death. When Shmi was killed, there was still goodness in him. He was still Anakin inside.

When he loses Padme (whatever way it is, since we don't know that yet) he will lose all trace of himself and fall to his fate.

Only through the physical representation of his dead love does he finally step back into the light.

All the choices are important, but Padme's fate is the real key.

9. MatRags

MatRags Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2001
    His turn to the darkside is most significant because it changes his whole view on thing, his command of the Force... If the Force is the most important power in the galaxy then when he starts to use it for evil is the most significant event in his life.

It's all about the Force.

10. SLAVE2

SLAVE2 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 6, 2000
    Whatever happens to Padme in Episode 3 will be up there, along with Shmi's death. His redemption was probably the key event though, and doing it with Padme. :p

11. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    ...the most important thing Anakin did from the point of view of the Force was simultaneously oust Palpy, end the lines of both Sith and Jedi, and restore balance to the Force in the moment he rose up against his erstwhile master. Since Anakin was less his own person than a tool or weapon conceived by the Force and then kicked around by it for his entire life, I would say the event that was most significant to the Force was also most significant to Anakin.

Very well said Dark Lady Mara! This sums up his whole life!!!

12. Sophita

Sophita Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    I choose marrying Padme, because the option I would pick (Padme's death), isn't on there and I felt it was the closest one. (Though perhaps 'turning to the DS' might be better.)

I can't imagine anything in Anakin's life being worse than finding out Padme is "dead" or at the very least, permenantly seperated from him. Padme is Anakin's soulmate (for lack of better word); He's loved her since the moment he saw her, and they obviously are deeply in love by the time AotC draws to a close. We've seen what happens when his mother (who he was also very attached to) dies, but Padme? Anakin's reaction to Padme's death or disappeareance is going to make Anakin's reaction to Shmi's death look tame by comparison.

I can think of no more significant event in a person's life than the death of their spouse.

Though his redemption, and Luke weigh in quite heavily to...

13. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    I agree with Shara_82 (per usual ;) )...Anakin's Redemption is the most significant thing in his life. His path to the darkside and back to the light was destined, being the chosen one, so even if he didn't win the pod race or if Shmi lived, so other random event would have occured that would have led him to the Jedi Order and the net effect of his actions would remain the same.

14. PalpatineAntikristos

PalpatineAntikristos Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 6, 2002
    Meeting Palpatine, followed by killing Palpatine (redemption).

15. Vaderbait

Vaderbait Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 26, 2001
    Death of Shmi, no doubt. This is what pushes him towards the dark side. Without this event, nothing would have happened.

16. D_Lowe

D_Lowe Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 15, 2002
    Actually now I wish the poll had "Bring Balance back to the Force" as an option. Because that was the biggest thing he actually did in his life.

17. The_Abstract

The_Abstract Jedi Master star 4

Jul 16, 2002
    I gotta go with The Turn unless something changes my mind in 2005.

It changed the fate of the galaxy....I think.

18. Ret

Ret Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 17, 1999
    Have to say Death of Shimi.

19. darthstega

darthstega Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 10, 2002
    Other. His redemption in Ep VI.

Everything in Anakin's life, whether good or bad, whether happy or sad, whether noble or evil all led to that one event that changed the course of tha galaxy forever and fulfiled a destiny that was the will of the force. In that one event, he summarily removed all that was wrong with the galaxy. He destroyed all remanants of the old order - the Republic and the Jedi order - as now the evil empire that followed (which was necessary to remove the former).

Further, all else Anakin ever did or experienced before and after this moment has happened or been experienced before. Many persons before were really good Jedi. Many persons before experienced the sorrow of the death of a loved one. Many before experiences the heartbreak of forbidden love. Many before struggled to deal with exceptional talent. Many before turned to the Dark Side. Many before had to confront their own fears and their own flesh and blood. But no one ever was able to return from the Dark Side to light. For once you start on the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny. Anakin did what was imposible.

20. The Gatherer

The Gatherer Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 2, 1999
    Hmmm... I still think that the POD RACE WIN is still the most logical, and significant, becuase if not for that, nothing else would have happenend!!!!!

21. RogueSith

RogueSith Jedi Master star 3

Oct 24, 2001
    Other. I too am leaning toward Padme's death, but it all depends on E-III.

22. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    His redemption.

23. IG_88a

IG_88a Jedi Padawan star 4

May 15, 2002
    the most significant is definatly his meeting with Padme and Qui-Gon, without the meeting, he wouldn't become a jedi, he wouldn't of raced boonta eve, he wouldn't turn to the darkside, he wouldn't have kids etc etc.

24. dark_jedi666

dark_jedi666 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 14, 2002
    I voted other. I would say the most important moment in his life was when he picked up the Emporer and threw him down a shaft.

25. JKBurtola

JKBurtola Jedi Youngling star 4

Feb 4, 2003
    Death of Shmi

This is where his slide begins and he takes the long road to redemption.
    Its significant because he is no longer Anakin Skywalker but just a shadow of his former self (which his Vader persona fills).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.