main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub What Is Thy Bidding My Master? *Darth Vader Fanclub* (All Are Welcome)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Chancellor Yoda, Apr 20, 2015.

1. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    Then Rey or Kylo should have faced Luuke at some point in TROS. :p

Ithorians and Iron_lord like this.
  2. Merlyn Emerald

Merlyn Emerald Jedi Master star 3

Jan 3, 2019
    Lucasfilm invited Hayden Christensen to their future projects! Hurray! They finally understood who should be invited to the shooting. What a blessing, now there is an incentive to wait for something new on Star Wars, because there will be Hayden's cute face! [face_love][face_love][face_love]

[​IMG]

3. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
  4. Ithorians

Ithorians Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    Since I don't want our beloved fanclub to fall to the second page of the thread list, I was thinking of a question to keep things interesting. In different iterations within canon and legends, there has been a number of individuals presented as answering to him in one way or another.

From Tremayne, Lumiya or Galen Marek in legends, to Daine Jir, the Grand Inquisitor, Aphra or Vaneé in canon, there has been a number of these subordinates whose relationship with the dark lord has been either implied or directly developed. Which is your favorite second woman or man for our dear Dark Lord?

5. adalmentia

adalmentia Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 12, 2020
    Shira

Ithorians likes this.
  6. Cynda

Cynda Jedi Master star 4

Dec 20, 2014
    There are several great art panels from Charles Soule and Giuseppe Camuncoli's Vader comic. This sequence is my favorite.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Merlyn Emerald

Merlyn Emerald Jedi Master star 3

Jan 3, 2019
    Me and only me! [face_love]

Seriously, Vader once had a very good adjutant named Erv Lekauf. He is even called Vader's friend. I remember reading how he was always ready to protect his commander, even shielded him from the fire, having received severe burns, because of which he retired. Vader was touched, and so was I. He was a good guy and a brave officer. And then his grandson served with our lord's grandsons. :cool:

8. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    I'm not sure if you'd call him a second man, but I've loved all of Thrawn's interactions with vader.

9. adalmentia

adalmentia Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 12, 2020
    Guess who's gonna show up in Doctor Aphra #13 in August

Ithorians likes this.
  10. Ithorians

Apr 26, 2016
    Oh, again! I imagined the Vader-Aphra interactions were done after that strange last issue in Aphra´s first comic...

You know the other interesting thing I was seeing? A preview of next issue of the current comic of our dark lord shows that
    Both Mas Amedda and Sly Moore seemed quite concerned with Vader and the punishment he might have in mind for them for their part in recent events in the series. Palpatine apparently discards their concerns as they are not important enough for his apprentice to mind them (haha!), but its very interesting that future issues solicitations speak of developing more of "the Umbaran" and how she seems to be even a rival for the Sith Lord...
    Whatever comes out of it, its interesting to see some focus on her after so long, and better yet if it comes with interactions with our favorite Sith!

Iron_lord likes this.
  11. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
  12. KaleeshFett

KaleeshFett Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 21, 2021
    Greetings fellow Vader fans.

Outside of Darth Sidious and maybe Boba Fett, Darth Vader is probably my favorite Star Wars character. My favorite scene of his is the whole conservation he has with Luke on Endor, an incredible showcasing that subtly shows Vader is conflicted. Additionally I get excited anytime Vader hops into his Advanced Tie Fighter in any media, whether that be in the Death Star trenches in ANH or wiping out a small Rebel fleet in Rebels. My favorite Vader line is probably one of his quips like "all to easy" or "don't choke on your aspirations."

13. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
  14. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    Ironic. He became the very thing he hated. :p

15. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    [face_rofl]

16. Cynda

Cynda Jedi Master star 4

Dec 20, 2014
  17. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    A Houston, TX home inspired by Vader's helmet is for sale!
    [​IMG]

18. Ithorians

Apr 26, 2016
    [​IMG]

Ohhhh the way the Emperor treats Vader, the insolence! I can't wait to see our Lord to strike back!

[​IMG]

There. I feel better now.

P.S.: Welcome @KaleeshFett !!

Last edited: May 29, 2021
  19. KaleeshFett

Jan 21, 2021
    Thank you @Ithorians

Ah, I see this club focuses a lot on the comics side of the Vader fandom.

The multiple excellent runs of Darth Vader comics are probably the best thing Marvel has done with the Star Wars property and they're the only form of Star Wars comics I really follow anymore. As most of Marvels other Star Wars books are either just okay or uninteresting to me.

While the art isn't the comics strength like the other runs, the Gillen run is still my favorite out of the lot. It was IMO the strongest of New Canon comics starting out, with great arcs and a bevy of excellent new characters like Doctor Aphra and Inspector Thanoth. It also had a more dark, almost adult edge to it's characters and atmosphere that reminded me of the Dark Times comics.

adalmentia, Ithorians and Iron_lord like this.
  20. Ithorians

Apr 26, 2016
    Oh, I agree! I have really liked the way Vader has been treated in canon. Curiously enough, not long ago I asked here for favorite counterparts of our dark Lord, and you mentioned Thanoth, whom I felt was a very interesting character to pair with Vader...

I´ve enjoyed all 3 Vader series, with my favorite being Soule´s. Momin was deranged even for a Sith Lord, and seeing Vader and his Inquisitors hunt Jedi (and even sometimes each other!) within the Purge was something I wanted to see since the good old days of Torbin, Jerec, Tremayne and all that bunch. Pak series has been surprisingly interesting to me, and Gillen´s introductory series was certainly great in tying ANH with ESB. I would love to see more about Tulon Voidgazer!

KaleeshFett and Iron_lord like this.
  21. Cynda

Cynda Jedi Master star 4

Dec 20, 2014
  22. KaleeshFett

Jan 21, 2021
    Since this club also focuses on art pieces of the Dark Lord of the Sith, I found this on Reddit.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2021
  23. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
  24. KaleeshFett

Jan 21, 2021
    One of my favorite Vader lines from Marvel's first Big Three comic run.

[​IMG]

25. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    Soldier: "I am Inigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to..."
    Vader: "So what? Die." Saber slices off Inigo's head.

To this day, my favorite comic with Vader is the one where he battles Maul.
    [​IMG]