main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT What is your favorite prequel film

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Fatal_R_097, Nov 17, 2020.

1. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I’d say that TPM is about…three times better in Italian. The performances are, indeed, superior. The actors dubbing Lloyd and Portman in particular are big improvements.

Though Jar Jar isn’t better. And he speaks with a crazy mix of Italian, Spanish, Latin and English that’s maybe crazier than the original. I’m not sure yet.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2021
    CampOfSorgan likes this.
  2. FightoftheForgotten

FightoftheForgotten Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2020
    ROTS Anakin in French is really good.

3. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    I have no idea what kind of point you're trying to make here. Yes, scenes in different locations are filmed on different days. Were all of the OT's cockpit scenes filmed at the same time? No, of course not. It's even more normal in voice acting, in which actors often never even meet. That's not a problem, that's a simple fact of the medium.

4. FightoftheForgotten

May 19, 2020
    When a movie is put together competently it's not noticeable. That's the point I'm making.

CampOfSorgan and Bor Mullet like this.
  5. Skywalker Family

Skywalker Family Jedi Master star 3

Mar 15, 2017
    Links. I'd have to Google search. I use to cut all the articles out of papers and magazines the old days lol. I still have some of them. The old Entertainment Weekly/AOL chat room poll.
    48% said Clones was the best since Empire. 39% Good but not classic.
    11% worth than Phantom Menace. So Clones did have some hate. 45% of the people said Yoda turned in the best performance. Today though nobody would probably say Clones was better than Empire.

CampOfSorgan and BLemelisk like this.
  6. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Spanish Yoda and Dooku are glorious in AOTC.

I wholly confess that I pee'd myself a bit the first time the utterly mad actor blurts out "Conde Dooku!"

7. Sith Lord 2015

Sith Lord 2015 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 30, 2015
    It still does get hate. That much is obvious in this forum alone. Did ESB ever get any hate at all? I don't think so.

CampOfSorgan likes this.
  8. Visivious Drakarn

Visivious Drakarn Jedi Master star 3

Apr 20, 2013
    I would. Anywhere, any time, to anyone.

Perhaps in 1980. The critics later changed their mind. And as the PT was released, it gained almost mythic status.

Today you won't see any hate towards that movie. Mostly because the only one who can hate it are probably PT fans, but I haven't seen them hanging in the OT section asking was Yoda necessary in it or stating that it's clearly flawed movie and thus it's perfectly legitimate to criticize it. For years and years.

9. Sith Lord 2015

Oct 30, 2015
    So would I. That means "nobody" is already a false statement.:D
    You are probably right. I didn't have much access to articles or reviews about ESB when it came out. But I do remember one that read "the new SW movie is technically better but more boring than the original". I have no idea about fan reactions though.
    While certainly not a bad sequel, I do find it pretty overrated in recent years, meaning after the prequels of course.

Watcherwithin and CampOfSorgan like this.
  10. TX-20

TX-20 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 21, 2013
  11. SWfan2002

SWfan2002 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2002
    The second half of ROTS was the best, imho.

TX-20 and Count Yubnub like this.
  12. Bee Bee

Bee Bee Jedi Master star 3

Dec 23, 2015
    Attack of the Clones for me. This is the movie where Ewan felt like he settled into the character of Obi-Wan. The mystery of the assassination attempt and the clone facility was interesting enough to follow. This movie had some of the best action sequences in the prequels, from the chase through Coruscant to the fight with Jango Fett to the monster sequence in the arena which reminded me a bit of old Flash Gordon serials. Shmi's death scene hit harder than any other in the prequels.

This is also probably the most nostalgic prequel movie for me since it was the first one I saw in theaters and the only one I owned on dvd as a kid so naturally I watched i quite a bit. I find it interesting that many fans online have softened their views towards TPM over the years from back when it was the primary focus of hate. It seems like AOTC eventually took TPM's place as the least popular PT movie for whatever reason. This was a really noticeable shift between the 2000's and 10's.

13. BlueYogurt

BlueYogurt Jedi Master star 4

Aug 26, 2021
    That's because ESB doesn't deserve any hate. It's the Citizen Kane of Star Wars films.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2021
    Twain and FightoftheForgotten like this.
  14. Sith Lord 2015

Oct 30, 2015
    That's YOUR opinion, nothing more :D

BLemelisk and Watcherwithin like this.
  15. cantthinkofone

cantthinkofone Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 6, 2020
    phantom menace is the only movie ive seen more than once in the theatre. loved it. but i was also 10 years old when it was released soooo.
    but i do remember me and my friends kept on talking during the movie ruining for everyone and kept on getting shushed :p

but revenge of the sith, especially when i got older and could apprieciate it better, it became my favorite star wars movie. it is after all objectively and irrefutably.the best star wars movie ever made.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2021
    ezekiel22x likes this.
  16. FightoftheForgotten

May 19, 2020
    Just felt like you two should meet. That's all.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2021
    Dandelo and BlueYogurt like this.
  17. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    Right on. While AOTC edges out ROTS as my personal favorite, I think the latter is the the franchise's most notable artistic achievement. Sith is like Star Wars by way of "The Circular Ruins."

Count Yubnub likes this.
  18. cantthinkofone

Apr 6, 2020

19. BlueYogurt

Aug 26, 2021
    I saw Star Wars 9 times between 1977 and 1978. I saw ESB 12 times in 1980, and ROTJ twice in 1983 (I had to make sure it was really as bad as the first viewing. It was.). I saw all of the prequel films once in the theater, and only saw the sequel trilogy/anthology films on DVD. It took me 4 days to get through TFA (and that's probably the best of the Disney films, aside from Rogue One, which was excellent).

20. cantthinkofone

Apr 6, 2020
    is that some type of competition im not a part of ?

Mostly Handless likes this.
  21. BlueYogurt

Aug 26, 2021
    Actually, I thought I was posting in another thread.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2021
  22. VaderBoyee

VaderBoyee Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 9, 2021
    ROTS is the obvious best, but TPM has a nostalgia factor.

23. sith_rising

sith_rising Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    I can honestly say that, while TESB and TLJ are my favorites of the OT and ST, I don't have a favorite Prequel. It really feels the most seamless, probably thanks to having the same director and people all working on it at the same time. All I can say is: TPM for lightsaber duel, AOTC for ground battle, and ROTS for space battle. Sidious, Maul, Tyranus, Grievous, Jango and Nute Gunray were all such great villains.

24. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    TPM. It has the most earned moments. Good setup, buildup and payoff. Despite the nonsense sprinkled throughout. And I think most fans agree that it’s visually the best-looking of the trilogy.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2022
    CampOfSorgan likes this.
  25. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003