main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph What was the last tv episode you watched?

Discussion in 'Community' started by Coruscant, Sep 28, 2014.

1. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    I agree about Tony and X. But I thought the episode was adequate, in the sense that it was entertaining. I've only seen it twice though.

2. Kenneth Morgan

Kenneth Morgan Chosen One star 5

May 27, 1999
    "The Day Time Ended", the fourth episode of "The Gauntlet", the new MST3K Season. The movie, while seriously lacking in production values and scripting, wasn't too bad. Oh, and a couple more things...

Larry Ehrhardt shows up! And Kinga learns her mother was...Kim Catrall! I'm more interested in where this is going than I am in what happens in Episode IX.

3. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    NFL: Denver Broncos at the San Francisco 49ers

The Flash - S05E09: Elseworlds Part 1

Dagobahsystem and Juliet316 like this.
  4. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    Star Trek: The Next Generation "Second Chances": On a mission to retrieve scientific data from an outpost, Commander Riker discovers he has a duplicate.

Thomas Riker will later make an appearance on Deep Space Nine as a member of the Maquis.

5. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    ABC World News Tonight with David Muir

Supergirl - S04E09: Elseworlds, Part 3

Late local news

Dagobahsystem and Juliet316 like this.
  6. JediYvette

JediYvette Pacific RSA emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 18, 2001
    Puppy Dog Pals
    Episode Puzzling Pugs/Rhapsody in Pug

For the 74th time... [face_hypnotized]

7. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    The Goldbergs winter finale
    With Schooled (The Goldbergs spinoff) premiering this January staring AJ Michalka I was trying to spot a ring on her finger in the promos since her and Barry are engaged, but come to think of it, he never gave her an engagement ring, so since he proposed in the 80s and that show takes place in the 90s, I wonder if her status will be revealed on her new show as it will ultimately be a spoiler for whatever happens in the 2nd half of the season of The Goldbergs

Modern Family winter finale
    Is anyone else getting tired of this show? The episode did have some funny moments and finally the big secret is out, but as the parents and kids are getting older they're lives are getting more depressing, yeah I know - just like real life! I'm kind of hoping this is the last season. They really need to go out on a high note. I don't care about Haley and Dylan anymore. They really scored with the Andy storyline and then broke our hearts with it and now they're moving forward with blah Dylan. Come on, writers. Don't let me down.

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  8. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014
    Star Trek Deep Space Nine "Tribunal": O'Brien is arrested by the Cardassians and put on trial, where the verdict is already known (guilty) and the sentence is death.

Juke Skywalker and Juliet316 like this.
  9. Kenneth Morgan

May 27, 1999
    The first episode of "Dad's Army" on Netflix. Hadn't seen this Brit-com in years, and I'd never seen the series premiere.

10. duende

duende Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 28, 2006
    i'm about halfway through a&e's "the clinton affair". pretty well done so far.

11. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Just finished Episode 8 of The Haunting of Hill House and it's so unnerving and good. 2 more episodes to go, will probably watch both tomorrow.

Sith_Sensei__Prime and Darth Guy like this.
  12. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014
    Star Trek: Deep Space Nine "House of Quark": After Quark accidentally kills a Klingon warrior and he brags about it, he's forced to marry the widow to prevent a rival Klingon from seizing that family's properties.

Juliet316 and Sith_Sensei__Prime like this.
  13. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Finished The Haunting of Hill House. I'm not sure what to make of the finale.

On the one hand I did get attached to the family and am certainly happy that some, at least, got to live on, and that they seemed happy. But on the other hand, it was a weird tonal shift, Hill House is clearly evil, it was evil all series, and was in the book and the two movie adaptations, so it was really odd that it was played up as this...."farm upstate" for spirits, in the ending.

The ending seemed too neat, in respect to the survivors, yet really underplaying the events at Hill House I suppose it's not really a happy ending, except maybe for the Dudleys. Nell still died before her time, murdered by the mother she gets to spend an eternity with. Hugh had to sacrifice himself, to appease Olivia, who he also gets to spend eternity with (though I guess at least he and Nell have each other) And Olivia's spirit is still clearly insane, based on the way she was angrily staring at Steve as the Red Door closed.

So I'm not sure what to think of the ending, but I sure as hell enjoyed the journey so overall I liked it a lot.

@Sith_Sensei__Prime, @Darth Guy I'm presuming you guys finished it based on your likes. What were your thoughts?

Last edited: Dec 20, 2018
  14. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014
    Star Trek Voyager: "Worst Case Scenario": Tuvok and Paris are trapped on the holodeck when attempting to continue a program begun by Tuvok. They discover that Seska has sabotaged the program and must somehow escape before being killed.

Juliet316 likes this.
  15. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    Season 2 Episode 2 of Marvelous Mrs. Maisel. Everything about this show continues to be great except for the standup comedy routines themselves, which are utterly humorless. Even the representation of people laughing at Mrs. Maisel's standup irks me. "You are only pretending to laugh!" I shout at them. "This is all a sham!"

16. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    I have the same opinion as you, @Point Given. That being, the series overall was great, but it just didn't sit the landing as it was in conflict in tone with everything else that went on.

I'll repost my more detail thoughts on the ending of The Haunting of Hill from what I had posted in the Airwaves, Streams, Fibers & Cords: General TV Discussion thread
    I thought the last episode totally change the tone and horror aspects of the entire season.

Until the last episode or so, the viewers are made to believe the house is evil and is feeding on the people living in the house. However, after all is said and done, the people that once lived in the house now need the house to live forever with their departed. Everyone is "awake." So, the element of Hill House being evil is diminished to the point where it really wasn't. It's just some of the ghosts having fun with the new residents; namely Poppy Hill.

Personally, I was thinking the ending might be something along the lines of Stanley Kubrick's The Shining because of how Hill House was getting into the head of the mom, Liv Crain (Carla Gugino). I mean, when she did those master blue prints, it was almost like the scene in The Shining where we see what Jack has been writing on the typewriter.

I also want to get some more information on Liv's and Theo's powers on being able to "vibe" on objects and people. I thought Liv's power was the reason why she was getting headaches and her husband wasn't.

The ending was a feel good Hollywood story, where you feel good about Hill House remain standing and where all the characters end up.

I'm hopeful for a season two, but it would have to kind of retcon the ending of the first season or at least change the perception of the ending the audience had.

To which, the actor that play Luke in The Haunting of House Hill has a different idea about the ending of the series would resolve, which is...
    (from EW)
    There’s this thing that happens when we’re all in the Red Room,” Jackson-Cohen told The Wrap in an interview. “Every, uh — again, I feel like I have to be careful if I’m saying this right. [Laughs] But whenever each child, each sibling, is in the Red Room, something in the fantasy is red. And it’ll be a very, very small thing. For Luke, when Luke gets taken to the hotel room, he’s worn Converse throughout the show, and all of a sudden his Converse are red. And it’s so slight you can barely even see it. And I think Steven is wearing a red jumper [in his fantasy.]”

Yup, that checks out. Luke has been wearing black Cons all throughout the series, including his solo episode, “The Twin Thing.” In the finale, he’s spotted with red shoes in the spooky hotel room scene.

We’re with you so far, Jackson-Cohen.

[​IMG]

“And so there’s something at the end — it was Kate [Siegel], who plays Theo, who kind of pointed it out to me — with Luke’s sobriety cake,” the actor continued. “Um, she went, ‘The cake is red.’ And on set I went, ‘Oh, my God!’ And she went, ‘I don’t know!’ And I asked Mike [Flanagan], and he went ‘I don’t know.’ And so I can’t tell whether or not I’m just crazy with this — or whether or not it’s something that could have legs.”

[​IMG]

There lies the question: Is the scene with the family reunited around Luke real or is it another chilling vision from the Red Room? Viewers have been fooled before.

But, the writer said the story is done.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2018
    Point Given likes this.
  17. RolandofGilead

RolandofGilead Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2001
    I don't know if this counts, but the whole family sat down and watched the Pee Wee's Playhouse Christmas Special last night. We all absolutely loved it. Even after 30 years it still holds up, although we did have to explain who most of the "All-Stars" were to my girls.

Dagobahsystem likes this.
  18. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    The Vampire Diaries season 3 episode Ghost World. About every main character that was killed in the first two seasons returns for this episode as ghosts who are alive again.

19. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    All I remember is the ending. Damn

20. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    Tidelands s1 e1
    Good bodies, bad acting.

21. duende

Apr 28, 2006
    i finished this. pretty good. i don't know how they convinced so many of the original players to contribute.

22. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    Apollo's Daring Mission
    Insightful program about the crucial Apollo 8 mission that was an essential stepping stone for the moon landing.

Juke Skywalker likes this.
  23. Master_Rebado

Master_Rebado Chosen One star 6

May 31, 2004
    Vikings Season 5 episode 15

24. Kenneth Morgan

May 27, 1999
    The finale of "The Gauntlet", the new MST3K season, featuring "Ator, the Fighting Eagle". Lousy movie, good riffing. And it ends on not exactly a cliffhanger, but an open-ended note.
    Jonah and the whole crew are headed back to Earth? Kinga & Max are trapped in the Mads' archives? Ehrhardt is still headed for Clay & Frank's funeral? And there's still a multitude of lousy movies? Like I said before, I'm far more interested in where this could end up than I am in Episode IX.

25. duende

Apr 28, 2006
    black mirror "cumberbatch". pick "netflix" when you come to that option.