main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Where does Star Wars go as an IP from here?

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Future Films - Spoilers Allowed' started by 2Cleva, Jan 6, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    It only makes sense that the Nude Republic would have a Nude Jedi Order.

2. AvarandElzarsittininatree

AvarandElzarsittininatree Jedi Master star 4

Nov 13, 2021
    If the Nude Jedi Order start up I am a 100% sure at least half of them (at the very least) will fall to the dark side after things happen.

We'll have an Anakin and Padme situation times a thousand

Last edited: Nov 22, 2021
  3. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    Let's get one thing straight- the Mandalorians are not taking part in the nude republic- they are conscientious objectors.

Sarge and 2Cleva like this.
  4. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Mando after seeing Jedi council memeber Jocasta Nude...
    [​IMG]

Lee_ and 2Cleva like this.
  5. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    I don't think a grand plan will connect everything in the SW universe, but I do think they will build a series or trilogy of films and attempt to get moviegoers to connect to the new story and characters within the GFAA.

I don't believe they will do random stand-alone films as the norm. They tried that with the Anthology series, and ended up putting those on Disney + because of the Solo box office debacle. They will probably do some stand-alones, and may have more than one trilogy going, but again, this won't be the general way it will go IMO.

For sure RS could connect to whatever they are cooking up for future movies, to me it is just a surprise that they aren't offering up the meat of what they are cooking up. They are delaying it with this offering of hors d'oeuvres.

But who knows what they are going to do now with this delay? I think they should go all in and make the movies a part of what they are doing with streaming right now. They will probably end up doing that anyway if the new movies fail.

6. 2Cleva

2Cleva Chosen One star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    KK has chimed in.

https://www.empireonline.com/movies...eunion-star-wars-sequel-characters-exclusive/

Sounds like ST characters being retconned to fit the F&F universe to me.

Lee_ likes this.
  7. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    Sounds like she is just saying those characters will at some point return. I don't see them coming back anytime in the immediate future. We still have new OT/PT characters popping up in shows, which are obviously much older and have been dormant much longer.

2Cleva likes this.
  8. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    What makes you say that? Because to me it sounds like it's all one universe, with no retcons needed.

9. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    So F and F will do Mandalorian for the 30 plus years, lol.

10. 2Cleva

2Cleva Chosen One star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    Needs to fit with what the creative team (led by Filoni) want. Favreau already said in opening of Mandalorian that they had the same blank check to do what they want with the story as JJ and RJ said previously. Listening to Filoni - he clearly has strong ideas of SW that are in direct conflict of the ST.

Pretty clear what happened. DLF dove in with their previous movies without understanding and making sure the pieces fit together. With a creator is now in charge of the story (as Filoni's title and org chart signals), he's going to do things as close as what GL wanted.

GL didn't want the ST to play out like it did, Filoni isn't going to want it to play out like it did - the lack of investment shows DLFL is going with what's working.

Pretty predictable how this plays out.

Sounds like ST characters being retconned to fit the F&F universe to me.

Who made that claim? Filoni has stories all over the SW timeline right now. Who knows what future series are planned.

But from Mando to now Boba Fett - the Disney+ shows are right in line with what GL wanted to do with the ST, coincidence or not.

11. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    It still be 30 years later and Filoni will do what he can with best he can, he already has worked on ST.

12. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Here's the thing though: whether you like it or not, the ST did play out the way they did, and Kennedy hinting at ST characters featuring in future stories sounds more like LFL doubling down on that than anything else. You reading retcons into it sounds more like wishful thinking than any kind of "prediction".

13. DarthPhilosopher

DarthPhilosopher Chosen One star 6

Jan 23, 2011
    You’re doing great 2Celva. Pivoting from “the ST will be replaced by Filoni and Faverau’s version” to “Filoni and Faverau using the ST characters means they’re retconning it.” Fantastic, you’ll be right no matter what happens.

14. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    Interesting that Filhoni keeps in regular contact with Lucas. Lucas supposedly liked Mando.

SW still being mentored by old man Goerge.

Shamear, TCF-1138 and 2Cleva like this.
  15. 2Cleva

2Cleva Chosen One star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    GL was all up in the Boba Fett featurette just released and Filoni kept talking about GL. His influence is growing - whether official capacity or not.

Personal posts targeting me because you're in your feelings?

[​IMG]

16. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I think ST characters will likley be pared with Filoni's characters like in Mando is doing. Like Ahsoka and Ezra with Rey and Finn. Sabine with Poe and Rose. Filoni will merge stories with the ST era. Maybe Ahsoka and Ezra wil be the wise old mentors with young jedi kight Rey and Finn as they rebuild the jedi order.

17. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Well you do kinda come off ridiculous do to just fit your narrative and really never wanna back it up.

Riv_Shiel and Sarge like this.
  18. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    I mean, I'm sure Kennedy also remains in regular contact with him, considering they've been friends for four decades and she's his hand-picked successor.

How does Lucas featuring in a documentary that's largely about the history of a character who first appeared in a 41-year-old movie he wrote and produced indicated his current influence is growing? People keep treating this like it's a royal dynasty struggle and Lucas is some deposed monarch who's gradually regaining influence due to controlling loyalists in the court.

19. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018

Reminder that Daisy had lucnh with Kathleen Kennedy months ago, so more Rey content in future.

20. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I had coffee with my ex about a year ago. My wife needs to prepare for some exciting changes to our marriage.

21. 2Cleva

2Cleva Chosen One star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    Considering the history of GL with DLFL since he sold- to the point he compared them to slavers - the change in tenor to how GL has been embraced post film releases to after is telling for me. Canary in coal mine.

DLFL went from clearing rejecting GL to having him constantly showing up and being talked about by the new head of story. That's notable when a company changes direction/tone.

Lee_ likes this.
  22. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Well if your ex gets you a new job after soem good coffee,?

23. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    Right, I was talking about something specific there, not just "Hi George, how are those grandkids?"

Filhoni discusses George regularly giving him tips on aspects of movie making when they talk.

Shamear and 2Cleva like this.
  24. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I think Filoni will probaly be a part in any future stories with the ST era characters, and making stories for them. Some of Filoni's own characters is still alive at that point. Ahsoka, Hera, Hondo, Embo and Kix. Ezra and Sabine are likley still around.

25. AvarandElzarsittininatree

AvarandElzarsittininatree Jedi Master star 4

Nov 13, 2021
    Yeah no matter what anybody thinks of it the ST is here to stay and future stories will revolve around what happened in the ST.

Honestly I think they might be planning a Disney Plus series starring Rey.

Fredrik Vallestrand likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.