main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I.E., CA Whining, Worries and Woes

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by jedifan77, Jul 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. han-shot-first

han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda star 4 VIP

May 6, 2006
    Thanks for that Sandy. I had called Nancy for something yesterday and she told me that he was being taken to Loma Linda. Apparently it was a hit and run.

2. jangosmom

jangosmom Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2005
    Sorry to hear all that's going on with everyone...I'm glad your mom is home Carrie. Praying for protection for you and Ronnie Nikole! Hope your friend is ok Mike.

3. jedi_onasi

jedi_onasi Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 3, 2006
    Thanks, Debbie.

I'll be praying for your friend, Mike. I hope he's okay.

4. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Hey all,

Just dropping in to say I'm thinking of you and praying for your safety. [face_peace]

~Jada

5. jedi_onasi

Apr 3, 2006
    Thanks, Jada.

We're doing okay thanks to the wonderful fire fighters, police and volunteers.

6. HanChewie

HanChewie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2006
    Wonderful to know you all are safe.

7. Jedi_Knight_JT

Jedi_Knight_JT Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 11, 2006
    I applied for a job at a local Target. Didn't get an interview... :(

I also applied for a job as a library page at the local branch of the San Bernardino County Library (a few towns away from where I live) I haven't heard anything yet, but I was one of only 30 accepted applicants going for 2 positions & I have experience working in a library so... *crosses fingers* Hopefully they'll give me a call & I'll get the job.

8. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Cara_Undercover_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2006
    Mom started hyperventillating and said she was starting to black out so she told me to call my dad at work and he called 911. She's at the hospital again. Dad offered to take me with them to the hospital, but I just couldn't. After going to see my grandma so many times in the hospital, I vowed never to go back into one unless it was literally life-or-death. I don't know what was happening this time, but the paramedics seemed fairly optimistic.

Please pray that my mom will be okay.

9. HanChewie

Jul 3, 2006
    Prayers are going to your mom and all of you. I know what it is like to feel like she does, and I know how much the prayers work.

10. Jedi_Knight_JT

Jedi_Knight_JT Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 11, 2006
    Prayers going out to you & your family Cara. I hope everything is alright.

Edit: I'm kind like you on the hospital thing Cara. I saw one of my grandmothers die in a hospital, & I myself have been in a hospital with problems a few times... I don't even like to go to hospitals for just a basic check-up or to get a prescription....

11. jedi_onasi

Apr 3, 2006
    I'll be praying for your mom, Carrie.

While I've never been a fan hospitals, I'll still go if it's for someone else.
    Sometimes we just have to make ourselves do those things we don't like to.
    :)

12. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Nov 3, 2006
    Everyone says thank you for the prayers. Mom's home again and she'll be okay. After a whole battery of tests, they finally found out what's been going on-

100% STRESS. Mom's just had too much of it.

Everyone is soooo tired. My parents didn't get home until something like midnight and no one's gotten much sleep- except, thankfully, MOM. She finally got a full nights rest for the first time in weeks.

One of these days I need to talk my whole family into tagging along on an event so they can take a break.

13. HanChewie

Jul 3, 2006
    Wonderful she is doing much better. Stress is awful on everyone.

14. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    Vader, my cat, is really sick. I'm taking him down to the vet this morning. I have a feeling he's got feline leukemia, which is fatal, so I don't know if I'll be coming home with him. I'm so worried that I've gotten myself sick.

15. HanChewie

Jul 3, 2006
    Prayers for both Vader and you at this difficult time.

16. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Thanks, Sandy!

17. delta_1138

delta_1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 17, 2006
    Aw, not Vader. I hope he can get better.

18. jedi_onasi

Apr 3, 2006
    I agree with Kris. Not Vader!
    I'm so sorry about Vader.
    I hope he gets better.
    [:D]

19. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    I hope it's not anything serious and I sure hope you didn't get sick either.[:D]

20. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Besides allergies, there really aren't too many things you can get from your pets.

Thanks for everybody's concern. Even though he's just a cat, I really, really appreicate it!!

The vet doesn't think it's Feline Leukemia (YEA!) Just a really bad virus. They loaded him up with antibiotics and steriods and took blood. I'll know for sure tomorrow. His fever is already down and he's acting a bit more like himself. Don't think he's quite ready to take on the labs, as is his usual, but he's better.

21. Symina

Symina Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2006
    Aw, poor kitty. I hope he feels better soon!

22. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    [:D] For you and your Kitty Cat

23. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Nov 3, 2006
    Poor Vader!:( Get well soon, kitty! [:D]

It seems whenever one of us has bad news, another soon follows with more. I'm not trying to take away from anything, but my mom asked if everyone could please pray about our housing. All offers have been rejected because there are bids two or three times the asking price. Officially we were supposed to be out on the 15th, but our landlord is being generous and extending it to the first of October. It's still not enough for escrow to close even if an offer had been accepted, so we're looking at places to rent now.

I may be paranoid, but my dad has stated he'd be willing to rent somewhere that didn't allow pets. :mad: Not a chance in Mustafar. Not again. It's not that I think they'd want to do something like that, I'm just afraid that they're so desperate, they'll snap up the first place they see, whether it's pet-friendly or not.

Sorry for the rant, it's just that going through this once was more than enough.

24. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Carrie, don't worry about your baby. As I'd mentioned to you before, she can stay with me for an extended time, if needed. You'll just need to provide the food. Another 4 furry legs running around my joint won't even be noticed.

25. Symina

Symina Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2006
    So, it feels like a piano landed on me this morning. Darren called after he had gone to work. His director told him that 2 of his coworkers said that on Tuesday, Darren said he wanted to shoot someone with a gun. So, he's on administrative leave until an investigation has been completed. Of course, those of you who know Darren know that he'd be the last person in the world to hurt anyone. He can't remember saying anything about shooting anyone, even joking, so we're very confused. He works for the city, so it being government, they naturally take this thing seriously. We don't know if he said something in jest that for some reason they thought he was serious, but that doesn't make any sense. You know Darren is a funny guy and likes to joke, so even if he said something, it would be in a joking manner. But he can't even remember joking about it. I hope and pray that when they do their investigation, they will realize that Darren definitely doesn't fit the profile of a violent person. He has nothing to hide, so I'm trusting that "the truth will set him free". But in the meantime it's upsetting and confusing. Please keep us in prayer. Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.