main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Who can beat Superman?

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Books and Comics' started by Frosted_Lemon_Jedi, Nov 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Panther50

Panther50 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2004

That's if he deems killing a child the only way to stop Superman. Superman is also intelligent as well and invulnerable. The good doctor is a mere human against Superman.

[/quote]

I wouldn't rule the good Doctor out to soon. He doesn't have to kill Superman to beat him. He could probably whip up some sort of machine and banish him to another Dimension.

2. Obi Wan Bergkamp

Obi Wan Bergkamp Jedi Master star 3

Oct 19, 1998

Exactly what I had in mind. The points have been made earlier in the thread that Superman's powers have altered somewhat {pre and post crisis for example}. The Doctor wouldn't have to kill a child, just take out Superman at the most vunerable point.

Alternatively, if The Doctor has preset the TARDIS to a point away from yellow solar energy all he would have to do is lure Superman into it. The TARDIS' State Of Grace circuitry would prevent Superman injuring The Doctor. Once Superman's batteries have run down he woud simply have to open the Eye of Harmony and seal Superman inside.

OK, if Superman was to surprise The Doctor by suddenly attacking him, then he would probably win, but in any sort of 'One of you must defeat the other' scenario, then it would be The Doctor every time.

Assuming he can catch them. Yes Superman is faster than a speeding bullet, but can he do Warp 8?

3. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    He can nail them before they can go to warp 8.

4. Darth Aiser

Darth Aiser Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2006
    If memerory servces right the enterprise has shields, armour. He may be able to fight through the armor and I don't know how he would react to the shields. Anyway if any one wanted to biuld some thing out of Kryptoninte just look for the remains of the planet it would be an astroid belt. When all planets blow up they always leave a belt may not be in same location but its out there a big belt probaly several million tons of Kyptonite. Its only rare in areas away from the origanal blast point. so if you could incapacte him with a small chunk you know he falls unconsious then sedate him with pills. But him a ship find an decent sized astroid to which was in his own planet's astroid belt build the tomb but him in close it then but it on a course for the nearest red star. And kill all of his friends family everyone who cared about him.

Now on after though why would any "good guy " wish to kill him or at least nuetralize him I haven't a clue. And he can die of old age. He ages like a human. If your time traveling person go to his grave and Dance, take a leak or what ever and he can't do you no harm.[face_cow]

5. Soontir-Fel

Soontir-Fel Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2001

Grant Morrison and Superman one million would argue with you about that.

6. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    As to sheilds, all he'd have to do is give it a king size punch. The same way that Gladiator did in "Star Trek/X-Men". So long as the sheilds aren't magic, Superman can break through at super speed. As to Krypton, that's true. But they have to know that he is weak against Kryptonite in the first place.

7. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Just what version of Superman are we talking about here? Pre-Crisis? Post-Crisis? John Burn? pre-Pre-Crisis? Superman Returns? Uber at everything you want so Superman always wins? Is there no ground rule here?

8. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    No, I'm just pointing out that Superman can do a lot of stuff. And that the Federation ships are known for having sheilds that don't last too long from repeated barrages.

9. Master_Jedi80

Master_Jedi80 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 27, 2005
  10. Raven

Raven Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 5, 1998

On a related note, Equus was the villain for the Lee run on Superman, and he gave Superman a good run for his money. And Karate Kid wiped the floor with him.

11. Darth_Sabith

Darth_Sabith Jedi Master star 4

Oct 17, 2006
    The GL Corps could take him down...Batman...anyone under a red sun or around alot of Kryptonite could beat the man of steal

12. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    That's pretty much like saying "If Bruce Lee had his limbs cut off I could totally have taken him."

13. Darth_Sabith

Oct 17, 2006
    Well you go that route I say Doomsday could take him with little problems

14. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    Well yeah. I mean, he did. Admittedly they both died, but still.

15. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    Doomsday won once. After that, Superman beat him everytime.

16. Soontir-Fel

Soontir-Fel Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2001
    There are 7200 Green Lanterns.

They can take anyone on.

17. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    Which is quite bizarre, since Doomsday should've evolved beyond being hurt by Superman's blows.

18. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    In his first encounter after their mutual resurrection, Clark got beat fighting toe to toe again. He won thanks to Linear Men technology which took him to the end of time, something he couldn't survive. Clark uses brains and not brawn to win. Clark uses brains again, this time to separate Brainiac from Doomsday, who brought him back from the end of time and then trap him in the JLA transporter. We know that Imperiex killed Doomsday and quite easily at that. It was Jeph Loeb who came up with Superman no longer being afraid of Doomsday and thus being strong enough to beat him down. But then, Loeb's been known for doing these things in his stories. There's not a real conclusive fight during "In The Name Of Gog". We do see the two Kals beat Doomsday in a matter of moments, with Kal-L being strong enough to batter him down.

Dan Jurgens was consistant, Jeph Loeb not so much.

19. Darth_Sabith

Oct 17, 2006
    Yeah but if he does evolve enough he will be able to take sups down...also what about another Kryptonian? And here's a question how many of you think sups should be immune to his Kryptonite weakness after all he's been exposed to it more times then I can count now.

20. Lord_NoONE

Lord_NoONE Jedi Master star 5

Dec 17, 2001
    I don't think you can develop an immunity to a form of radiation...which I understand to be the case for Kal-el and Kryptonite.

21. Darth_Sabith

Oct 17, 2006
    Actually I belive you can build up an immunity to nearly anything as long as you give your body a chance to do it...not to mention it's a comic/fictional character who gets his power from Solar Radiation So I'd think he might be able to do just that.

22. Lord_NoONE

Lord_NoONE Jedi Master star 5

Dec 17, 2001
    Maybe you're right. I don't know enough about the Superman-verse. I just thought that since Kryptonite is radioactive to Kryptonians but harmless to humans, that Kal would never be able to become immune to its effects. Perhaps, darth-sinister can clear this up...at least for me.

23. Darth_Sabith

Oct 17, 2006
    Well Kryptonite is harmful to humans it actually can cause cancer with prolong exposure...Other effects have also been seen one such was the Kryptoniteman.

24. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    Pre-Crisis, a story was done where Superboy/Kal-El built up an immunity to Green Kryptonite, but that didn't last and he was affected once again. In "Kingdom Come", Lex claims that Superman is now immune to Kryptonite. Though that's an Elseworlds which has now become Earth-22. When the original multiverse existed, Kryptonians were immune to the Kryptonite of another Earth. Power Girl isn't because she has merged into the merged Earth and can be affected. Currently Green Kryptonite affects him, but it doesn't cripple him as quickly as before. Unless he is blasted by it constantly in an energy form or shot with Kryptonite bullets. Exposure to yellow and possibly blue solar energy, will fight against Kryptonite. According to Action Comics Annual #10, Lex stated that Green Kryptonite causes the yellow solar energy in his body to be expelled as the radiation sits within his body. Exposure to yellow solar energy once the Kryptonite is no longer near him, will return him to good health.

Green Kryptonite as a solid can make people sick over time. If one is blasted by Green Kryptonite directly in an energy form, they'll suffer radiation burns. Prolonged exposure can kill them just as normal radiation does to humans. And yes, the Kryptonite Man and Conduit were both examples of humans infected with Kryptonite and both became so much more. Both were metahumans who when exposed to a sufficent amount, could expell it from their bodies. The Kryptonite became a being of pure Green Kryptonite. Conduit became a guy who with some powerful technology, could channel it out of his body while looking largely normal.

[image=http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g92/darth-sinister/Avatars/Avatars-2/Kryptonite_Man.jpg]

[image=http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g92/darth-sinister/Avatars/Avatars-2/Avatars-3/AC_Cv853.jpg]

[image=http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g92/darth-sinister/Avatars/Avatars-2/Avatars-3/conduit07.jpg]

[image=http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g92/darth-sinister/Avatars/Avatars-2/Avatars-3/conduit03.jpg]

Red, Gold and Blue have not been tested on humans.

25. Darth_Sabith

Oct 17, 2006
    =D=

Nicely stated just fyi I'm currently tring to create my own Kryptonian characters and have a story going on about them so question since you are a superman expert was there ever a time when a large Metor from Krypton almost crashed into the earth and also what are the normal effects of Black and Red K. On kryptonians.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.