main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who cried when Anakin burst into flames?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by anibad, Nov 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_Chibi_Kiriyama

The_Chibi_Kiriyama Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 9, 2005
    o_O Umm, what? It's obvious that Anakin didn't believe absolutely every word that flew out of Palpatine's mouth. Otherwise he would have stayed devoted to him rather than talking about slaying him and taking his fledging Empire as his own.

2. Leias_love_slave

Leias_love_slave Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 26, 2003
    If Anakin had let the younglings go, people would go "Aw! See? It's not so bad, this thing that he's doing."

3. LittleGreenManYoda

LittleGreenManYoda Jedi Youngling star 3

May 26, 2005
    First time I saw it in theaters I cried just one tear, Second time in theaters Laughed my ass off. Third time watching it 15 minutes ago on DVD, I cried so its a off and on thing.

4. The_Chibi_Kiriyama

The_Chibi_Kiriyama Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 9, 2005
    No, it would have shown that he has a shred of humanity. The eventual revelation that he has been redeemed for his past actions in ROTJ would have been a little less hard to believe, y'see?

5. BENSKYWAKER

BENSKYWAKER Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2005
    someone said that blowing up aldrean was worse then killing younglings... THAT INVOLVES KILLING YOUNGLIGS! And manupulating people to turn to evil does to... When the youngligs died I cried a river. How could anakin do that... How is it possible that little Anakin from TPM kill younglings! :_|

6. masterluke9

masterluke9 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2005
    Vader din't really destroy Alderran, in the first movie he seems like a puppet of grand Moff Tarkin

7. Yodas-evil-twin

Yodas-evil-twin Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 3, 2005
    People change over time. When Adolf Hitler was little I doubt anyone would've predicted what he would do. And now his name is interchangeable with the worst qualities a human being can have.

8. Leias_love_slave

Oct 26, 2003
    Yes, I see.

In ROTS, Anakin can wipe out the Jedi, but spare the younglings so the audience will know that he still has a shred of humanity.

Then in ANH, we can say "Okay, he's killing that guy by crushing his throat with his hand, but he's not all bad. After all, he spared those younglings in Episode III."

In the next episode, whenever he brutally kills a subordinate, we can say "Well, he did spare those younglings."

When he slices off his own son's hand, we can say "Okay, okay, but he did spare the younglings."

In ROTJ, when Luke says that there is still good in Anakin, we'll all say "Of course, silly! He spared the younglings. Remember?"

When Luke is on the floor, pleading for help, we the audience will be saying "What are you waiting for, Anakin? We've known all along that you weren't all that bad because...

...you spared the younglings."

9. sal

sal Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    Why would someone laugh at that scene.
    No one laughed in the theater both times I saw it, you must have some pretty sick audience members in your area.:oops:

10. sal

sal Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    It wasnt pathetic, what would you do if one of your loved ones died, you would be in denial, I sure as hell thought no when I heard of a loved ones death.[face_peace]

11. Leias_love_slave

Oct 26, 2003
    A few years ago, I went to see 'The Exorcist' when it was re-released with previously unseen footage. The majority of the audience were teenagers who laughed continuously throughout the film until finally an older person lost it and screamed at them to "shut the **** up!"

It's a sign of the times, I guess.

12. sal

sal Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    I hate it when people think they are so much better than others that they can just do what they want whenever, thank God no body was rude enough to ruin the experience for me.:)

13. -E-

-E- Jedi Master star 3

Sep 1, 2003
    I was spoiled for the movie, so I was suprised by my reaction: Anxiety and frustration.
    I'm a pyrophobe, so being somewhat disturbed by the scene was expected, but I found myself frustrated with Obi-Wan.
    The mantra was running through my head, "Kill him or put him out!". In real life, that's what a 'man' would do, and I'd be angry at someone who didn't. I understand why it was this way for the story and film series, but that didn't stop me from thinking of Obi-Wan as being a tad bit of a gutless wonder in this particular particular case.
    I finished this scene highly irked, rather than sad.

14. FallenKnight88

FallenKnight88 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 26, 2005
    I actually remember doing the exact same thing Obi-wan did as Anakin burned (i.e. turned his head away). It was just really hard to watch...

15. millenniumteacher

millenniumteacher Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 11, 2005
    I balled out crying when Obi said, "You were like my brother, I loved you." Too sad.

16. GODCONVOYPRIME

GODCONVOYPRIME Jedi Youngling star 1

May 14, 2005
    I was bawling.

17. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    [image=http://www.soniguales.com/fotos/Beavis.gif]

Beavis: "Fire, Fire, Fire!"

:p

I didn't cry but I did feel for him.

18. anibad

anibad Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 13, 2005
    Erm.All of the people saying that he choked his wife to death.He didn't,he just injured her she actually died of a broken heart.

Yes,he did cause that but don't you think you are being a bit harsh.

19. jvberggren

jvberggren Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2004
    i didn't...
    but when anakin said: "i hate you" i must admit i got a little emotional.
    even more heartbreaking than padme's heart breaking into pieces...

20. TheSith14

TheSith14 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 6, 2005
    I was pretty chocked when he burst into flames on the lavabank and started screaming, but I didnt cry.

21. BrideofVader

BrideofVader Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 18, 2005
    Yes I cried. I felt sorry for Anakin, even though he did such horrible things. I felt worse for Obiwan. I can imagine that image is burned (no pun intended) into his mind forever. All of these tragic things had to happen in order to bring balance. No one cheered or laughed in the theater I was in. A lot of people were just in shock.

And anyone who laughs at such a scene is in denial of the darkness in their own heart. Have you no compassion?

22. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    I didn't cry, but I was deeply moved. Not for Anakin, but for Obi-Wan. I felt so sorry for Obi-Wan, because it was obvious he was being emotionally destroyed by what he had to do to Anakin (whch was why, in the end he left Anakins fate to the force, rather than killing him himself) Very moving!

23. Fat_Bird

Fat_Bird Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 1, 2005
    **Edited - Language**

24. Obi-Chron

Obi-Chron Jedi Master star 4

Nov 11, 2003
    Q: "Who cried when Anakin burst into flames?"

A: Anakin, oh -- and Padme! We saw Padme's tears. Anakin's just evaporated in the flamesl.

Crying for Anakin would be like weeping for Hitler, Stalin or Pol Pot! The guy's a patsy, a butcher, a child-killer! He deserved a much, much worse fate.

25. masterluke9

masterluke9 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2005
    Amen, why is everyone crying over this Anakin was being a stuck up **edited** star out the whole word i'm glad he got burned.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.