main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who should head of Lucasfilm?

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by CISMestizo, Jun 15, 2020.

?

Who should run Lucasfilm?

1. Dave Filoni

2. Jon Favreau

3. Kathleen Kennedy

4. Kevin Feige

5. Other(Please Explain in Comments)

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. SWfan2002

SWfan2002 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2002
    John Knoll?!

2. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I will take over.

Lulu Mars likes this.
  3. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    He's a visual effects producer.

4. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    When that happens the world ends. [face_rofl]

Last edited: Apr 11, 2022
  5. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    I agree with this. Kathleen will pass the baton to Michelle for sure. She’ll be the one most qualified for the job and will keep things running smoothly.

…but until that day comes, KK should stay right where she is. All things considered, I believe the future for Lucasfilm is as bright as it can be at the moment.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2022
  6. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    If this were any normal position, Kennedy would have been fired for poor performance after the Disney Trilogy blew up. Unless George comes out of retirement, my vote is for Dave Filoni. He has yet to be involved in a bad project and really gets Star Wars.

7. Dark Ferus

Dark Ferus Chosen One star 8

Jul 29, 2016
    Katie Lucas? She's George's daughter and her work on TCW was some of the best in my opinion. She'd certainly respect his vision.

8. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Katie Lucas dosent work at Lucasfilm and Dave Filoni would never be president of Lucasfilm, and Resistance tv show is his one bad tv show. And no Kathleen Kennedy would have been fired for making 4 billion dollars.

9. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    How about Jon Favereau?

10. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    IT dosent seem to interested him really. He just wants to nake his own stories. Like Filoni he dosent want that position.

DartJackson and Bazinga'd like this.
  11. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

It's funny how people want creatives to be the head of a company when a good creative doesn't make a good Producer.

Like ...Do people know what Producers do?

MCU fans here don't think Kevin Fiege writes down the scripts right?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2022
  12. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I am glad KK won the poll. Why relegate Filoni to something where his creative skills can not be put to the most use? Same with Jon? Makes no sense. People often forgot that Lucas wasn’t the president of Lucasfilm for almost a decade before he sold the company.

13. TFWBWYA

TFWBWYA Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 21, 2022
    Some say Jon Favreau. I'm not so sure. Definitely not Dave Filoni, he is a creator, not business minded. He needs to have creative control of all Star Wars projects. Lucasfilm needs a business person with a love for Star Wars.

Kathleen Kennedy is a glorified secretary who has been mishandling this franchise and lied to George to his face since George signed it over. Even Steven Spielberg, did not have kinds words for her.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2022
  14. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    Right, the person who is probably the most famous and accomplished female producer in Hollywood history is just "a glorified secretary"... [face_clown]

How would you possibly have any idea what Kennedy and Lucas have said to each other?
    And what on earth makes you think that Spielberg "did not have kind words for her", considering they have been friends for ages and can still regularly be seen together at all sort of events?

Sounds more like you can't handle that she as involved with something you don't like, and now have to engage in rather pitiful attempts of insulting someone who has actually accomplished something...
    That you list Filoni as a creator, while being unsure about Favreau, even though the latter has never been anything but a creator (a far more famous one than Filoni at that) and is most definately not a business-man, doesn't exactly speak about in-depth knowledge about any of these people, or what their jobs actually entail.

Some people can be unhappy with something and still offer criticism in a mature way, others apparently cannot.

15. TFWBWYA

Feb 21, 2022
    Do some research, then we talk again.

16. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Boring KK hate talk, lol.

Lulu Mars and KyleKartan like this.
  17. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I wonder if a man would ever be called a “glorified secretary.” [face_thinking]

Lulu Mars, TCF-1138 , Vialco and 4 others like this.
  18. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    That "glorified secretary" has more professional accomplishments than most of us could ever dream of. Chose your next words carefully.

19. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    Interesting topic, I guess it must have opened during one of my frequent long breaks from the forums.

I vote for Filoni, because I would vote for him even for the position of the President of the US.
    Considering what kind of presidents we've been having lately now that I think about it, especially for that.

Favreau has been a very successful producer, and is actually considered one of the 3-4 main people that are responsible for the fact that the MCU met huge financial and commercial success. The guy convinced Kathleen Kennedy to literally give him his own Star Wars show, the first Star Wars TV show ever, and excelled at producing that too. I don't think you have a lot of in-depth knowledge on that matter either. He is a fabulous businessman. He has also been a good actor, other than a great producer and a great director.

No reason to compare professions, I am far more proud about my job than I would be as any producer and/or head of a studio company :p
    Whatever makes anyone happy.

20. TFWBWYA

Feb 21, 2022
    If you are going to threaten me on this board, then ban me instead. I have no kind words for that woman. If people did their research, they would sing a different tune. Maybe it's time for me to move on from this board anyway.

21. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    There is no prohibition about criticizing someone, especially if you support your opinion. However, using Misogynistic tropes is not tolerted here or should it be in any part of civil society for that matter.

22. Qui-Gon Keith

Qui-Gon Keith Jedi Master star 2

Oct 5, 2015
    Frankly, I would still have Kathleen Kennedy as Lucasfilm chief. Anyone coming after GL would never have been accepted by the fanbase. And any decision made by the successor would meet with instant hate from segments of the fanbase. You simply cannot please everyone.

One key reason I still would have KK as Lucasfilm chief is that she made Leia the center of the saga instead of just Luke alone. As Bail Organa said in "Obi-Wan Kenobi", Leia is as important as Luke. And Leia had such an amazing and dominant presence in the ST, no matter how you feel about the ST.

Also, KK may be hated for approving the deaths of the Big Three in the ST, but she should be lauded for taking such narrative risks, especially with TLJ. The Saga is generational. Each trilogy has its generation of heroes and their heroes' journeys. So the decision had to be made to kill off Luke, Han & Leia because it was not their story anymore. The ST ain't the EU. It is its its own thing and as of this writing until Lucasfilm gets sold off someday, it is SW canon.

I'm not a Disney shill by posting this and I'm not getting any monetary benefit by praising KK. Though I certainly would like to be. Haha.

May the Force be with you all.

23. KyleKartan

KyleKartan Force Ghost star 4

Feb 4, 2004
    Certainly you can enlighten us with your insights and sources. I mean its upon you to clarify what you're talking about and showing us proof of your claims. Dont tell me to google it myself, thats not how it works. Its your place to proof your claims and words and not the other way around.

24. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Is this the same kind "research" that Flat Earthers do?

25. Trev Elyt

Trev Elyt Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 22, 2019
    [​IMG]

I wish I could like this post 1,000 times! I couldn’t agree more with everything you said.

One of the best things about the Disney era of Star Wars — and one that I feel is severely overlooked by so many fans — is the fact that they made Leia as important as Luke. I was lucky enough to grow up with both the originals and the prequels, but my initial Star Wars experience was defined by the Original Trilogy, so for me, Luke and Leia were always at the heart of the story more than anyone else. The prequels obviously recontextualized that, but for me, Star Wars has always been about the Skywalker twins, and I love that the importance of both characters was explored, not only in the sequels, but also in Obi-Wan Kenobi.

As far as character deaths go, I understand the frustration that comes with seeing our heroes die on-screen, but as far as I’m concerned, they were given meaningful deaths that enhanced the story and brought their arcs full circle. If the prequels were released before the originals, I’m sure people would’ve complained about Obi-Wan and Yoda dying, too — it’s difficult to say goodbye to your heroes, but like you said, the saga is generational. Luke, Leia and Han fulfilled their purpose in this trilogy by paving the way for the next generation of heroes.

Getting back to the initial point, I think Kathleen Kennedy’s done a damn good job, all things considered. Filling the shoes of someone like George Lucas is no easy feat, and as far as I’m concerned, absolutely no one could’ve come in and done a better job.