main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Who should steal the Death Star plans?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by purplerain, Feb 14, 2014.

1. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Well, Tagge seems to be the one worried about the growing rebellion so perhaps he just doesn't see the Death Star as a feasible deterrent against that. That any destroyed planets will only serve as martyrs and push more planets to rebel instead of keeping them in line.

purplerain likes this.
  2. phatdude1138

phatdude1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2005
    I'm a hopeless romantic, so I like the idea of Han's long lost love Bria transmits the stolen plans to Leia's ship before she is cut down by stormtroopers.

But in reality I would prefer they just stay clear of it so anyone who has their preferred method of stolen plans via the EU will not be steamrolled.

However though, I bet they may touch upon it and add their own version, which my assumption will be canon.

3. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I feel like whether the show is or is not successful will determine whether or not they deal with this.

If TCW were cancelled after 1 or 2 seasons, there would have been really no impact on the films. As it got into its later seasons, TCW started to tie into the visuals of ROTS more, and with the Bonus Content, we see that they were beginning to tie into the larger plots of the films and explain things like Order 66, while the S5 finale arc showed growing distrust of the Jedi, etc.

If Rebels only lasts a season or two, I don't think they'll really affect anything. If the show goes into 4, 5 or 6 seasons, I imagine that like TCW, Rebels will start to tie into the films more and that things like the first victory of the Rebel Alliance and the stolen Death Star plans will figure into the show in some way to tie the finale into ANH (so long as the series isn't cancelled prematurely like TCW).

TCW showed the progression over a 3 year war, and could have led right up to the Battle of Coruscant had it so desired, and from what rumors there were of an arc in which Padme would nearly achieve peace with the CIS before Grievous attacks Coruscant, it looked like that was the plan.

I would imagine that Rebels will show a progression over the 5 year period prior to ANH, and if they aim for 5 seasons like TCW had, that's a year/season. If the show is allowed to end on Lucas Animation's terms, rather than due to lack of interest. I would heavily suspect it would lead straight up to Leia running from the Devastator.

4. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Oh come on. She's far too avant garde for that.

Ahsoka wouldn't steal the Death Star plans.

Ahsoka would steal the Death Star.

5. CommanderDrenn

CommanderDrenn Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 19, 2013
    I liked that just so I could unlike it. :p

Anyway, I want an EU version of the theft, but as I am not familiar with all the plots pertaining to that, I'd have to look at a list.

Darth Valkyrus likes this.
  6. Heero_Yuy

Heero_Yuy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    More like, Ahsoka is the one who guides Lil' Skyguy's (Her nickname for Luke now BTW) torpedoes down the exhaust port, thus destroying the Death Star.

Now we know why Chewie didn't get a medal. It was being saved for the TRUE hero of the Rebellion. She gets her own ceremony of course. As soon as those three bums who helped a little take a hike.

7. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    So that's why Luke turned off his navigating computer.

8. Heero_Yuy

Heero_Yuy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    Exactly.

"Luke, you switched off your targeting computer. What's wrong?"

"Nothing! I'm all right! The eternally talented, always sexy Ahsoka Tano's got this!"

9. Darth Valkyrus

Apr 12, 2013
    I've got the germ of an idea now.. during some ep in Rebels, for... whatever reason, Ahsoka turns up and with utter brazen audacity, as well as the help of an expert slicer and falsifier of records, she successfully engages in a bit of Grand Theft Star Destroyer.

*Imperial refueling depot LV426*
    *A Lambda-class shuttle drops from hyperspace, transmits some codes*
    Pilot: "We have the new captain for the ISD Direwolf aboard, be ready to recieve her."
    *It lands in the hangar, the ramp descends and out comes Ahsoka in the uniform of an Imperial Captain. Right down to the hat, modified with a cutout on the left and right to accomodate the montrals. The waiting officers look surprised.
    Officer: "I was not aware that the new captain was to be a female Togruta. In fact I was not aware there were any Togruta females serving in the Imperial navy, much less as captains"
    She turns a whithering gaze upon him "Do I detect an insubordinate note, officer?"
    *He stiffens and gulps* "No sir"
    "Good. It would be unfortunate if I had to relieve you of duty. There are more than one hundred thousand vessels of all configurations in the Imperial Navy, every one of them with a captain. Do you pretend to know every one?"
    "No sir" said the officer meekly.
    "I thought not. I could tell you to go look up the naval records if you doubted me. But you have no reason to doubt me."
    "Very good sir."
    *They head for the turbolifts that will take them to the bridge*

*One of them does surreptitiously go and look her up in the Imperial Navy database, but she checks out, of course. That uber slicer friend of hers has taken care of that.*

Aaaaand this thread has just about derailed into another Tano Treatise. Now, back to your regularly scheduled discussion of who should steal the DS plans.

ReigningHope and Revanfan1 like this.
  10. Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes

Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2013
    You guys all make me sad with your bullying of Ahsoka...she has feelings you know!!!!:(

11. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I know, we should be nicer.

I remember the days; back when I was pixelated in 3D, I had feelings too. :_|

12. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    [face_rofl]

Oh, my brother would be throwing a fit if he saw this thread! He won't have any wrong said about Ahsoka. And...I'm over it.

[face_rofl]

13. Original Oatmeal

Original Oatmeal Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 22, 2013
    When I first saw ANH in the big screen when I was about 12 in 1997, I remember the female captain, or what's her name, mentioned how many people died in obtaining the plans of the Death Star. I have always wanted to see who obtained the plans and how. I cannot think of what could be more important. Other than getting the plans, I want Rebels to eventually kill off Darth Maul, Ahsoka, Mace Windu, lost jedi, and others, maybe, that is if they think they need to, or something. There are many characters that they can kill off that do not show up in the OT.

Unless if they want to use some of the characters in the ST.

The writers or Rebels should cross reference their notes with Abram and those of the ST to make sure there are no contradictions or problems. For example, Ahsoka can't be dead or die in Rebels if she shows up in the ST..........

14. Darth Valkyrus

Apr 12, 2013
    You're mixing up ANH with RoTJ. It's in RoTJ where Mon Mothma speaks of how many spies died to bring them the information that the unfinished DS2 is being personally overseen at Endor by Palpatine.

Revanfan1, TaradosGon and Iron_lord like this.
  15. Original Oatmeal

Jan 22, 2013
    Ok. My bad. But people still died for finding the plans for the first Death Star, too, right? I wonder what was harder, getting the secrets to the first or second Death Star. What do you think?

Oh by the way, should they make TV shows or films for between ESB and ROTJ or in between any of the other films?

Maybe a show for before TPM would be fun.

Iron_lord likes this.
  16. Darth Maul Apprentice

Darth Maul Apprentice Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2014
    I don't. Kill off all the others but Maul. Ashoka drives me crazy (not in a good way). It wouldn't bother me at all for her to get gutted like a fish. I know everyone has favorites and such but maybe the best thing to do is leave TCW alone, and just start fresh with Rebels, forget about the past characters or deal with them in the EU restart or whatever that will be called.

17. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Has not seen ROTS yet?

*Slowly backs out of thread*

18. Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes

Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2013

[face_rofl]

Has not heard about Story Group either?

*Joins Revanfan1 outside*

19. Jiimas-Paarsa

Jiimas-Paarsa Jedi Youngling

Feb 18, 2014
    How about the bothans? Yes I know they were who stole the second Death Star plans but why not have them steal the original Death Star plans as well

20. Original Oatmeal

Jan 22, 2013
    Vader leaks the plans to the Rebels. That would be an awesome twist that could rival the twists found on Breaking Bad, Dexter, Walking Dead, etc....... because Vader has this conflict, which means sometimes he does bad things and sometimes he does good things and part of him still wants to overthrow the Emperor.

Mace Windu might be dead... just as dead as Maul was until Maul came back haha.

21. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    I like the idea that it was Dooku. :D I could see it before he died.

22. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    Oh man, if they resurrect Mace Windu (even just to kill him again), that really would be a jumping the shark moment.

23. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    Kyle Katarn. No compromises there.

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  24. Battledroid796

Battledroid796 Jedi Youngling

Feb 21, 2014
    One word. Ashoka.

25. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011