main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Events Wookiee Day - An EUC Wide Celebration through the New Year!

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Jedi Master Kenobiwan, Dec 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    I'm back. Man my sleep schedule is bad. So everyone, favorite Wookiee?

2. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    LOOK!!! This guys bringing Friends!!!!

[​IMG]

3. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013
    [​IMG]

Happy Wookie Day my fellow Jedi, EUC'ers and all of TFN! :chewie:

4. Kyber Acyk

Kyber Acyk Jedi Master star 3

Nov 30, 2017
    *wanders into the bar and takes a seat* finally, I have time to enjoy the festivities!!

May I have a glass of wookie milk please? :)

5. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    Hi. Happy holiday season.

*eats one cookie*

6. Master Vo

Master Vo Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2017
    Adalia-Durron likes this.
  7. BookExogorth

BookExogorth Force Ghost star 4

May 4, 2017

Chewie, of course. Zaalbar was great in KotOR, though.

8. Kyber Acyk

Kyber Acyk Jedi Master star 3

Nov 30, 2017
    Thank you :)

It definitely has to be Chewie for me. Although, Zaalbar comes in a very, very close second in my book; I have been a huge fan of Knights Of The Old Republic for years.

9. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    Good picks. Hanharr is maybe my favorite. i really liked having a Wookiee villain

Adalia-Durron and WookieeRage like this.
  10. WookieeRage

WookieeRage Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2016
    You have no equal favorite Wookiee! I am here!

11. BookExogorth

BookExogorth Force Ghost star 4

May 4, 2017
    Umm... Kenobiwan, you did make a rule about not letting the carnivorous in, right?
    Right?

:p

12. WookieeRage

Feb 3, 2016
    *licks door handle on the way out.*

Until next time, Jedi!

13. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Does that guy have any idea how many germs are on that door handle!?!? Good god, he could have the plague now!!! :p

vncredleader and Kyber Acyk like this.
  14. WookieeRage

Feb 3, 2016
    *crop dusts said plague on the way out*

QueenSabe7 and vncredleader like this.
  15. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    You know, a disinfected wet wipe would have done the job :p[face_laugh] I sense the King of Overkill :p

vncredleader and Kyber Acyk like this.
  16. Tython Awakening

Tython Awakening Force Ghost star 4

Oct 12, 2017
    There is a briar patch with some thorns for bad Wookies to trip over on their way out.

[​IMG]
    If the bad Wookies came to steal Orga Root, they are in for a surprise.... The Orga plants are fiercely protective of who can pick their roots.

[​IMG]
    The Orga trees dwell in the lower levels of Kashyyyk. Let's just say the trees have a conscience and can sense evil intentions.​
    [​IMG]

Blade Of Kenobi and BookExogorth like this.
  17. Blade Of Kenobi

Blade Of Kenobi Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 18, 2012
    Repost:

IC: Edo Vilsa

"Of course, Master Chetan. I’ll pick the padawans up right away."

I sigh. Did he have to call right in the middle of making the Wookiee cookies I was going to surprise everyone with? Guess it served me right for blocking off my calendar by only saying meditation time. These cookies were the weirdest thing I'd ever made, not that I'd made much. Most of the steps involved preparing the ingredients. That included pounding the cocoa fruits into a mash, seeding some grains, and finding 6 Porg eggs. Apparently the creatures were abundant on Ach-To; strange that I hadn't seen any before. Of course, the recipe wouldn't be as much work if I had gotten the pre-granulated cane and taken all the other shortcuts, but I was working on a jedi budget right now. Thankfully, I had been able to find much of the industrial-grade equipment that the preparation required in the Kitchen wing of the temple. With so much hustle and bustle in the kitchens before lifeday, I was able to borrow some of the more obscure wares without being noticed.

I surveyed my workspace. I had most of the dough assembled, but thankfully it wasn’t at too crucial of a state. However, the padawans picking out a tree were an hour away, approximately, and it wouldn’t survive that long with some of the persnickety ingredients. Hm… I couldn’t really com anyone else for any probable reason, except perhaps…

“Padawan? Are you there?”

He wasn’t, but I could leave a message. He had wondered what we did on Saridona for Life Day, and last I heard, he was doing some research in the archives. I might as well ask him to finish up the cookies, right? It would be enjoyable, hopefully.

"I have most of what is needed for the cookies done, but I need you to finish them for me, if you would. Would you? Thanks.”

Closing the com, I hoped Knight Irishi wouldn’t be too aggravated with me for letting my padawan do some of the supposedly secret work. The Wookie cookie makers were not to let anyone know who they were. At least, that’s how I remembered it at home. The makers would then leave them almost everywhere to be discovered. I’d never done it at the temple before, but at home, where I’d celebrated once before, it was great fun.

IC: Blade
    Temple Archives/Library

Blade sat in front of the holotab computer inside the Jedi temple's library, clicking away and scrolling as he browsed the holonet and read the pages in the digital archives containing information on Life Day and Wookiee customs. Spread out in front of him were about a half dozen datapads and leatherbound tomes on Galactic history and Wookiee customs sitting atop the wooden oak desk. He had always taken an interest in Galactic history and the different customs of the beings that populated the galaxy, and was curious about the Life Day festivities on Saridona Prime. He had gone to the library to do some research and satiate his curiosity. Suddenly, a faint buzzing sound stirred him from his almost trance like state of concentration. He reached inside a pocket in his cloak and pulled out a comlink. He saw his Master had left him a message asking him if he would join her in the kitchens and lend a hand in baking the famous cookies."Sure," he replied. "I'll be right there." He just hoped he didn't end up burning them! He got up from the desk and made his way towards the kitchens. As he neared the kitchen area, he could smell the delicious scent of freshly baked pastries and chocolate. He entered the bustling kitchen area, receiving a few curious looks from the staff members. Inside were industrial steel ovens and the very finest and latest cooking wares and technology. He looked around to see if he could find his Master and finally spotted her near a far corner of the room. He waved at her and made his way towards her. "Master Vilsa," he bowed. "How do you require my assistance?"

IC: Edo Vilsa

"Great, I'm glad you're here," I said, handing him a recording. "Here's the recipe I used, and the code I got for usage of kitchen stuff. I'm at step 8c, and it's pretty clear from here. You've got all the equipment and ingredients you'll need, and call me when you're done with them. I'm sure you'll do great!"

I checked my com for time again. Oh! "I've got to go!" I sprint out of the crowded kitchen, running to the Crystal Star, my ship that I'd named after the flower. The hangar was pretty crowded with people coming in and out for Life Day journeys. "Ok, so just a quick trip to... where exactly?" Had master Chetan neglect to tell me? He just said tree selection.

Well... I'd heard talk of them going south and east of where the temple was, since that area was sparse, but had such nice looking trees. Turning red, I decided to open my com.

"Master Ananta? I'm ready to head out, but I'm not sure where they went."

IC: Blade
    Temple Kitchens

Blade stood there agape as his Master left him in a rushed frenzy. Huh? Where is she off to? Does she want me to do this by myself? He played the recording on his comlink and listened carefully to the instructions. "Okay," he said. "Let's do this." He went to gather the ingredients and added flour, salt, baking powder, and a sprinkle of cinnamon into a large mixing bowl, mixing the ingredients together with a large wooden spoon. He cracked the Porg eggs into another bowl, added in the mashed cocoa paste, some sugar, and butter and used one of the kitchen's electric mixers to blend the ingredients together. Hmmm... I hope I'm doing this right. He then took the flour mixture and poured it into the second bowl and stirred both mixtures together with the wooden spoon until they were fully blended and turned into a thick, doughy paste. He scooped up rounded tablespoonfuls of the dough up and placed them onto a tray covered with a cookie sheet. Now the fun part begins, he thought. He began molding the dough with his hands and with the assistance of a cookie cutter into fun, familiar shapes. He inputted the code his master had given him into the pre-heated oven, set the timer for ten minutes, and placed the tray inside. After a few minutes, the smell of freshly baked cookies began wafting into the room from the oven. Finally, the oven timer dinged signaling the cookies were ready. Blade opened the oven door and inspected the cookies to see if they were done. After seeing they were a nice golden brown, he pulled out the tray of cookies from the oven and placed them on top of the counter. All done!

[​IMG]

18. Tython Awakening

Oct 12, 2017
    @Blade Of Kenobi

<<< All done! Who wants some cookies? >>>>

[​IMG]

19. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Jedi Master Kenobiwan Force Ghost star 6

Oct 8, 2011
    Uhm....let's see.....no...but they all are shown down to the basement.

"I think that's Master Ananta," Irishi whispered to a group of younglings and pointed towards a newly arrived Wookiee. Suddenly, all the younglings turned their attention towards the tall Wookiee and blinked. And before Irishi knew it, a group of a dozen excited youngsters were running with the speed of light towards him.

:chewie::chewie:

20. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013
    *gives Kenobiwan her Wookie Day gift*

[​IMG]

21. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Looks down at her gift and looks sad as his is way better than hers.........

[​IMG]

22. Blade Of Kenobi

Blade Of Kenobi Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 18, 2012
    [face_shhh] They're supposed to be a "secret". I forgot I just can't hand them out. :p

BookExogorth likes this.
  23. Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost star 5

Sep 3, 2006
    Wookiee cookies!

*hides headtails under a wookiee hoodie*

[​IMG]

24. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Why do I feel I need pat your jacket Becca? o_O:confused:

Tython Awakening likes this.
  25. Tython Awakening

Oct 12, 2017
    Blade Of Kenobi

:chewie: The scent of cookies in the air was too much for me. Once the scent hit my nostrils, I reached for them and could not control my self. [face_praying]

[​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] They were sitting out like so.

And so I grabbed some to share with friends [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    ~ A Life Day to Remember ~​

Blade Of Kenobi and BookExogorth like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.