main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Wookieepedia, the Star Wars wiki

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Le_Sammler, Jul 10, 2005.

1. Hamburger_Time

Hamburger_Time Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 13, 2010
    IIRC, didn't the actual founder of the site quit a few years back out of frustration with the incumbent admins' rules-lawyering?

JediFett10 and Noash_Retrac like this.
  2. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    Yes, I, too revel in the ongoing dysfunction of a site still struggling to recover from the rule of a literal fascist admin and which is often relied upon by actual Star Wars creators.

...Come on, man.

3. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jedi Master Frizzy Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    On X i saw one of the adminds who is an omadmin Wookiepedia on X was on am unfollowing spree. A zinoist.

4. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2010
    Going back to the one canon thing.
    According to Pablo Hidalgo, the idea to disregard the EU for future movies was originally conceived up a few years before George sold the company, When word spread internally that he was writing his sequel treatments.

So even if George had made his movies, the continuity split may still have happened.

We all know George would have ignored the post-ROTJ EU anyways.

(I can’t post a source since this was back before he wiped his Twitter account)

Last edited: Jul 12, 2024
  5. JediFett10

JediFett10 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 8, 2008
    Ye wut…?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CernStormrunner likes this.
  6. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    It had seemed, for a time, that continuity was headed into a disaster anyway when George thought Darth Talon was hot (er, "interesting?") and team her with Maul in future stuff.

Between that and the jokes about canonizing Detours -- which likely would have happened, because George liked to troll and the Wook religiously canonized everything he said -- it would have been a really weird continuity demise.

7. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2010
    I was looking at the Wookiee articles for Computer Spikes, and if they're accurate, Computer Spikes have actually appeared more in canon now than they did in legends.

This is not counting non-narrative works, like source books.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2024
  8. clonegeek

clonegeek Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 28, 2022
    George was never as fixated on 'canon' as we are. Thats one thing that I think gets forgotten in everything.

George always had a thing for Twi-Leks, never forget that image of Aalya with a bare breast exposed.

I also love that fact that we all just feel comfortable calling George by his first name despite the fact that the vast majority of us have never met him.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2024
    Outsourced and CernStormrunner like this.
  9. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    As far as I'm aware George had nothing to do with that Aayla painting. The image that captured his attention was this Jon Foster comic cover, because Jon Foster is awesome.

And speak for yourself, I've met George many times. He says hi btw.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2024
    darklordoftech likes this.
  10. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    While I've never met George, I can truthfully say I was in the same building with him once. Of course it was Celebration Orlando and thus it was a very very large building, but still.

Outsourced and WMIRTUTSF like this.
  11. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 7 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    While the latter is true, George did indeed curate the art for Visions. And while he didn't commission that Aayla piece, he did approve its inclusion in the book. Why he approved it is anyone's guess, maybe you can ask him next time you have lunch together. ;)

12. son_of_skywalker03

son_of_skywalker03 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    Well not to brag, but I've been on the same planet as him since the day I was born.

13. Brandon Rhea

Brandon Rhea Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 26, 2004
    [​IMG]

14. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    Yep, that's me!
    (pictured)
    [​IMG]

15. Vthuil

Jan 3, 2013
    ...okay is this a bit, or do you actually personally know George Lucas?

(I have to ask because - not a bit - my family actually lived on the same street as Aaron Allston for years, although I didn't know it was him at the time.)

16. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    it is a bit

if I actually knew him I promise you would have heard about it many, many times by now

Last edited: Jul 24, 2024
  17. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Do appearances and mentions of a planet also count as appearances and mentions of that planet's solar system, sector, etc.?

18. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    If I remember correctly from my time at the Wook... if the characters are in space outside the planet at some point, it's probably fair game for listing it as an appearance of the system. As for sector --- there needs to be a cutoff point somewhere, or else you'd also have to make everything an appearance of The Galaxy, The Universe, and even Space. So I think you would only list something as an appearance of the sector if the book takes care to mention what sector they're in.

For mentions, though, even the system itself would need to be explicitly mentioned. If Luke thinks about Tatooine, he's not thinking about the Tatoo system.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2024
  19. Hamburger_Time

Hamburger_Time Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 13, 2010
    Any particular reason Abeloth is trending on Wook right now?

20. Carib Diss

Carib Diss Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 31, 2024
    I'd assume some youtuber covered her again or something, she has a habit of sudden spikes in interest in my experience. She transcends basically anything else in those books in the fandom zeitgeist.

21. DarthHass

DarthHass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2004
    Wookiepeedia confuses me so. Canon or not canon, list of appearances, the ads, trying to find random characters.

22. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    The ads are the reason I don’t use it often. Although that’s more of a fandom problem than it is a wook problem. I am fine with sites running some ads it’s just if it gets in the way of the experience that is when I care

23. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    Same with the Fallout wiki, which is also a Fandom site. It's almost impossible to use on mobile because of the ads, and opening too many tabs with it causes the browser to lag out. It's a mess.

son_of_skywalker03 likes this.
  24. Vthuil

Jan 3, 2013
    Not that I'm defending the ads, but... how are there people in the year 2024 not using adblock?

25. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I barely use my laptop. iPhone doesn’t have Adblock as far as I am aware