main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TV Discussion Would The Live Action Series Be The Same As We Were Promised (If It ever happens)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by SilentGuy66, May 7, 2015.

1. The Legions of Lettow

The Legions of Lettow Jedi Master star 5

Oct 14, 2015
    More darker?

2. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    Interesting thing to consider here, during the latest star wars show Hildalgo was talking about Saw Guerra in Underworld and this is what he said

"George was going to have him in the live action tv series which obviously never happened"

Sounds to me as if he's saying the live action series that Lucas wanted is dead and buried- as in no revival prospects

3. Darth Basin

Darth Basin Jedi Master star 5

Aug 15, 2015
    Well Rick McCallum had his hands all over the live action TV projects. I think Disney is waiting until his "aura" around the studio finally goes away.

I.E. a few more years.

4. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    or Rogue One's story and/ or Saw's role was originally simply lifted from the unused screenplay or treatment from "Underworld". Its likely they're gonna get their ideas and maybe stories from those screeplays and turn them into spinoff feature films. Its possible its just coincidental that the character's name and description made it into the Rogue One movie not really by the writers caring or watching TCW per say, but simply them going through "Underworld".

5. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
  6. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I can't get a read on what this series was supposed to be. The rumor was Underworld (of Coruscant). And that it would take place between ROTS and ANH. Or at least that's what I thought I recall the rumors being. But recently, there was mention of scripts outlining how Palpatine became who he was and having it involve a young Palpatine being involved with a gangster woman or something like that. Which would imply it took place long before ROTS TS, or even TPM.
    http://moviepilot.com/posts/3975391

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  7. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Maybe some episodes took place earlier, or flashbacks or Lucas justed wanted ideas. His prequels were mostly done by concept artists then he'd develop some kinda script after reviewing all the art. Some kinda think tank not unlike what he was doing with the EU.

8. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I wouldn't be surprised if Mas Amedda being Grand Vizier comes from Underworld.

9. Darth Basin

Aug 15, 2015
    Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't Amedda killed off in Legends?

10. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    He was stationed on Byss soon after ROTS in Legends.

11. Darth Basin

Aug 15, 2015
    Thanks. I know Pestage was the GV in Legends but now its Amedda.

12. True Sith

True Sith Jedi Master star 4

May 10, 2015
    Yeah, Underworld sounds like a real mishmash of ideas from what little tidbits we've heard. I get the impression Lucas was just coming up with a bunch of things initially to see what stuck. Underworld was supposed to tie in with 1313 as well if I recall.

SilentGuy66 likes this.
  13. jedi_jra

jedi_jra Jedi Master star 1

Feb 2, 2011
  14. SilentGuy66

Dec 1, 2014
    If it's on ABC we're bound to be getting Agents Of The First Order and it will focus on a team of stormtroopers led by FN 21-99, thought to have been killed on Takodana :p (old joke but it still stands)

"Jedha it's a FORCEful place!"

15. JediLight

JediLight Force Ghost star 4

May 31, 2001
    It makes a ton of sense to get Star Wars on TV. Too much money left on the table not to have it on TV.

Still I get worried about network shows anymore.

SilentGuy66 likes this.
  16. DarthRosie

DarthRosie Jedi Master star 2

Nov 5, 2014
    I hope they do netflix shows instead, 13 episodes and run a couple different stories like Marvel. Those are some pretty quality shows, imo.

SilentGuy66 likes this.
  17. The Legions of Lettow

The Legions of Lettow Jedi Master star 5

Oct 14, 2015
    Going off memory, Lucas planned the series to have at least 100 episodes over 4 seasons. He'd write the first drafts for Season 1 and then turn them over to a writing team. The last he or McCallum spoke, there were the first 50 episodes at third draft stage.

18. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Not to be the spoil sport here, but is there a particular reason why there's two active threads referring to the Live Action Series? Couldn't we merge one with the other?

StarWarsFreak93 likes this.
  19. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    Yeah, always hate when there is multiple threads on one topic with the title worded differently. A merge to the official discussion would be great.

I'll watch this regardless, but I've found ABC's shows tend to be more female-centric, in that they aim them more towards female watchers, and ratings prove this that more women watch ABC's slate of shows than men. To me, this means a SW show would be geared for the social media mindset, or the Tumblr fandoms. SW in general has always been aimed for all ages, genders, what have you, but I feel an ABC show would try to make it fit with their network outlook, which could deter some viewers if it's too lovey-dovey or "hip" for, again, the social media crowd.

But I could be wrong completely, which I most likely will. But regardless, it's SW and I'll be tuning in. Just hope they don't air it the same time as Rebels. :p

20. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    It should be on HBO and have GoT levels of dark grit and violence.

21. SilentGuy66

Dec 1, 2014
    GOT is depressing I don't wanna tune into to star wars and see Princess Leia getting raped by some Grand Moff while he forces her to watch Han getting his limbs ampuatated or something

22. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

Well you know me by now. I'd actually prefer the new live-action SW show to have at least one female protagonist at the helm; even if it's not Ahsoka. If it's done right, it really shouldn't matter what gender the main character is.

23. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    Oh, I don't mind if the character lead is female, no problem with that. It's the manner they handle the story or marketing where they will aim it more towards a female audience and make male viewers feel it's not targeted for them.

SilentGuy66 likes this.
  24. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

I'm sure they'll use the DC and Marvel superhero shows as guidelines.

25. SilentGuy66

Dec 1, 2014
    They'll be a female centric show but NOT before we get a couple male ones to make the fans comfortable.

Thing to consider here is during the original live action series development Lucas said that the show had a possibility of spinning off into four different shows. Back then I personally thought that was a pipe dream but consider the fact today we have Marvel doing the exact thing on Netflix well it seems like Lucas was ahead of his time in that respect :)