main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph X-Men Movies & TV - Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by JoinTheSchwarz , Oct 6, 2010.

1. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Yet, it's true. The major complaints about Marvel films is that they're setups for another film. We've discussed that going back to "Iron Man 2". And he is right about team films like "X-Men", "The Avengers" and even "Justice League", thought the latter was a mess to start with. How many complain about Logan getting all the attention and not Scott in the X films? Lots of people wished the Hawkeye had more to do. With "The Wolverine" and "Logan", he had more time dedicated to a smaller cast, though he was not happy about having the teaser for "Days Of Future's Past" attached to "The Wolverine", since it was done without his approval and was not part of the film to begin with.

2. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Mangold didn't direct the Wolverine mid credits stinger? I know he's angsty about stingers being just franchise extending but I thought cuz he had to play ball for The Wolverine but it could be Singer did the Wolverine stinger and they tagged it onto the film. I actually do like the stinger if only because it shows Logan getting drawn back into the world he ran away from for years (which is kind of what The Wolverine is about) And, hey, Charles is alive!

3. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Until you told me about the cameo in the original X-Men, I'd have never realized he was in it. He's actually barely in focus.

4. PCCViking

PCCViking 6x Wacky Wednesday Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Jun 12, 2014
    Yeah, it was a blink and you miss it type of cameo.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  5. duende

duende Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 28, 2006
    not sure i could name a single x-man.

6. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    People generally know the claws guy. Who is actually a Hulk villain who got really popular.

Oh, maybe in the MCU-era reboot we'll be introduced to Wolverine by fighting the Hulk? Oh please, yes. Well assuming they don't cure Banner in Avengers 4. Which they might. :/

Last edited: Nov 28, 2018
  7. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Claws guy. Heh. He really wasn't a Hulk villain. He just appeared there because Hulk was tussling in the Big White North with the Wendigo. But IIRC that was a premeditated prelude to his joining the X-Men months later.

But oh boy, back in the day I could name you every X-Man. Whatever new guy(s) have appeared in the last 13 or so years tho, no clue.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  8. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Bicycle Repairman is by far the most important X-Person

soitscometothis and Darth Smurf like this.
  9. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
  10. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Whenever Wolverine is introduced in the MCU he needs to be fighting Hulk and the Wendigo. And it'd be amazing if Rogue were introduced as a villain with Mystique in Captain Marvel 2.

11. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    That would be great. It would be pretty crazy, and kinda awesome, if Rogue did to Ms Marvel what she did to her in the comics. People would lose their minds if that happened to the first female lead of a Marvel movie, but that would be one hell of a moment. If we weren't already aware of it, it might rival the Darth Vader reveal in terms of devastating climax. It hasn't happened to any hero in any MCU/DCEU movie yet that I know of (I don't really follow them closely), unless you count Thor at the beginning of his first movie.

12. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Yeah, I hope they keep Rogue's origin intact now that they have a chance to do so since it's so essential to her character. It'll be interesting to see if they start seeding the X-Men into the MCU in other films before they appear in their own film like they did with Spider-Man in Captain America: Civil War. Rogue in Captain Marvel 2/Storm in Black Panther 2, etc.

13. Bilbo Fett

Bilbo Fett Force Ghost star 5

Apr 19, 2017
    nm

Last edited: Jan 2, 2019
  14. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Singer directed that, not Mangold. They added an extra day to shoot the airport scene. That's why Logan is alone in that scene. For Mangold, the film ended with the plane getting ready to taxi.

15. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    I love how that post-credit scene is in the present day with Xavier and Magneto asking for Wolverine's help then the movie jumps forward like twenty years and they're just now going back in time to stop Mystique. And by love I mean it makes me want to cry because of how stupid the FoxVerse could be sometimes. :p

16. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    wellll I can rationalise that as they needed Wolverine to help fight Trask and the Sentinels. After 20 years they're like "t'hell with this! Time travel!"

Anyway The Gifted came back from a short break and has about 5 episodes until the end, the most important thing is that the former Sentinel Services guy has gone full buggity boo. Oh and a few episodes ago, they basically did the Lorna and Magneto episode even though Magneto wasn't in it and all they called him was "that mutant on the news" but it does imply that Magneto did know about her at least.

17. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    So this was on my twitter feed a few days ago:

I mean...what? Is somebody ****** with us?!

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  18. Bilbo Fett

Apr 19, 2017
    Yes, someone is.

19. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    https://geektyrant.com/news/the-gambit-x-force-and-doctor-doom-movie-are-all-dead-at-fox

No mention of the Kitty Pryde movie in development with Tim Miller but yah probably that too. I still think X-Force could be a thing when the ink is dried. And maybe once it's all settled and Kevin Fiege has to the the Fantastic Four and Doom up and running he could get Noah Howley (Legion!) back in for that cuz Howley is so damn great, just keep him on.

20. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    I don't think X-Force is coming any time soon. I expect Marvel to build the X-Men franchise slowly and very deliberately. Eventually though I could see franchises being built out of all the different teams across both films and Disney+.

21. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Aren’t Capt. Marvel and Ms. Marvel two different characters in the comics?

22. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    The current Captain Marvel begun as Ms. Marvel

23. PCCViking

PCCViking 6x Wacky Wednesday Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Jun 12, 2014
    I wonder what this means for New Mutants.

24. Bilbo Fett

Apr 19, 2017
    The jockeying for future X-Men roles is getting started early.

BigAl6ft6 and Gamiel like this.
  25. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    I support that casting. She'd be great.

Bilbo Fett likes this.