main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pirate's Life For Me: The Pirates of the Caribbean

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by Idrelle_Miocovani, Jan 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Son of the Suns

Son of the Suns Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 6, 1999
    I love the look of Davy Jones, the Kraken and all the other creatures. It's all very reminiscent of old sea monster art.

2. Moleman1138

Moleman1138 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 18, 2004
    The Kraken is pretty cool. I like how Davy Jones says "Summon the Kraken"

3. RolandofGilead

RolandofGilead Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2001
    When does the movie get released? The Toys are everywhere already.

4. Yodas-evil-twin

Yodas-evil-twin Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 3, 2005
    Davy Jones is really starting to grow on me, though I have to say that the dead man's chest looks a little underwhelming. Overall, I am going tobe seeing this one.

5. Moleman1138

Aug 18, 2004
    7/7. I haven't seen any merchandise yet. But again, I don't go to Toys R Us.

6. Padme-Wan_SkyWindu

Padme-Wan_SkyWindu Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2002
    I've seen the toys at Target, for those that are interested. They look decent, but they didn't particularly excite me.

7. Jedi_Master_Conor

Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 24, 2005
    me to. his voice sounds pretty cool overall. who's playing him?

8. PadmeLover1991

PadmeLover1991 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 22, 2005
    bill nighy

9. RebelScum77

RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2003
    Johnny Depp makes these movies, despite whatever other reservations you may have. It's just fun to watch a truly great performance in something so intrinsicly silly.

10. Darth_Hydra

Darth_Hydra Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    I found a pic of Captain Jack Sparrow from POTC 3 over at AICN. Since there is no thread for POTC 3 I'm putting it here but since some people might consider it a spoiler I'm only going to link to it instead of posting the actual image.

Click Here at your own risk

11. Moleman1138

Aug 18, 2004
    We can throw Pirates 3 in here as well. Question is...since POTC 2 obviously is being shot back to back with 3, will we see a minute or under teaser of POTC 3 tagged to the end of POTC 2 ala LOTR TTT teaser at the end of FOTR'S run.

12. Darth_Hydra

Darth_Hydra Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    Well, it looks like AICN took down the photo at their site. However, you can still see it Here

13. Yodas-evil-twin

Yodas-evil-twin Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 3, 2005
    somehow, that just doesn't seem very Jack sparrow like.

14. alhana_antilles

alhana_antilles Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 16, 2002
    It doesn't even look like a real photo. It looks like someone just cut and pasted it together. Anyway, the new trailer has made me more excited for this film. I hope it'll live up to the first movie.

15. Master-Kenobi

Master-Kenobi Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2002
    here are some pic's

spoilers

pic's

16. Queengodess

Queengodess Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 18, 2000
    I have to admit that I'm really curious about what Norrington is up to in this one - what's with the hair and the freaky beard? And, I'm not really into cannibals as such, but as long as Jack Sparrow gets enough screen time, this will be a blast. Really looking forwared to this one. :D

17. Master-Kenobi

Sep 20, 2002
    from what a hear Norrington was kicked out of the navy, because he becomes obsessed with catching Jack Sparrow. He orders his crew to sail through a hurricane in pursuit, which wrecks the ship, He becomes a penniless drunk, and I think a pirate or that's what he wanted Jack to think...I think after Norrington hears about DJ and the Chest...he wants it for himself so he can get back in the Navy.

anyways I guess I'll just have to wait and see. but hopefully it will be good [face_dancing]

18. jag29

jag29 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 13, 2002
    That's pretty much it. He makes a deal with Lord Beckett that if he gets the chest he will be allowed back in the British Navy.

Jag29

19. Master-Kenobi

Sep 20, 2002
    yep so now all we have to wait for is to see if he gets the chest ;)

20. Twinky_Stryder

Twinky_Stryder Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2003
    I can't wait for the swordfight on and in the giant waterwheel.

21. LilyHobbitJedi

LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 29, 2005
    The movie is going to be so much fun to watch. One thing that I personally will be listening for is the new music. My band right now is playing POTC music and it's a blast.

22. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    I honestly can't wait for it either. Looking forward to some excellent sword fights and even better music (hopefully! :D)!

edit: Moleman -- We can throw Pirates 3 in here as well. Did you want me to add that to the header, then?

23. Master-Kenobi

Sep 20, 2002
    the sword fights look from what I've seen great...I liked them in the frist one...all though they could have had more :)

24. Alethia

Alethia Jedi Master star 5

Feb 13, 2005
    It comes out on 7/7? Awesome- I didn't know that. I think it comes out a week later here in Germany. *is so glad she'll be in the states then*

I'm not very inclined to believe that spoiler about Norrington. It seems very OOC for him. I could see how he might be obsessed with getting Jack, but even that seems a bit far-fetched. At the end of POTC, it seemed like yes, he would try to get Jack again, but it wasn't an OBSESSION... If that is truly a spoiler about his character, then I'll be disappointed.

25. LilyHobbitJedi

LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 29, 2005
    Another little tidbit I found out about the movie: they filmed it on the island of Dominica. I actually went there 2 years ago and it's has the most beautiful rainforest. One more thing to get me all psyched for the movie. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.