main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Yo Joe!" G.I. Joe Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by Quiet_Mandalorian, Jan 31, 2009.

1. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    If anyone hasn't been keeping up with the IDW GI Joe comics you should. Especially the Cobra series. The last issue just did a massive gamechanger. Cobra Commander was just shot through the head and is dead, I mean dead, his brains were flying out. In this continuity Cobra Commander is a title rather than one person. And Cobra as an organization is very realistic, a board of directors appoints a Cobra Commander. Now they are going into a Cobra Civil War storyline to see who gets the wear the helmet.

2. Darth_Henning

Darth_Henning Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2007
    I see we have a joe thread. My two favourite hobbies in one place...I like it here already.

(EDIT: despite the 07 join date, this is my first day here with the TOS shutdown. Be gentle)

3. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
  4. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Director talks "G.I. Joe 2"

"I think it's not just another action movie. Maybe the first one was that, but we're really trying to break it down and take the shine off and show that my Joes were the ones in the mud, the sand and the trees and in the epic worldwide adventures. Each one had individual talents. So we really want to bring the experience of what I grew up with playing with these toys. What it feels like so that kids now can be reintroduced to the Joes and experience it in a different way. This is like down and dirty Joe for me" he says.

5. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Unlock n Bump

6. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    Trailer for G.I. Joe: Retaliation is here!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSX2oxLdcWA

I must say this looks a lot better than the last one, I love that they finally got Cobra Commander right with the chrome faceplate at 1:00-1:01. This looks really promising.

7. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    That looks awesome. It looks like its basically going to be The A Team with Bruce Willis and Joes.

:eek: :D :cool:

8. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeah, that's actually pretty cool looking and at least feels somewhat like GI Joe on the surface. I mean, they've basically realized that the first movie sucked so much that the only thing they could do with a sequel is to kill everyone from the first movie off (except for Snake Eyes), and add The Rock, Bruce Willis and more ninjas :D.

And, yes, thank god, Cobra Commander has a proper ****ing mask on too.

9. Jedimarine

Jedimarine Force Ghost star 5

Feb 13, 2001
    Please...stop...please!

10. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    I just did a quick web search and it seems like we are actually alot getting named Joes.

In addition to Duke, Snake Eyes and Roadblock, who looks totally badass, we are getting Lady Jaye, Flint, Blind Master, Jinx, Cross-Country, Tunnel Rat and Mouse.