main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph "You think you're the only superhero in the world?" - The Marvel Cinematic Universe

Discussion in 'Community' started by The2ndQuest , Apr 26, 2010.

1. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    Maybe go full Defenders and just have Doctor Strange and Howard the Duck and Gwenpool and Cardiac all helping Blade kill vampires

2. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    It’s like you’re trying to kill me with my own rage. :p

BigAl6ft6, dp4m and blackmyron like this.
  3. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I will clarify that I, too, would prefer the focus be on Blade in a solo film. However, I'm not opposed to him being part of a team so long as he is either A) still the main character, or B) used in a force of nature way like he was in the TV series (and the supporting cast are of sufficient interest to hold up everything else).

Last edited: Jun 21, 2024
  4. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    They should definitely solo Blade it first instead of backdoor piloting him into a team

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  5. blackmyron

Oct 29, 2005
    Or keep it small. Reverse engineer the Order of the Triad

6. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Or stop making these adaptations and make original content instead

rocknroll41 likes this.
  7. blackmyron

Oct 29, 2005
    The last time Marvel did original content we got Ravage 2099, no thanks

8. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    What is Blade’s most famous story in the comics?

9. blackmyron

Oct 29, 2005
    Where he destroyed all vampires, all at once.
    No, really.

ZanderSolo and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  10. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    Montessi formula?

11. blackmyron

Oct 29, 2005
    Yep.

soitscometothis likes this.
  12. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Speaking of vampire films.

13. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    That looks like it'll suck

14. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Which involved Dr. Strange; which, if they’re so keen on having a Blade team up…

Side note: one of my favorite issues of Dr. Strange was when some cultists tried to bring vampires back by summoning one from another dimension. In the climax of the issue, the last of the cultists sacrificed himself to succeed with the summoning, and the eldritch abomination vamp just…kinda melted :eek:

Strange was like “The fools. I didn’t just cast a spell that killed all vampires in this dimension, I undid the curse that allows vampires to exist in this dimension!”

15. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    In current comic books, Blade is the King of Vampires or something. Anyway, he already beat Mister Strange.

16. blackmyron

Oct 29, 2005
    Sequential Art. (graphic novel is also acceptable, if not strictly accurate for monthly issues)

17. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
  18. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    I don't recall ever reading a Blade comic book, so I don't have any suggestions of stories for the film to adapt. I would like to see Blade to expand the MCU into the super natural world, much like The Guardian of the Galaxy expanded the MCU into the cosmic realm. My ideal Blade film would build the mythos of vampires and the super natural world; create something that would rival the Universal Monsters/Dark Universe. As I mentioned before, the MCU has opened the door to the super natural with Werewolf by Night, and Blade is the perfect vehicle to bring to the silver screen. I'm imagining a Blade film of something of a blend of Under World and I am Legend.

19. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    So abandoned immediately after one terrible film? :p

20. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Well, that would be on par with all of the Marvel content that Disney has put out these past couple of years. [face_laugh] There hasn't been any talk for a sequel or spinoff to Werewolf by Night.

Seriously though, I was thinking about Universal's Dark Universe theme park. I'm sure Disney would want some of that action. The MCU should expand into the horror aspects of its universe. Fiege loves beating DC to the punch, but it may not happen here because DC's Creature Commandos is set to hit streaming in December, and James Gunn states that the voice actors would be their characters in a live action feature.

21. blackmyron

Oct 29, 2005
    Joke all you want, the original Universal Monster films (well, specifically the Frankenstein, Dracula and Wolfman series) formed the first 'cinematic universe'. .

No, really. In the end you have the original Frankenstein's Monster's brain gone - replaced by Igor's, and Lawrence Talbot cured of lycanthropy by an experimental surgeon who determined it wasn't a curse after all, just brain swelling, plus more members of the Frankenstein family than you can count.

22. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    I think that's what's missing from modern cinema; a modern telling for those classic monsters. Blumhouse did a incredible update with its 2020 version of The Invisible Man. I would like to see a Blade movie make vampires scary again. No more sexy or sparkly vampires or whatever Morbius was, but rather blood lusting ones.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  23. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Bad.

But yeah just have him fight noted public domain character Dracula (or rename him if you desperately want something you can trademark) and have him and his vampire minions be proper bite-y vampires. It really needs to be very straightforward stuff.

Sith_Sensei__Prime and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  24. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    He was in the Nighstalkers in the early 90's and then in 99, he guest starred in Peter Parker Spider-Man where he became the Daywalker. I never read those books because I never saw his comics at the places where I bought my stuff and I had stopped reading Spidey in 98, right when the books were relaunched in the fall.

25. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    There's Marvel branded Dracula he has cool armor. Also didn't Blade fight Dracula in Blade Trinity?

Ghost likes this.