main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph "You think you're the only superhero in the world?" - The Marvel Cinematic Universe

Discussion in 'Community' started by The2ndQuest , Apr 26, 2010.

1. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jedi Master Frizzy Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Nice Red Hulk shoot.

2. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Either way, we've done worse.

3. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
  4. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    Captain America 4 in Feb. makes sense. That was Black Panther's month too, which was not random.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2024
  5. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Winning Reddit comment on Rusos returning

"You could not live with your own failure. Where did that bring you? Back to me."

6. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Well, we know that is not entirely the situation- they have talked about doing Secret Wars before. So it is more of a "the only thing that would bring them back would be..."-type situation. Though, of course, I'm sure Marvel/Feige also like the reliability they would bring in terms of easing even minor concerns that this Saga wouldn't stick the landing. But the fact that they were approaching other directors before this suggests they have a base confidence in what they're doing, and aren't just doing things out of desperation or anything.

So, more like "We have this great movie called Civil War that we're making...but what if we also had Spider-Man?" ;)

Last edited: Jul 17, 2024
    rocknroll41 and PCCViking like this.
  7. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Some MCU/Feige tidbits:

-The directors Marvel turned down offers for Avemgers 5/6 directors that included, among others, Noah Hawley (Legion, Alien: Earth) and Greg Berlanti (Fly Me to the Moon, Arrowverse). Likely, it seems due to Berlanti's limited theatrical experience and Hawley's busy TV schedule (with a second season of Alien: Earth apparently being fast-tracked by FX).

-Feige mentions that he and Pascal have begun working on Spider-Man 4. He also mentions that X-Men will be, as one would expect, a mixture of old and new characters. And that the director of Avengers 5 was someone else besides the Russos "a couple weeks ago" and he looks forward to whomever it will be "next week".

-Feige confirms that the Rochard Ryder Nova TV series is still in development, but is 3-4 years out.

rocknroll41 likes this.
  8. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Perlmutter sold his entire stake in Disney for $3b. And with his role in Marvel TV having ended when it folded into Marvel studios, and his role at Marvel Entertainment when it merged various divisions with ones within Disney, that ends his reign.

9. rocknroll41

rocknroll41 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 28, 2013
    Thank god…

Juliet316 and Yodaminch like this.
  10. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    And nothing of value was lost

Juliet316 , Yodaminch and rocknroll41 like this.
  11. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    So the moral of the story is Ike makes 3 billion?

12. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Peltz sold off his for $1b. Not sure if that helps or makes it worse. ;)

rocknroll41 likes this.
  13. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Who are these people?

Rew and Sarge like this.
  14. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Ike Perlmutter ran Toy Biz when businessman Ron Perelman (Revlon, Nabisco) bought Marvel in 89 and Toy Biz in 91. Ike was on the board of directors. In 96, Marvel filed Chapter 11 bankruptcy. In 97, Perelman put Marvel up for sale and stock was being purchased by Carl Ichan. Perlmutter and Avi Arad spent months leveraging to take over Marvel and did so in 98-99. Perlmutter ran the studio and was the high boss of the comics division.

During the rise of the MCU, Perlmutter was very stingy with money and when it came to "Captain America: Civil War", he didn't want to pay more money for Downey to return for that film. Downey was only supposed to film a few scenes, but he was willing to do more for more money. This lead to Bob Iger to putting the films completely under Kevin Fiege's control, while Perlmutter ran the television division. 2019-2021 saw the end of Perlmutter's reign over the television division.

Months ago he was part of the attempt to take over Disney, which was blocked with the help of Lucas.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2024
  15. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Are you telling me before he was an actor, the guy who plays Hellboy was a cookie executive?

Gamiel and Sarge like this.
  16. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    That's right. David Harbour was an executive with Nabisco.

17. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    I really liked the way he played Vincent in the TV show Beauty & the Beast.

18. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    And Peltz was the one leading the Disney board takeover effort, using Perlmutter's shares to back his own. And while Perlmutter was bad when it came to many things (he was the main reason why it took so long to make Captain Marvel and Black Widow films, claiming women superhero don't sell), Peltz was even worse (“Why do I have to have a Marvel that’s all women? Not that I have anything against women, but why do I have to do that? Why can’t I have Marvels that are both? Why do I need an all-Black cast?”).

19. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2024
    rocknroll41 likes this.
  20. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    He's going to announce it this weekend.

rocknroll41 likes this.
  21. dick rodgers

dick rodgers Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2016
    Kang himself doesn't know if he will be in future movies.

22. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    How about when MCU X-Men is a thing use Dafne Keene X-23 in the lineup. Figure out the Hugh Jackman/Wolverine part out, uh, later

Last edited: Jul 26, 2024
    godisawesome and Master_Lok like this.
  23. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    I adore Hugh and really like Dafne too. X-23 would be fine in the MCU X-Men.

24. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Any and all discussions of a non Hugh Jackman Wolverine should be tabled until after Avengers 6. Hell maybe even later when Deadpool and Wolverine cracks a billion he might get one last ride again one last ride plus one first Avengers movie ride.

"Disney brought him back! They're gonna make him do this until he's 90!"

rocknroll41 likes this.
  25. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    I still say a Laura integrated into a young X-Men team would do a better job of being a team-member rather than a spotlight stealer - she’s not as anti-social as Logan himself, more just “irregularly social” - and allow Logan (in whatever form he has) to be held back for special occassions.

...Plus, I think it might be funny as hell if the classic Cyclop, Jean Grey, Wolverine triangle is preserved, but with the gimmick being Cyclops is the (...main...) axis of the triangle between ultra-psychic and empathetic Jean and her angrier, opposites-attract BFF Laura who has a bit of belligerent, unwanted sexual tension with Cyclops while he’s dating Jean. Just make Cyclops’s MCU gimmick be that he’s a fanboy of Captain America and thus a “straight man” to everyone else’s antics, and I think you’ve got a premise for those three characters.

Rew, Master_Lok, BigAl6ft6 and 2 others like this.