main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V Young Jedi Adventures - Animated series coming to Disney+ and Disney Junior

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Ancient Whills, May 28, 2022.

1. Darth Corydon

Darth Corydon Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2018
    inb4 we get nameless in here somehow

2. AvarandElzarsittininatree

AvarandElzarsittininatree Jedi Master star 4

Nov 13, 2021
    And you are getting another season of Visions

3. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Yes, I beleive so. It might come out in the summer or the fall.

4. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    There not going to be and they should be worried that the only thing they can come out with is animation that resembles in short scope the micro clone wars series of yesteryear (more the last season before ROTS where every episode went for 12 to 15 minutes). But that is why star wars is the way it is right now.................yeah when is the next movie coming out??????? O wait they've been cancelled but don't worry buddy there is going to be a new Disney announcement across all platforms that will not only be one but three movies are coming out with three new directors and they are all in...............preproduction. Only to have them .................................cancelled in a couple of months after not hearing anything about them. They aren't losing sleep, you aint either, and definitely not me.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2023
  5. AvarandElzarsittininatree

Nov 13, 2021
    Couldn't help yourself but to complain about the movies in a thread about a show made for six year olds could you.

6. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    Well, that was a mess of stream of consciousness griping...

This show is for 4-7 year Olds. If, presumably, an adult isn't it for it.... that's the point.

Meanwhile, The Mandalorian and Ahsoka have the live action space covered this year. The Bad Batch is running right now.

Star Wars is in a good space except the film side. How many years did we go without movies before? Nearly 20 years after the OT, with some childish cartoons and a couple live action tv specials that are sort of eh and comics and novels. We had a 10 year gap between the PT and ST with a cartoon between.

Star Wars is as much a television franchise as it is film. More actual hours of content from TV with just TCW alone.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2023
    QuinlanSolo and Darth Corydon like this.
  7. Foreign32567

Foreign32567 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 4, 2021
    Seems like the Nihil will indeed appear)
    [​IMG]

8. AvarandElzarsittininatree

Nov 13, 2021
    Ok well if it does take place during or close to the events of phase 1 I hope all the characters from the books and comics (minus Yoda of course) are left completely out of it (with not even a mention). I'm sure they won't be in it unless for some reason the show decides to go to Starlight Beacon (which probably wouldn't happen anyways either since they probably wouldn't want to deal with it's destruction and the death of so many Jedi in a show like this).

9. Senpezeco

Senpezeco Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2014
  10. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    I finally caught up on the mini episodes, and I gotta say this looks adorable. I love that shows like this and Andor can coexist in the same continuity.

11. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    So...has anyone heard anything about the screening today at celebration? I guess I expected it to be overshadowed a bit but I can't seem to find anything about the episode that was screened.

12. HMTE

HMTE Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 7, 2021
    It seems like a cute little show designed to get very young kids interested in Star Wars.

Nothing wrong with that. I personally probably won't be following it too closely, but I hope its successful with its target audience. More power to the people making this show.

Dream-Thinker likes this.
  13. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
  14. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I mean, the Jedi Friend Adventure Song got me.

15. Dream-Thinker

Dream-Thinker Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2020
    It's cool to have another exogorth on screen. Love how much it looks like a hand puppet. XD

16. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Neat stuff.
    -Love the river town with all the boats.
    -After all the animal killing of Mandalorian and Jedi Survivor, it looks like we are getting some wholesome animal interactions
    -Speaking of star wars creatures, I think I see the droid from the star wars creatures show. Which surprises me, the porgs on batuu episode put them post st, but then again droids can last a long time.
    -Cool seeing the vectors in action, less chibi than I was expecting based on the toys.
    -Background details and animation are generally pretty impressive.

AusStig, Dawud786 and Sinrebirth like this.
  17. Dream-Thinker

May 20, 2020
    Disney+ has all the shorts plus two extra ones (I don't know of those are on YouTube or not).
    Taborr, the Nihil-looking pirate kid, is probably one of the least-threating Star Wars villains. I mean that in the best way, him and his two minions are pretty funny in how ineffectual they are, which makes sense given that this is a show for very young kids.

18. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    This series is a lot of fun, bearing in mind its target audience. It was fun to finally see Vectors in action. Plenty of pirate action but no mention of the Nihil yet. nor any other connections to High Republic works. But those gold robes do look fly.

19. Dawud786

Dec 28, 2006
    This could readily slot between Phase 2 and Phase 1 chronologically. Yoda choosing to be away from Coruscant to train younglings, the Nihil aren't a real big problem yet, etc.

20. AvarandElzarsittininatree

Nov 13, 2021
    Yeah that's what I was thinking that it would actually fit better a little while before the beginning of Phase I. It's a little weird thinking of this series knowing that in just a year or so these outposts are going to be abandoned when the Jedi retreat back to Coruscant after the destruction of Starlight.

The only thing possibly keeping us from saying it takes place earlier than Phase I is the presence of Vectors in the show. Did Phase I mention how long the Vectors had been around? If there is no firm date of when Vectors started being used I don't see any problem with placing this show about 300 BBY.

Last edited: May 6, 2023
  21. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Yeah, something about these reminds me of the bunch of children-themed TPM/Naboo-related stuff we got in 1999/2000, especially the LucasLearning games and the childrens' books. They're lots of fun and totally innocent for kids, but there's a truely darker cloud right over the horizon. It's sort of weird.

MercenaryAce likes this.
  22. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I mean let's face it, it's never exactly a great time living in the GFFA; when the franchise is called Star Wars you're bound to be living in a chaotic environment.

In other news, one of the episodes features a Houk of all things! There's actually some decent species diversity, including a Gigoran who plays bass.

23. Dream-Thinker

May 20, 2020
    The High Republic series in general is very good at alien diversity. A lot of Legends aliens have shown up in the books and comics and I'm loving it.

24. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    I do wonder how the characters look in live action as adults... could they be in Acolyte as such? or the Eclipse game?

Adult live action Nubs is that you?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 7, 2023
    Alpha-Red and Dream-Thinker like this.
  25. Dawud786

Dec 28, 2006
    Nubs is destined to be a Care Bear