main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Younglings' Academy

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by RubberDuckTape, Jan 23, 2009.

1. RubberDuckTape

RubberDuckTape Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 27, 2003
    Right now his favorite movie is Igor, with EVIL scientists and inventions. Perhaps introducing him to that movie was not a good idea. If I say "Pull The Switch!" He follows it with an evil laugh. o_O

2. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    Damn!

(you know, in the grocery store you can get these little...rain coats....) ;)

3. RubberDuckTape

Oct 27, 2003
    part of the whole 'procrastination' thing. [face_whistling]

4. ArchaicRebel

ArchaicRebel Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2004
    They even hand those out at cons to keep the population from exploding every January after StarFest and in general to make sure those attendants don't reproduce. By not sticking to the con schedule, you asked for it. :p

5. Cyra_Secura

Cyra_Secura Jedi Master star 1

Jul 18, 2004
    I even told Rachel she'd get preggo after being told not too lol ;)

Well today the fat man (our oldest son) took a blue crayon and drew all over the kitchen floor, bathroom floor, the fridge and a lil' on the oven. He even managed to get two lines on the carpet! :eek: Thank goodness for the magic eraser sponge. He too, also got into the toothpaste so i had to put it up on a higher shelf! These kids and climbing on everything!

Then my boo, the youngest son, is a terrible two! He flat out tells me NO, throws things and hits! So he gets his butt smacked [face_shame_on_you] naughty lil' man. But that is expected. But I still love them, and always will [face_love]

xoxo

6. RubberDuckTape

Oct 27, 2003
    Mr. Bug asked for "waf-foos an spee-koos" for breakfast this morning, aka waffles and sprinkles. He's so serious when he says it, that I have have to say 'awww, how cute' [face_love]

7. Jyn

Jyn Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 9, 2006
    [image=http://www.jyntech.com/mine/pics%20013.jpg]

Courtesy of a toddler with a sippy cup

8. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    well next time she asks for apple juice ya might just get it for her faster ;)

9. RubberDuckTape

Oct 27, 2003
    I swear my kids have done permanent damage to my sinus from the mutiple blows to the face and nose I've received from their heads and various things that they've thrown at me but I was too tired to react fast enough to get out of the way...

[face_beatup]

10. jedigold

jedigold Jedi Youngling

Mar 21, 2009
    Hey RubberDuckTape, are you one in Pueblo? How old are/is your kid?

I want to tell something cute my three year old, Hannah, did last night. Beth came over to play FF X-2 and Hannah insisted that Beth put her to bed. I went up as well and we laid down. I told Hannah that she could talk but we were going to sleep. We closed our eyes and pretended to. Hannah starts talking to this dog she is holding saying "Both of them went to sleep, but they really didn't. They are just pretending to." She said it in this soft, conspiratal tone that got both of us laughing.

My ten month old is so loving. She went over to Hannah who was on my lap cuddling and stroked her hair. Then she put head against Hannah's head to cuddle with her. She repeated this process then took off with a giggle to play again by herself. Ah, sisterly love.

11. RubberDuckTape

Oct 27, 2003
    Heh, yep, I'm in Pueblo. I have an almost 8 yr old girl, a 2 yr old boy and a -4 month old that should be a girl. ;)

My little guy will come up and cuddle with us for a minute, then suddenly grab something his sister is holding and run away with an evil look on his face... He already knows how to torment her. :rolleyes:

12. jedigold

jedigold Jedi Youngling

Mar 21, 2009
    My oldest is the one who bugs the younger, although they are both strong willed so I think the tides will turn soon. The baby Sarah already yells and goes after what Hannah took to get it back and is no longer content with switching toys. I thought Hannah had terrible twos- due to severe growth spurts among other things- and they said part of that is her strong will. Sarah is ten months and already strong willed. I am scared what her twos will look like.

13. RubberDuckTape

Oct 27, 2003
    Mr. Bug is sitting on the floor disassembling a transformer and every time he gets a piece off he says, "Ooops, I boke it, you pix?" and then goes on to the next piece he wants to take off.

[face_laugh]

He got 4 pieces off, and now he's trying to put them back on.... perhaps he'll be an engineer. or on the bomb squad. Or just a one-man demolition team.

[face_plain]

14. jedigold

jedigold Jedi Youngling

Mar 21, 2009
    My 11 month old has been teething hard for the past two days so I didn't get to put her down much on Thursday or Friday. Poor thing! I have three different meds plus orajel and none of them helped her this time, althoug usually they do.

15. FanForced

FanForced Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2007
    Andre found his feet this morning. He pulls his feet up over his head-ish. Brings his arms up and hands open. Stares at his toes for several seconds. And then wham-o! He grabs his feet and then looks bored.

Rinse and repeat.

16. RebelConCarne

RebelConCarne Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 3, 2004
    [image=http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/thumb/3/31/Gungan_NEGAS.jpg/426px-Gungan_NEGAS.jpg]

17. RubberDuckTape

Oct 27, 2003
    I decided that I wanted to start coloring my hair again, so Saturday when I went to the store I bought a box of color. I got the herbal essences one since it doesn't smell bad like the others and I figured that would be better for me (and it has the color I like). My friend came over later that night to scrapbook, so I didn't have time to do my hair, and was planning on doing it Sunday instead. While we were sitting in the dining room, and Josh had gone downstairs to the tv room for only a few minutes, we hear "pbbt" and "yuck" or something along those lines. The boy had gotten into the box of haircolor, opened up the developing cream and somehow gotten it all over his face, clothes, and the kitchen floor. The sound we heard was him spitting it out of his mouth. :oops:

We couldn't find any information about 'accidental ingestion' other than "Keep out of reach of Children" but the main ingredient on the bottle was hydrogen peroxide, and he didn't seem to have done anything other than get it into his mouth and spit it out, so we figured it was ok. At the worst, we thought he might have Michael Jackson'd his face, but he looks fine still (maybe slightly paler....) and he's not dead yet or vomiting or anything like that....

After he was cleaned up and in the bath, my friend couldn't stop laughing and she was looking forward to telling her husband the latest "Isaac story"

If that kid makes it to 3, it will be AMAZING.

:rolleyes:

18. ArchaicRebel

ArchaicRebel Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2004
    That seems to be, y'know, kind of key to the whole thing. If you can't keep that out of the reach of that kid, what can you keep from his grubby little hands?

19. RubberDuckTape

Oct 27, 2003
    Not much.

And thank you for beating the dead dog. I've been reminded of that fact SEVERAL TIMES in the past few days. :p

He has discovered that he is agile enough to climb onto a plastic 3-drawer cart in an attempt to get high enough to unlock the water in the door of the fridge, but he hasn't climbed onto the counters yet. I think it's mainly because they are never cleaned off enough. He's still sticking with his 'tippy toes' and 'climb on anything left on the floor' approaches to becoming taller. And the use of 'thing-longers' like the 4' long plastic tubing his dad has for some reason and the flyswatter to reach things otherwise unreachable. Nothing like yelling "get the flyswatter out of the fridge" to make you do a :oops: and sigh heavily.

20. ZOOfo-Dyas

ZOOfo-Dyas Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Aunt Jenn is in trouble again... I have been informed that I need to transfer all of my TCW epis to my sister's computer by a 3 year old. :oops:

"'Cause no 'mercials and I want Yoda at my house!" [face_laugh]

21. Death_The_Destroyer

Death_The_Destroyer Jedi Youngling

May 12, 2009
  22. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    LOL did he tell you this over IM?

23. ZOOfo-Dyas

ZOOfo-Dyas Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    No, he got out Mommy's cellphone and made her let him call me to ask (aka Demand).

He only gets to IM with you and Smacky

24. Mistress

Mistress Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 28, 2002
    I just caught Bean taking a dump in the cats litter box...I am speechless, and slightly disturbed.

25. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    :eek:[face_laugh]

I don't suppose there's any chance she was "playing kitty" when she did it...?